Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had gastric sleeve done at noon on Monday. The surgery itself went fine, but recovery has been god awful. I can barely stand without having horrible pain and I am lightheaded most of the time. I have been able to burp, but no farts. I have to be oxygen a lot as well. Can anyone out there relate to a slow healer?? I feel so discouraged.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Once that gas starts moving out the tail pipe, you will start feeling much better.

5 hours ago, angie_is_losing_it said:

I had gastric sleeve done at noon on Monday. The surgery itself went fine, but recovery has been god awful. I can barely stand without having horrible pain and I am lightheaded most of the time. I have been able to burp, but no farts. I have to be oxygen a lot as well. Can anyone out there relate to a slow healer?? I feel so discouraged.

Congrats on your surgery,

The St Luke’s team in Idaho are amazing. The pain is temporary, and your results will be amazing. It's ok to be a slow healer.

Try not to be discouraged, as you will definitely get better in the coming days! The gas pains tend to be the worst, at least they were for me, and I was also light-headed as well. That could possibly be from the lack of food or drink depending on what you've been allowed to consume. Just give it some time and take it slow, one day at a time! [emoji170]

Sent from my H60-L04 using BariatricPal mobile app

Sorry you're having some troubles so soon after surgery. Hang in there, it gets better. Slow is better than nothing.

It’s been 3 days so I wouldn’t say you’re a slow healer (at least not yet). The first few days were a bear for me as well. Take the pain meds if they gave them to you and just take it slow. You should be able to stand more upright by the weekend but may still feel pulling and twinges for a few more weeks. And I also didn’t get the massive relief of passing a lot of gas either so my first few weeks I didn’t see much movement on the scale. Hang in there and just keep telling yourself it will all be worth it a year from now 👍🏻

I felt really terrible at your stage. I stayed on top of my pain meds and it made things a little easier.

I had VSG on Tuesday. I have an amazing "surgery twin" whom I met in our pre-op class and with whom I exchanged information. It has been really great to have someone who knows EXACTLY how I feel, same doctor and everything. Is there something like that where you are?

If not, just know you aren't alone. Even with us having the same procedure and same doc, we are healing and progressing at different rates...just like real twins. Everyone is different.

So little update.. had to go to emergency room. Inscision pain was unbearable. They prescribed different medicine and more often. I was pretty scared there for awhile. I understand this was surgery, but I was absolutely fooling myself that it wouldn't be hard. I know lots of people here have these great stories about how effortless it all was, but in my case, that couldn't be farther from the truth.

On 03/15/2019 at 18:25, angie_is_losing_it said:

So little update.. had to go to emergency room. Inscision pain was unbearable. They prescribed different medicine and more often. I was pretty scared there for awhile. I understand this was surgery, but I was absolutely fooling myself that it wouldn't be hard. I know lots of people here have these great stories about how effortless it all was, but in my case, that couldn't be farther from the truth.

I’m so sorry you ended up in the ER but I hope the new meds bring you some relief.

Oh girl! I've had my sleeve last Wednesday so I am 9 days post op. The first couple days were awful and I blamed it on being constipated. I literally went 8 days without a [emoji90]. It was awful. I hurt, it was bloated, I felt sick. I took everything and finally had a BM. Felt almost completely better after that. Now I keep having stabbing crushing pain in my right upper quadrant of my abdomen and the surgeon is working me up for possible gallbladder. Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using BariatricPal mobile app