Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did you feel after gastric sleeve surgery? Any

4 days post op vsg and feeling so lousy! Lots of pain and discomfort and I noticed gas has increased. I am walking a lot and taking gas x but it doesn’t seem to be working that well.

also, everytime I drink even a small amount I can feel it sitting at the top of my stomach and seems like it takes awhile to trickle down. Is this normal?

Yes, very normal. As the swelling goes down, the fluids will move through more easily. That's why they have you take little sips in the beginning so that you don't overwhelm your capacity!

Thank you! Also, is there a more comfortable way to sleep? I noticed if I tried to get flatter in bed my stomach bubbles more. So I sit up mostly to sleep but that is starting to hurt!

I hardly walked at all in the hospital. The pain was just so intense. Plus I was on my period and I bleed very heavily so my blood count was always down and everytime I tried to sit up I would almost pass out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah the first few days really stink. In fact, don’t sweat it if you can ingest enough liquids to get your Protein goals met. Worry first about Water and nutrition will sort itself out later.
The best thing you can do is walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk.

sleeping more than 3-4 hours at a time didn’t happen for me til somewhere around day 7. I’m a side-sleeper, but trying to roll side to side was impossible for the first couple weeks, and I would have to get up to pee 3-4 times during the night anyway.

It was okay though because at least I didn’t have to worry about having to go in for work

Pain tolerance is different for each of us. For me it was discomfort. I had fantastic pain meds and bounced back quickly. I experienced more pain giving birth to my son.

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I was sleeping on a wedge before surgery and kept it afterward.

I absolutely love my wedge since I started my aPap machine. Even when I get thin enough to get rid of that thing, I'm keeping my wedge. Love it!!!

Thank you so much! Nausea is decreasing but still feel bloated. Walking to alleviate some gas pains. Trying to get more fluids down today. As for sleeping I noticed last night I don’t need to be as propped up as I have been the last couple of days.

Sorry you're not feeling well. I got lucky. I never had any pain, never took any pain meds, and only had nausea the first day post-op in the hospital but never again. Hang in there, it does get better and it's worth it.

I guess I don’t do well with anesthesia or pain meds. I needed pain meds for the pain but it would make me so sick. The nausea is finally starting to subside so that makes me feel so much better! I do notice each day I feel a little better. Post op day one and two I kept saying why did I do this to myself! But I do feel better each day! How far post op are you?

On 03/22/2019 at 09:35, Asull1188 said:

I guess I don’t do well with anesthesia or pain meds. I needed pain meds for the pain but it would make me so sick. The nausea is finally starting to subside so that makes me feel so much better! I do notice each day I feel a little better. Post op day one and two I kept saying why did I do this to myself! But I do feel better each day! How far post op are you?

Did your surgeon give you a script for nausea? You’re probably past the worst of it but if not call and request one. I’m two months out and yes, the first week especially was rough!! I didn’t sleep comfortably for the first few weeks and didn’t get any energy back until 3/4 weeks. Be gentle with yourself, you’ve been through a lot. Just keep getting that Water in and Protein as you can

I did get nausea medicine! They had a hard time controlling my nausea in the hospital because none of the anti nausea medications would work. But the nausea is getting less and less and just that makes me feel a million times better. I think I read to many positive recovery stories so I went in confident and thought I’d feel great after and I had the total opposite so i felt like I let myself down. Since I am feeling better I know each day I will get better and stronger.

Another thing that really helps with nausea is to drink drink drink.
I know it’s not what you really want to do, but proper hydration will make you feel a million times better

Did anyone experience sight chest/left side pain after surgery? I'm 5 days post op and have slight lower left chest pain or pain on my left side. I can do the breathing exercises no problem. I'm not sure if it's just pain from my stomach or normal? It's nothing super bad, just slightly concerned.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app