Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

His,

So I'm 25 days out and on soft foods. I do ok with foods, buy can hardly eat much.

The radiologist told me I should only feel fullness and not pain. Pain seems to be the first sign I get. Just wanting to know if this is normal or not?

Thanks!

Edited by gabybab

I have found that if I eat until I think I am full, I will have pain. I have to stop before that point and just let things rest. I usually have to divide my Protein meal in half and eat the second part about an hour later. I also found that I need to have a lot more moisture with my protein, so I add chicken broth and cottage cheese to almost everything.

If I eat too much, or eat too fast, or don't chew really really well, it will be painful. A couple of times, it was so bad I thought I would have to go to the ER, but it passed. I had swallowed too much too fast and it only takes a time or two to learn not to do THAT again!

Sounds like your eating past full. I too have done this. Only took for it to happen once for me to understand that I was over doing it.

I've moved myself down to 1/3 cup and still having pain. It started immediately after my first bite.

I find this whole getting enough Water & Protein exhausting. As I barely get to my goals.

10 hours ago, gabybab said:

I've moved myself down to 1/3 cup and still having pain. It started immediately after my first bite.

I find this whole getting enough Water & Protein exhausting. As I barely get to my goals.

It is hard and exhausting. Doctors and other patients make it sound easy however it isn’t. You have to really want it but you can get there.

4 hours ago, Frmamomzeyez said:

It is hard and exhausting. Doctors and other patients make it sound easy however it isn’t. You have to really want it but you can get there.

Thank you! It is very exhausting. I hope to get to a point I can just wat 3x a day and get enough Protein to sustain me. Trying to take pills, eating and drinking is a terrible chore and right now I just feel overwhelmed.

1 hour ago, drac2you said:

I totally understand what you are dealing with, having been instructed no eating or drinking for 45 minutes before and after eating, while trying to take oral medications! Trust me, it WILL get easier as you adjust to your new sleeve, give it time, you are only 25 days out. My experience has been to be sure to chew my food until it seems pointless to do it anymore before going to the next bite, then, if you HAVE to take oral meds with food try to do so with a SIP of Water only. Until you are used to how much you can consume at a sitting, you may have to cut the meal you take your meds with into two servings an hour or so apart so the food has time to move out of your stomach. Hope that helps you a bit! Good luck!

Yes, it does help so much! I'm feeling very defeated right now. I can not find one single Protein Drink I can tolerate without gagging. I bought a "pure protein" bar today and it was nice and soft, and I seem to be able to tolerate a bar, but it was sickening sweet. I could only tolerate half. I'm having a hard time getting in 60 grams of Protein, as I feel nauseated a lot. I go to my PA to see her on Tuesday to see if I can resolve some issues.

Thanks for your encouragement!

1 hour ago, Kris77 said:

Have you tried Premier Protein chocolate? !i pour mine over ice. So good!

No. Can you buy a single one?

On 3/24/2019 at 6:20 PM, drac2you said:

@gabybab I hope the PA can help you! Please keep us posted.

I went to the PA today and she gave me a B12 shot. She thinks I have gastritis and wants me take more anti-nausea pills, which my daughter is out picking up now. Alao, she ordered hydration and uncanny do that 3x a week. She said they will order Vitamins in the bags.

Anything I eat seems to make me really full. for some reason cheese doesn't seem to give me that feeling, so I will try it at least 1x a day to meet my Protein goals.

Don’t sweat the Protein goals for now.
I’m 7 weeks out and I’ve found that the only thing I can tolerate before noon is fairlife milk.
Just the plain— the flavored ones have waaaaaay too much sugar.
Each 8oz glass has 13 gm protein— much better than a scrambled egg which takes forever to get down.
After I’ve drank 3 bottles of Water and a glass of milk, I’m ready for something for lunch and typically I eat soft cheese and have maybe 4-5 almonds for lunch.
dinner is so much easier because my sleeve is looser and I can eat about 2 ounces protein and maybe a couple spoonfuls of veg.

On 03/26/2019 at 20:34, gabybab said:

I’m not sure if you can buy them individually-I’m sure you can but the grocery store has them four to a pack. So if you couldn’t find individual bottles then a four pack wouldn’t be too bad.

I am almost 8 weeks post OP and everything you're dealing with, I am as well... it's been tough. I found that I like the premier caramel flavor the most and what I do is I get some Decaf hazelnut coffee (I have a keurig) and I make 6 ounces of it, put a chocolate premier shake in a blender with the coffee and some ice and it's like a light milkshake...a lot lighter on the stomach for me. I personally am still having a hard time getting my Water and Protein but am trying my best like you. One other option someone recommended to me is the GENEPRO Protein Powder. It literally has NO taste at all which I love because literally anything can make me nauseous at this point....and that protein powder packs 30 grams of protein in one tablespoon scoop...which is so helpful.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am very thrilled to report after 3 months of. diappointment and sorrow, Premiere Protein flavor returned to my local Wal-Mart, I of course went and got caramel and Peaches and Creme, the 2 I have missed the most!, With caramel Decaff is almost palatable.

17 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Don’t sweat the Protein goals for now.
I’m 7 weeks out and I’ve found that the only thing I can tolerate before noon is fairlife milk.
Just the plain— the flavored ones have waaaaaay too much sugar.
Each 8oz glass has 13 gm protein— much better than a scrambled egg which takes forever to get down.
After I’ve drank 3 bottles of Water and a glass of milk, I’m ready for something for lunch and typically I eat soft cheese and have maybe 4-5 almonds for lunch.< br /> dinner is so much easier because my sleeve is looser and I can eat about 2 ounces Protein and maybe a couple spoonfuls of veg.

I think I have felt so nauseous because I barely eat anything and it's a viscous cycle. I've lost 45 lbs in 37 days and has taken a toll on me.

Today I've eaten a yogurt, 1 string cheese & just ate 3 shrimp (first time) & I feel quite a bit better.

I hope I'm turning a corner, it has been an arduous journey & at times I have questioned it. For today I feel better and out of bed a lot more, with a trip to the store!!