Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Taking laxatives or stool softeners long term I don’t think are good for your system and you can’t take them everyday for the rest of your life.
Another person that had a sleeve done as well recommended collagen Peptide and it has been great! Helps w hair nails protien and being regular! Hope this help someone

I’m still pre-op so take my advice with that in mind. When I was pregnant and had to take zoftan to help my serious morning sickness, I got seriously, horribly constipated. I got to ten days with no movement and was finally advised to use an enema. The fleet enema is just a saline solution and it did the trick when nothing else did. I tried stool softeners, Miralax, everything I could safely use. The enema fixed my problem in about 5-10 minutes. I know it seems like an extreme tactic, but it beats suffering with a stomachs ache and sore backside. If it isn’t contraindicated with was, I think it’s worth a try. Good luck!

Mag citrate will work, took me about half the bottle. But i just can't handle the taste. I just do stool softener. I've tried milk of mag, it's just not as effective. I've always had bowel issues since I was a kid. I was on citracel for years. Usually I just do a softener every other day.

Colace and Benefiber. Milk of Magnesia on occasion.

I feel like I’ve had the worst constupation in the world since surgery. I’ve gone almost 2 weeks without any bm quite a few times. I really had to get serious about a bowel regimen.

I use Miralax every day religiously. I personally do not skip a dose if my stool is runny because then it goes right back to rock hard. There seems to be no in between for me. I also drink 60ml of MOM if it’s been more than a day without a bm. Otherwise, I get impacted (seriously...) quickly and to the point where enemas and senna laxatives do not work.

I also had to evaluate the type of Calcium I was taking. I swear my BariMelts Calcium is adding to the Constipation because I removed them from my diet for a few days and the constipation lessened. I still take them, I just am much more vigilant in the Miralax and MOM. Senna tea (smooth move) is still my go to if things don’t progress like they should.

I had two teaspoons of Miralax and my Protein yesterday. I was able to have a BM this morning. If I go more than two days I add a little extra

I feel like I’ve had the worst constupation in the world since surgery. I’ve gone almost 2 weeks without any bm quite a few times. I really had to get serious about a bowel regimen.

I use Miralax every day religiously. I personally do not skip a dose if my stool is runny because then it goes right back to rock hard. There seems to be no in between for me. I also drink 60ml of MOM if it’s been more than a day without a bm. Otherwise, I get impacted (seriously...) quickly and to the point where enemas and senna laxatives do not work.

I also had to evaluate the type of Calcium I was taking. I swear my BariMelts Calcium is adding to the Constipation because I removed them from my diet for a few days and the constipation lessened. I still take them, I just am much more vigilant in the Miralax and MOM. Senna tea (smooth move) is still my go to if things don’t progress like they should.
Yeah your situation seems similar to mine...unfortanutely I took a big tablespoon if miralax yesterday and got nothing :( I'm so disheartened and struggling because I'm not losing any weight because of this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had two teaspoons of Miralax and my Protein yesterday. I was able to have a BM this morning. If I go more than two days I add a little extra
I had a cap full of miralax yesterday and no bowel movements at all... usually miralax works for me so now I'm so frustrated.

24 minutes ago, Tejee said:

I had a cap full of miralax yesterday and no bowel movements at all... usually miralax works for me so now I'm so frustrated.

dont get discouraged as miralax does not work for me either it kinda makes me sick now so i went to Smooth Move tea or mom they seem to keep me moving every other day

On 03/22/2019 at 11:37, Tejee said:

Yeah your situation seems similar to mine...unfortanutely I took a big tablespoon if miralax yesterday and got nothing :( I'm so disheartened and struggling because I'm not losing any weight because of this.

I’m not sure if you missed my post with the solution I used for this but it works.
Try Vital Protien collagen Peptide-
You get your Protein and it makes you go the restroom. It WORKS. I buy it st my grocery store but you can get it online too.

Vital Protiens collagen Peptide. It’s unflavored. I put a scoop in my coffee in the morning-and voila! I get to be regular and also it has protien in it.
Does it just make you have a regular stool or does it make it runny?

Mostly just regular stool. Sometimes a little running but that is prob bc I may have tried to drink up my coffee too fast(I put a scoop in my coffee) as it’s unflavored. They make it in a Creamer now that comes in coconut and vanilla flavoring but I use the unflavored bc I can add it to anything to give me more protien. It has made a huge diff. Constipation after the sleeve was my biggest annoyance. Felt bloated, felt heavier on the scale and it just feels uncomfortable. Another friend who was sleeved told me about this and I am so thankful for it! Plus you get a serving of Protein. 2 scoops are 18 grams of protein,20 grams of collagen. Hope this info helps you. It really worked for me

I was a little backed up earlier this week and had 2 oz of hummus. A few hours later, things were moving again. Had hummus again last night and this morning things were moving.

I eat Fiber One bars and drink plenty of fluids. If I don’t poop for a couple of days I’ll eat a bowl of Raisin Bran. If that doesn’t work I take a laxative (senna) and drink some Smooth Move tea.