Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my advocate called today and said my insurance requires 2 years of weight history. I can only provide 1 year from the dr which is 2018 because I didn’t have a PCP in 2017. So she suggested that I write a letter and send pics explaining my reasons for wanting the surgery.

So my question is has anyone submitted pics to the insurance for your 2 weight history? What was your your outcome if you did ?

Hi Shanda,

Can you post the name of your insurance company. Maybe there are members here who can offer suggestions when dealing your insurance company. Also do you have any history of gym membership or weight loss program such as weight Watchers, Jenny Craig etc. that can be used as weight loss history.

I know it will work out for you.

Susie

On 03/22/2019 at 18:38, SusieQ2019 said:

Hi Shanda,

Can you post the name of your insurance company. Maybe there are members here who can offer suggestions when dealing your insurance company. Also do you have any history of gym membership or weight loss program such as weight Watchers, Jenny Craig etc. that can be used as weight loss history.

I know it will work out for you.

Susie

Thank you for that suggestion, Aetna POS II.

I have Aetna, and on the form to be filled out by my PCP the weight history was crossed out. I was confused because the first one I was given had the weight history, but they gave me a second copy with the history crossed out. I know that there are different types of insurance plans base on the one each company offer to their employees. But please double check to make sure.

My insurance wanted 5 years of weight history. They wouldn't let me use pictures or anything they said it had to be weight as well as blood pressure and heart rate taken at doctor visits. I didn't have all that so I had to wait till i built it.

On 03/23/2019 at 22:28, april042019 said:

My insurance wanted 5 years of weight history. They wouldn't let me use pictures or anything they said it had to be weight as well as blood pressure and heart rate taken at doctor visits. I didn't have all that so I had to wait till i built it.

Wow!!!! What insurance do you have ? My advocate basically told me if I didn’t have dr documentation that I could always use pictures and write a letter.

14 hours ago, Shanda_2019 said:
14 hours ago, april042019 said:

Wow!!!! What insurance do you have ? My advocate basically told me if I didn’t have dr documentation that I could always use pictures and write a letter.

Yeah I don't know that's what I was told and it sucked. At least I'm done with all that now and my surgery is April 4!! Also, my insurance is AHCCCS.

Oh wow, I had no idea insurance companies went back that far to require info. I guess my medical records for the past two years showed my weight history because I don't remember having to fill that out.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:12 PM, naiad said:

Mine required 2 years as well! I had just gotten a pcp!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

So what did you have to do to satisfy the 2 year weight requirement ?

On 04/02/2019 at 15:50, Shanda_2019 said:

I had to piece together the places I went to and got weights from all the different people!

1 minute ago, naiad said:
3 minutes ago, Shanda_2019 said:

I had to piece together the places I went to and got weights from all the different people!

I had 2 dr visits in 2018 so I was able to get that, but my advocate said write a letter and send pictures for 2017. Since she is the insurance advocate she should know what they will accept. I'm just praying that works. Do you have Aetna insurance ?