Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight did you lose before people noticed?

How much weight did you lose before people noticed?

Way more than I would have expected 🙄 but I don’t really know what number. Maybe 60.

Thanks for answers my question

45. In my face, of course!

maybe when I lost my first 30 a few started noticing, my face got much thinner, always thought I had a round or square face, but it actually is long with high cheekbones, the one Native American tendency, compliments of my paternal side, and oh Yes they deny it so I don't mention it anymore. At best I would be somewhere between 1/8th and 1/16th, but look the ancestral pictures, you look at the great- grandparents on back furtherand those are not Slavic faces I see. One ancestor looks like Chief Dan George, that was in several movies like that one with Cat Dancing in the title. Now at 80 pounds, I really am getting to the remarked -on stage. So I have perfected a good reply to the question, tried and tested just the other day.Yes I am half the Woman I used to be and twice as happy as I expected about it! Still in reality have 54 pounds to my Dream goal, but the questioner did not need to know that, and my next goal to March bravely towards? Get to Onederland, and though that would be an impossible dream, but today I think this old gal has a fighting CHANCE to achieve it. I still am suffering from Mirror Shock, not sure who of my relatives I will grow to look like, but I sure don't look like the Plump Previous Me, Oh Well and Good, Tomkitten says I look nice to him -Tried joking he's approaching bifocals, but inside I am glad he feels that way and I'm flattered he says so!👸&👨

I’ve lost close to 30 so far and people are starting to notice because I’m losing it all in my face/waist/torso.
Sigh, I’ve always had a pear figure and my thunder thighs are still there.
I’ve dropped over 2 sizes now in tops, but only 1 pant size.
Maybe the next 30 pounds will help my hips,butt,and thighs shrink

About 30 pounds before people started commenting.

Took me 50# to drop a size. So, it took me about 75 before people started noticing. Which is just fine with me. Now I'm losing sizes more quickly. I've also basically stayed in my same work dresses, so you can't really see the loss.

I've been out of the office on jury duty for about a month and I'll have lost about 20# in that time and needed to finally buy a few new work clothes, so it'll be interesting to see if anyone says anything when I go back.

Edited by notmyname

Hi! I started at about 240, and when I got to about 200/190 is when people started making comments (all good things). I'm 130 now (I'll be a year post VSG in 2 weeks) and most people I haven't seen in the last year or so don't recognize me. I still have 10 pounds to go but feeling and looking better than I ever have!

On 03/23/2019 at 6:23 AM ,Sheribear68 said:

I’ve lost close to 30 so far and people are starting to notice because I’m losing it all in my face/waist/torso.

Sigh, I’ve always had a pear figure and my thunder thighs are still there.

I’ve dropped over 2 sizes now in tops, but only 1 pant size.

Maybe the next 30 pounds will help my hips,butt,and thighs shrink

isn't it kind of ironic so how this all happens to play out? I think I might have facial amnesia, I forget that's me in the mirror. Read somewhere on here that it takes 18 months to fully recover, THAT'S WHAT IS WRONG- I'm just looking SICK! Well that's my story, might as well stick with That Line!

Probably about 60, mostly when I bought new work clothes in smaller sizes which didn't camoflauge my body as much. pre surgery weight 265. Aug 15 2018 surgery 250. Current 175. Goal 155.

11 hours ago, AshleyS said:

Hi! I started at about 240, and when I got to about 200/190 is when people started making comments (all good things). I'm 130 now (I'll be a year post VSG in 2 weeks) and most people I haven't seen in the last year or so don't recognize me. I still have 10 pounds to go but feeling and looking better than I ever have!

What all are you doing I'm pre-op starting at 330 and my goal is 150-180. I just want to be successful in this endeavor.

Approximately 30 pounds when I lost weight in my face and my forearms became thinner.

Not quite sure, but probably 20-25 lbs.