Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My road to sleeve surgery...fingers crossed!

5 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Well I had heard of Hurry Up and Wait, but you are the 1st example of Wait and Hurry Up I have personally known. Well the dreading is over, the fear you wouldn't be approved has finished, now forward , hup 2 -3-4. it's Pedal to the Metal Time for Y O U !

Lol, yes...my office definitely did it a little backwards! I swear you give the best pep talks and advice!

Why Thank You, I sure didn't expect that , I like your postings too.!

Saying good morning from my hospital bed! Had the surgery yesterday. I was pretty knocked out and exhausted all day yesterday so I did t get a chance to post. Pain is better today. I was pretty nauseous and I a good amount of pain yesterday. I’ve gotten up to walk a few times but have only burped a little. Hopefully when my Dr comes in this morning I will be discharged!

There were A few things I definitely didn’t expect or prepared for. I didn’t expect to only be allowed a shot glass size of Water every hour. I thought I would be able to sip throughout the day. This was/is rough because my mouth is soooooo dry and I was so thirsty all day. Second thing i wasn’t expecting was the “numbing” stuff they put along your nerves in your stomach. This way you don’t feel the pain as much until the next day...I definitely feel the pain more today since it wore off. Sort of feels like I got punched really hard in the gut or did the hardest Pilates class of my life. And third thing I wasn’t expecting was pretty much telling a lot of info about this surgery to all the nurses. Apparently they do t get a ton of Bariatric patients so they weee extremely curious. Lol, I didn’t mind answering them though.

Anyhoo... the first 2 pictures are from yesterday morning right before surgery.

Last pic is post op and the incisions! The bottom ones don’t hurt as much as the top ones. (Sorry about the under boob)88AE273E-3120-433A-92C8-8985F671277B.thumb.jpeg.6ef78c32729a5be439b65abb032ff442.jpeg

E7A70C00-4E8D-41F2-811B-06E5D41F7C0E.jpeg

013D1605-4E5E-4429-B09E-4A8F4EA6C5EA.jpeg

6EBD8483-434B-41DF-9575-C9ECE8CF4387.jpeg

Congratulations for being on the other side !!! I’m glad all went well. That thirst afterwards 🤦🏼‍♀️ But they let me suck on ice cubes as much as I wanted. Good luck on being discharged soon and on the rest of your recovery. A small pillow will be your friend of you sneeze, cough or laugh. I also found having a chair (I used my dining room chairs with arms) next to where I was sitting/laying helped to push me up to a standing position. Again, congratulations!!

On 4/26/2019 at 9:01 AM, DanaC84 said:

Congratulations for being on the other side !!! I’m glad all went well. That thirst afterwards 🤦🏼‍♀️ But they let me suck on ice cubes as much as I wanted. Good luck on being discharged soon and on the rest of your recovery. A small pillow will be your friend of you sneeze, cough or laugh. I also found having a chair (I used my dining room chairs with arms) next to where I was sitting/laying helped to push me up to a standing position. Again, congratulations!!

Ty! I’ve been hugging a small pillow against me every night. Sneezing is still an experience lol.

My surgery was the 25th and it went well. Went in at 6:30am that morning and was home by 1pm the next day. I did ask if I could go home the same day but they weren’t havin’ It. I Had my 2 week follow up today and I’m down 17lbs since surgery! According to my weight I took the morning of surgery I’m down 15 but the dr told me the weight they took in the hospital the morning of surgery was 233. I had a little stall for 5 days the first week post -op which was a little discouraging but things have been moving great this past week. From now on though, I am only weighing myself every Friday! I also have been having the most terrible stabbing pain under my left side rib cage which turns out to be a common side effect after the sleeve. It’s something about my spleen not getting enough blood flow yet because the nerves that supply it were cut when they removed a portion of my stomach. Fortunately this will go away over time when the blood supply returns. I’m having difficulty not drinking 30/30 with eating but today I cracked down on myself and set timers! I will admit I still feel hungry a lot and the carb craving hasn’t magically disappeared like I was anticipating... but they are definitely a lot less. I am drinking between 64-80oz of crystal light easily. I can’t seem to stomach plain Water just yet since surgery. Makes me gag. I used to only drink plain cold water before surgery all the time. I’m drinking 2 Protein Shakes a day and I’m going on my second week of purées. I have tried a few soft foods here and there like scrambled eggs, chili, cottage cheese, cheese... but not everything is agreeing with my new pouch yet. I definitely need this second week just on purées before I graduate to soft. I’ve experienced the “dumping” syndrome twice now and it’s awful! I’m walking 3 miles a day at a track near my house. I got the clearance today to return to the gym and do my classes which I’m so excited for. Walking gets old quick. He just said I still have a 2 week restriction on lifting anything over 20lbs. Can’t wait to see what the next 2 weeks will bring!

On 3/18/2019 at 12:32 PM, KimB7811 said:

pretty much have always battled weight

@KimB7811

i've enjoyed reading about your whole starting journey. ups and downs, waiting for approval by insurance -finally having surgery!!

looks like your on the right road/journey to success☺️

keep up the great job

good luck

kathy

2 hours ago, ProudGrammy said:

@KimB7811

i've enjoyed reading about your whole starting journey. ups and downs, waiting for approval by insurance -finally having surgery!!

looks like your on the right road/journey to success☺️

keep up the great job

good luck

kathy

Aww thank you Kathy! I appreciate all the advise and comfort you’ve given me through this process. You are so sweet!

Ok...this took ALOT for me to do. Getting the courage to put alll of me on here like this. It’s been 5 wks as of today since I was sleeved. I’ve been putting everything I have into this but there have been times I’ve wondered if this would really work. I’ve been trying to stay off the scale but that’s a challenge, I workout like crazy everyday and I count every calorie that goes in my mouth. I haven’t been able to really “see” the difference personally even though I knew my clothes fit better and I felt better physically, but after I did this collage today it truly made me see this IS working. I still have a long ways to go but I’ll take it after 5 weeks post op! All I have to say is take pictures!!!!! I felt sick taking the first one before surgery because I hated looking at myself but I am so great full I did now. Document this journey!

Sleeved 4/25/19
HW-238
SW-233 (according to the hospital weigh-in)
CW-203
GW-140

F0DA49EC-9225-41E3-9413-E3809F60D66C.jpeg

And may you continue to do well in your recovery. It appears you have made an excellent start to it all!👍😝🌸🌺

I second Amelia's suggestion, yes please give us more chapters of "How KIM makes her Days count for the future!" You make me feel like you're a long-term friend instead,of just a co- traveler on Life's Highway. Guess some people are just That Way!

On 6/3/2019 at 4:30 AM, Amelia2019 said:

You look great 👍 I love you story and hope you continue sharing your journey 💗

Ty Amelia! I plan too keep sharing this rollercoaster ride I’m on with everyone and love reading about others experiences as well!

On 6/3/2019 at 6:44 AM, Frustr8 said:

I second Amelia's suggestion, yes please give us more chapters of "How KIM makes her Days count for the future!" You make me feel like you're a long-term friend instead,of just a co- traveler on Life's Highway. Guess some people are just That Way!

Aww I feel the same too. You e helped me so much since day 1 with kind words and encouragement! Hope you are doing well also!

Hiiiiii! It’s me again. I have been seriously slacking on this forum. Let’s see... where to start to catch you up! It was 2 months for me this past wed (June 25th) from my sleeve surgery. I cut my hair off! It’s starting to shed badly now so the really long hair was more of a pain then anything. I figured a short edgy hairdo would help make my hair look fuller. I def like it! My progress?..... I would say on the veryyyyy slow side. It’s frustrating but I trust my body and will listen to my dr who tells me it’s completely normal to stall. He said I’ve actually lost more (overall) then he expected at my 6wk checkup. I’ve been at 197 for 2 wks now. I get my 64ounces of Fluid in no problem, between 70-90g Protein a day and Usually keep my carbs between 40-50g a day. Depends on what I did for exercise that day. If I hit the gym and then walked 3-4 miles that day I will be on the higher side for everything as my nut and surgeon requested. I’m pretty much eating all normal food now. For the most part, everything I try seems to not give me issues but I learned the hard way my tummy does not like steamed broccoli. First time I had severe foamies/vomiting from anything was when I ate that 2 wks ago. However, Ever since that little episode with the broccoli, my stomach has been giving me all sorts of issues. At first I thought it was just from irritating my new stomach but now I’m pretty sure it’s something else. I started getting these horrendous stomach cramps on and off. They come on suddenly and leave me pretty much incapacitated until it just suddenly stops. Then I’m fine. They happen at anytime randomly so it’s not just when I eat. Then, about 4 nights ago, I got a terrible attack. The worst thing ever. I just finished some almonds (which I’ve eaten many times before and tolerated just fine) and got such a bad stabbing pain right in the center of my rib cage below the breast bones. Then got really nauseous and had awful diarrhea. I thought maybe this is a “dumping” episode I hear about but the diarrhea is still happening now and it’s 4 days later. I’m keeping up on my fluids but I feel like something isn’t quite right now. I definitely need to call my dr but keep putting it off. I’m sure this isn’t helping withy stall either. The past few days I haven’t even wanted to eat much either. I’m hoping it’s not my gallbladder but who knows. I’ll keep you guys posted when I get checked out! Progress pic below too!

C9E3D7E3-5797-48C0-A9CC-713E9DF97164.jpeg

49C09394-4E30-429B-85C4-E4A143B3CF52.jpeg