Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I haven't seen the sub-200 zone in quite a long time (maybe 15 years) and I wanted to say thank you for all the support this forum has offered. Down to 198 and feeling fine. Still some trouble with solid food, particularly meat or dense Proteins. Still some issues with gout. But in general I feel great and have no regrets. I'm still out of work, but unfortunately I don't have any control over that process (all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted...just waiting and waiting and waiting).

The only advice I can offer to anyone; hang in there. If I can do it, you can too.

That's GREAT! I thought I'd make Onederland this week, but maybe next week. I'm SO CLOSE! Yeah, I can't do steak, soft tortillas, and some other foods still at 3.5 months post-op.

WHOOOOO HOOOOO!

How much do you weigh?

One hundred something :-)

4 hours ago, WNC AV8R said:

Still some issues with gout.

I still battle the gout too. It's gotten worse and I've been to my Doc a few times since surgery because of debilitating outbreaks. He gave me Prednisone and that works fast but can't be taken long term. I was told (like you mentioned in another post) that it's part of the process if you are a gout sufferer but it's almost unbearable at times. It definitely puts a damper on the exercise part of weight loss. We'll have to keep each other posted about this gout thing since we had the same surgery 4 days apart. Congrats on your success by the way. :)

5 hours ago, WNC AV8R said:

thank you for all the support this forum has offered.

@WNC AV8R

OP from A-Z, that's what we are here for.!!

sorry you still are dealing with a few problems, hopefully they will clear up/get better soon.

welcome to onderland. Great neighborhood. Full of nice people.! 198 - party dance, party dance

keep up the great job☺️

kathy

congrats

3 hours ago, GradyCat said:

SO CLOSE!

@GradyCat

i remember your earlier post hoping you'd be at onderland by now.

hey bud - you'll be there very soon, i can feel it in my thinner bones!!

i'm sure you'll be able to eat different foods eventually.☺️

good luck bud

kathy

On 3/22/2019 at 1:43 PM, Ed_NW said:

I still battle the gout too. It's gotten worse and I've been to my Doc a few times since surgery because of debilitating outbreaks. He gave me Prednisone and that works fast but can't be taken long term. I was told (like you mentioned in another post) that it's part of the process if you are a gout sufferer but it's almost unbearable at times. It definitely puts a damper on the exercise part of weight loss. We'll have to keep each other posted about this gout thing since we had the same surgery 4 days apart. Congrats on your success by the way. :)

I was finally able to get past on VERY long gout attack, but it took IV fluids and a lot of Allopurinol. To keep them at bay I take the capsule form of Tart Cherry every day and Allopurinol tablets. The team did finally allow me to take Colchicine, but only for a short time and with a PPI. As usual, Tylenol is largely ineffective at controlling gout pain. Bottom line for me anyway, fluids - fluids - fluids. Prevention is the best medicine.

You're absolutely right though, the gout will definitely dampen the exercise routine, which is a shame because I (finally) feel good enough to actually work out.

Thanks for the encouragement. Congratulations on your progress. Looks like you're doing very well.