Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi this is my first post I had the op in Dec last year and I have lost 50lbs don't know if I should losing more but I have a major problem im constipated all the time I have tried laxatives and still feeling that way. Help is there any suggestions to help me ease my pain?

I had surgery in December too and also had the same problem until I started using a spoon full of sugar free Metamucil every day. Some people prefer Benefiber because it has no flavor. What ever brand you choose, you will become regular and pain free. :)

Early on, I would use Milk of magnesia, a temporary fix, just to get things moving, so to speak. After bringing up the issue with my surgeon's office, they suggested I start taking a daily probiotic. I also started putting Benefiber in my Water. For no other reason than to save myself some money, I've stopped taking both the probiotic and Benefiber and replaced it with a homemade green smoothie every morning, as fruits and vegetables are naturally high in Fiber. That seems to have done the trick. For me, anyway.

Love this green smoothie

What do you put in yours? Made myself a fruit one Thursday but haven't gone Green, probably should, always feared it would be like eating lawn grass, did that once on a bet,Nasty Nasty Nasty!

15 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

What do you put in yours? Made myself a fruit one Thursday but haven't gone Green, probably should, always feared it would be like eating lawn grass, did that once on a bet,Nasty Nasty Nasty!

I use about 3 cups of baby spinach, half of a banana, 1 cup of strawberries, 1 cup of blueberries, 1/4 cup of pineapple, and 1 cup of light soy milk. You honestly can't even taste the spinach. If you're looking for a low carb version, replace the banana with an avocado and stick with berries and pitted fruit.

12 hours ago, nomdeplume said:

I use about 3 cups of baby spinach, half of a banana, 1 cup of strawberries, 1 cup of blueberries, 1/4 cup of pineapple, and 1 cup of light soy milk. You honestly can't even taste the spinach. If you're looking for a low carb version, replace the banana with an avocado and stick with berries and pitted fruit.

I wish I could have this sounds so good :( but I am in a 1 month liquid diet. living on sugar free Gatorade

As the 60s song alludes to; "Your Day will Come, and you'll have everything!"

Hi this is my first post I had the op in Dec last year and I have lost 50lbs don't know if I should losing more but I have a major problem im constipated all the time I have tried laxatives and still feeling that way. Help is there any suggestions to help me ease my pain?
So I've been on morphine for 5 years it causes horrible Constipation. So I came up with a natural remedy because nothing worked.
I make a tea as many times a week as needed but for me now maybe 2 x a week to stay regular.
It's made from yellow dock, sarsparilla, and burdock root. It tastes bitter and kinda like diet but I add some Water Enhancer to make it more palatable. Maybe that would work for you. My doc even suggests to his patients now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

@Lorraine first of all congrats to you. Before the surgery I used to get occasional consti because I at times ignore fruits and Water but after surgery and taking the Iron tablets makes me feel consti ask the time and the feeling ain't great I'm still trying to find the solution that works the most for me so I'm trying out the suggestions so I do hope you can and will find the best solution for you.