Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daily Nausea, Fatigue and Dizzyness post surgery with complications 😞

*This is the first posting after my (2) Bariatric Surgeries 2/4 & 2/25.

BARIATRIC RECAP: 2/4/19 Herniated Lap Band Removal; COMPLICATIONS; Surgeons find “Severe Scar Tissue” appears as hard white second lap band, surgery is stopped, sewn up and rushed to CT Scan to R/O Foreign Body. 2/5/19 start developing severe Rt Shoulder/Neck pain & Paresthetica Meralgia. Start PT, Medical Massage and Rx’s - Severe stomach & Incision pain.

2/25/19 - Surgery #2 Gastric Sleeve Conversion; MORE COMPLICATIONS. During Surgery Surgeons discover “my Liver was fused to my stomach and needed to be burned apart”, repaired a hole found in my diaphragm + performed laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery (4 hr procedure). Post Surgery Day 2-14: Chronic Lt Shoulder Pain day 2-7, Dizziness, Chronic Diarrhea continues, Nausea each day Day 12-Present. Incisions are healing but overall feeling depressed and overwhelmed by all the nausea and pains.

Entering Post-Operative Week 3: ANXIETY, CONSTANT FATIGUE & NAUSEA DAILY? Are these Normal symptoms?

“THANK YOU TO ANYONE WHO CAN SHED LIGHT ON TIMELINES FOR RECOVERY AND NAUSEA.” 🙏

D482FCE8-5684-44AF-BB32-D5DF2C487945.jpeg

Check your potassium. I was in the ER yesterday with all the same things, plus high bp, high bs and a fever. I'm severely low and was barely having any energy for 4 days. I think the diarrhea caused all my problems. Good luck feeling better!

Your body's just been through some major trauma, so it's only natural that you'd have some anxiety and your body develop some nausea to fight against the trauma. You're going to be tired for about 6 weeks more than likely. Hang in there and give your body some time to recover.

Agreed that your body has been through so much more than a regular sleeve procedure. Try to have patience but it’s hard. I was given fast disssolving zofran Which goes under your tongue for one my nausea was preventing me from getting the fluids down and it did help me a lot. Maybe your doctor can order that for you

And I am hoping each day you get to feeling better after such a rough starts It just proves that we each have a path to follow and a journey instead of a sprint to the Finish Line. I am happy my path parallels so many nice people, it's nice to not have to do everything alone. Do what is necessary to be a success and remember you have us all on here to cheer you on!

Can I just say Bless your heart? and I mean that in the nicest way possible, not the Snarky way lol

Your body has had severe trauma. potassium landed me back in 4 days postop so might be it. call your doc! Good luck!