Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not doing well

6 hours ago, gabybab said:

I'm almost 3 weeks out and these last 4 days have been hell. I'm ok where meeting my Protein goals. Water is definitely #1 and I drank 2 small V8's to help with electrolytes. My friend also suggest smart Water, so doing that too. Dr says my sugar is going high to compensate for the low potassium. Good news, my bs is only 178 tonight as I'm getting ready for bed, so hopefully that means my potassium is coming back up. 4 days practically in bed all day=no fun. Granddaughter came to visit and set up all her dolls on my nightstand,so we could play. Gotta love her for being creative. Lol

Hopefully your sugars are just out of whack because you’re ill. I could always tell on my meter that I was getting sick before I even had any symptoms. And what a sweet granddaughter!

Back in the ER with right abdominal pain. I can't catch a break. Waiting on a ct scan.

Oh no! I am thinking positive thoughts for you . I truly hope this is you last setback.

On 03/18/2019 at 15:41, gabybab said:

Back in the ER with right abdominal pain. I can't catch a break. Waiting on a ct scan.

I absolutely hate that you’re there again but I DO hope they are going to get you some answers and relief 🤞🏻

Dr says they've contacted my Surgeon. They saw a possible perforation in my chest cavity. I've had pain with some liquids and food. Doing an upper Gi soon. I'm scared of having surgery again.

Well crap! Sorry to hear this and please keep us posted.
I’ll be thinking about you tonite gabybab

So sorry you are going through so much!!!! Hang in there! Hopefully you will get things straightened out and feel better soon.

Oh my oh my Gabybab you have had a rough start to things but I believe you still can succeed because you are tougher than,anyone else could guess. Keep strong, keep committed and you will,be as successful as anyone else.

Oh no,so sorry. You poor thing. I am sure they will get ya up and running,just a downer with all these complications. Remember in the end you are on the loser bench with the rest of us. We are rooting for you!

Dang! So sorry to hear this! Hope the figure it out and you heal quickly!!

So, I got home at 10 PM last night. It was a long day! They thought I had a leak. 1 cat scan, upper Gi and back to the cat scan and he says I'm ok. He said he's never seen air bubbles at 3 weeks post op.

I must have a virus. I was so weak and ran a fever for 3 days. I seen to feel a little better, but still weak. I'm going to try and get more food in today. I'm at 40 lbs lost and I've not had a lot of nutrition. I ate some fruit, first time since surgery and going to eat eggs in a bit.

Thanks for all your concerns! I love this site! You ALL are amazing!!😘😘

On 03/19/2019 at 11:54, gabybab said:

So, I got home at 10 PM last night. It was a long day! They thought I had a leak. 1 cat scan, upper Gi and back to the cat scan and he says I'm ok. He said he's never seen air bubbles at 3 weeks post op.

I must have a virus. I was so weak and ran a fever for 3 days. I seen to feel a little better, but still weak. I'm going to try and get more food in today. I'm at 40 lbs lost and I've not had a lot of nutrition. I ate some fruit, first time since surgery and going to eat eggs in a bit.

I’m so sorry about the virus but so glad it wasn’t something more serious. So you DID have air bubbles this far out?

5 minutes ago, DanaC84 said:
1 hour ago, gabybab said:

I’m so sorry about the virus but so glad it wasn’t something more serious. So you DID have air bubbles this far out?

Yes. He said there was 3 small air bubbles. Weird thing is I've had the shoulder and back pain this past week. Had it after surgery 1 day and not again till this last week. This radiologist was so caring. He said I'm going to make sure this means nothing. They had me so freaked out, but he assured me. I have a follow up with my surgeon on Friday. I'm so ready to feel better. Thanks for caring!

25 minutes ago, gabybab said:

Yes. He said there was 3 small air bubbles. Weird thing is I've had the shoulder and back pain this past week. Had it after surgery 1 day and not again till this last week. This radiologist was so caring. He said I'm going to make sure this means nothing. They had me so freaked out, but he assured me. I have a follow up with my surgeon on Friday. I'm so ready to feel better. Thanks for caring!

Wow!! This had to have been so freaking scary! Shoulder/chest pain and a fever?! Of course you must’ve been thinking leak. Who wouldn’t?! I hope those 3 find their way out as quickly as possible!