Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was blamed for my GERD. He even wrote I should be examined for Münchausen syndrome even though I show no symptoms and my psychiatrist said not a chance. He also said I have GERD because I’m bipolar. Huh?! I fired him and went to Cedars for my RNY I’m having on Thursday. I’m actually filing a formal complaint with UCLA. Accusing me of such a major mental illness. He didnt order a psych eval or anything. Absolutely disgusting and unethical. Now I have to submit a request to have it removed from my EMR.

On 03/31/2019 at 13:25, lisa0617 said:

You are telling my story. I am switching to another doctor and my appointment is Apr 29. I am so upset he was such a jerk last Monday to me.

Sent from my LGLS991 using BariatricPal mobile app

I’ll send you my birthday vibes! Your appt is my 33rd bday and I can’t Celebrate with food or cake since I’ll be on liquids and can’t have processed sugar so all my bday vibes are going your way for approval! My second doctor had me approved within 24 hours.

Happy Early Birthday, Kate! April 2019 Is going to become even mor4 special if your surgery happens this month also. Will be praying 🙏for you as well as the others I've met on Bariatric Pal.It would be nice,of there was a Birthday Cake Protein Shake, k,ow there are bars, so totally not seen but there ought to be one in liquid form
Arm throbbing,woke me up at 5AM, took a couple straight Tylenol, then, let's see if that will faze me enough I can go back,to sleep. in the olden days. I'd get a cup of something like coffee because things are quiet st Chez Frustr8. I don't want to even what up my cats, days are long enough all ready.

I

So sorry Kate. Consider a complaint with state licensing board as well. Seems to be practicing outside his scope

I’ll send you my birthday vibes! Your appt is my 33rd bday and I can’t Celebrate with food or cake since I’ll be on liquids and can’t have processed sugar so all my bday vibes are going your way for approval! My second doctor had me approved within 24 hours.
Happy early birthday. My birthday is the 17th. I am so nervous that I am going to have the same thing all over again. Did you have to have an Endoscopy for before the procedure for the approval? I haven't had one since 2015. I am so happy for you. I heard the bypass fixes it right away. All the acid reducers are starting to make me feel sick to my stomach.

I was blamed for my GERD. He even wrote I should be examined for Münchausen syndrome even though I show no symptoms and my psychiatrist said not a chance. He also said I have GERD because I’m bipolar. Huh?! I fired him and went to Cedars for my RNY I’m having on Thursday. I’m actually filing a formal complaint with UCLA. Accusing me of such a major mental illness. He didnt order a psych eval or anything. Absolutely disgusting and unethical. Now I have to submit a request to have it removed from my EMR.
That is incredible. I am so sorry no one should be treated like that. I don't know what gives them the right to treat us like that. My doctor wouldn't even let me talk. Every time I opened my mouth he said I was making an excuse for eating wrong. I will eat drink anything I can for relief.

I had bad gerd and some cellular changes pre op which was fixed by medicine. Subsequently I had gastric bypass and I have had zero issues with gerd since.

Same issue as @katebruin we did an edg and found really bad inflammation to the esophagus causing a restriction where the pouch was meeting. Once the results came back from GI and I met with my surgeon, I was schedule in 72 hours (because he doesn't do surgeries on Friday I was scheduled that Monday and preopped that Friday) it was extremely fast. Since it's considered a medically necessary procedure there aren't any hoops to jump through other then just getting insurance to approve. I've been taking 80mg of protonix for years. And Zantac 300 was added about 9 months ago. I'm nearing 18 mo post sleeve- the severe reflux had been going on for about 9 months. I also would go thru alka seltzer chews about a bottle and half a month. I'm 4 wks post conversion today, and have not had any reflux, but am still taking my current meds.

On 04/01/2019 at 02:25, Frustr8 said:

Happy Early Birthday, Kate! April 2019 Is going to become even mor4 special if your surgery happens this month also. Will be praying 🙏for you as well as the others I've met on Bariatric Pal.It would be nice,of there was a Birthday Cake Protein Shake, k,ow there are bars, so totally not seen but there ought to be one in liquid form

Arm throbbing,woke me up at 5AM, took a couple straight Tylenol, then, let's see if that will faze me enough I can go back,to sleep. in the olden days. I'd get a cup of something like coffee because things are quiet st Chez Frustr8. I don't want to even what up my cats, days are long enough all ready.

I

Thank you! Surgery is Thursday! Eek! I’m hoping for my bday I can have a nibble of one of those birthday cake flavored Protein cakes. I think I’ll be in the soft food phase so maybe I’ll have to sing to myself then smoosh it up. 😂

On 04/01/2019 at 03:43, lisa0617 said:

Happy early birthday. My birthday is the 17th. I am so nervous that I am going to have the same thing all over again. Did you have to have an Endoscopy for before the procedure for the approval? I haven't had one since 2015. I am so happy for you. I heard the bypass fixes it right away. All the acid reducers are starting to make me feel sick to my stomach.

I’ve had several endoscopies since my sleeve August 2017. Maybe 3? I’m actually lucky my esophagus has no cellular changes yet. Key word, YET. Also had barium swallow, sham feeding test, esophageal manometry, bravo pH study that showed severe reflux, a contrast abdominal and pelvic CT, and a gastric emptying test that showed gastroparesis. My surgeon was still a doodie head so I switched hospitals. He says 90% cure and if I’m in that 10% I might punch a wall. Year and a half on Prilosec, and 4 months high dose steroids made me lose a dental implant I had already paid $4,000 for and now reconstructive surgery is probably $10-15k. YAY REFLUX!

I haven't had any testing since 2015 prior to my sleeve. I need everything to fit in this deductible year.

I can understand paying money for a procedure and it was for nothing. I had a Tummy Tuck last year and that is why I didn't say yes to the Bypass the first time. My reflux is worse so now my health needs to come before vanity. Good luck tomorrow. You will be in my thoughts.

I’ve had several endoscopies since my sleeve August 2017. Maybe 3? I’m actually lucky my esophagus has no cellular changes yet. Key word, YET. Also had barium swallow, sham feeding test, esophageal manometry, bravo pH study that showed severe reflux, a contrast abdominal and pelvic CT, and a gastric emptying test that showed gastroparesis. My surgeon was still a doodie head so I switched hospitals. He says 90% cure and if I’m in that 10% I might punch a wall. Year and a half on Prilosec, and 4 months high dose steroids made me lose a dental implant I had already paid $4,000 for and now reconstructive surgery is probably $10-15k. YAY REFLUX!
Well here is a little more hope. The lastest researcher from one of the bigger clinic shows a 95% success rate. I have to find my source again. It gave me alot of hope.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I just got 5 weeks post op today for conversion to bypass for GERD (severe with esophagus restriction) and I've had absolutely NO reflux! I ate a little salsa yesterday, and had no problems with or after. It's amazing. I wish I hadn't waited so long to consult with my surgeon on the issue. Good luck guys! It's gonna get better!!!

Well here is a little more hope. The lastest researcher from one of the bigger clinic shows a 95% success rate. I have to find my source again. It gave me alot of hope.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

A 95% success rate with what?
Is there something they can do besides bypass or is that a success rate if curing GERD with bypass?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app