Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2019 sleevers

Why are u having issues with Protein Shakes?
maybe it’s the kind, I had to try like 4 kinds, I couldn’t use ones with the fake sugar in it. I attached the one I use.
how much longer till surgery cause I’m worried if you having issues now, you’ll be even worse after with Naseau.
I had and still have at times Naseau issues post op.
post op about 3 weeks in, i wails have issues if needed to eat, I would be Nauseous. I learned I needed to eat. The worst was the morning. Going 10 hours or so with no food, waking up, a normal person would have food digesting but with sleeve, we have nothing in there but gastric juices. So I woke up and have a few crackers, mornings still stink, but better as time went on,
get a hold of this before you have the surgery
good luck
6E2B1067-DA67-4761-949A-59C23C4FBC99.thumb.png.4a5f9aac5ac4135c42619eb9c5d4a303.png
Interesting, Purple girl. I'm 6 days post-OP and I too feel wretched in the morning. Not too bad, but enough that I'm stockpiling Water and shakes bedside so I can have something before getting up.

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

It's almost certainly the shakes, but my doctor doesn't allow substitutions, in general.

I'm only allowed to use HPMR Bariatric Advantage shakes.

They're awful. I hold my nose and do my best to get them down, but it's not working that great.

I'm going to call them first thing in the morning and see if they can help me!

Good luck! Hopefully you two can come to a compromise.

Sent from my SM-G970U using BariatricPal mobile app

It’s the ingredients.

i had issues with the chewable vitamins, made me nauseous because it gets the the stomach so quickly in its real form opposed to a dissolve that dissolves in stomach and intestine

its seems the shake is hitting your stomach too quick.

ive been told that the multi Vitamin is harsh on the stomach and you need to have food in your stomach, that’s why I went off chewable after 6 weeks.

good luck

I had trouble with whey, so I'm using vegetarian Protein Powder. The Protein Drinks I was told we could use any on the list of many. I've settled on Ensure Max chocolate on ice. The dietician said they were fine. You can get them anywhere, just make sure you're getting the Max. https://ensure.com/nutrition-products/ensure-max-protein-shake?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6IfoBRCiARIsAF6q06sWeqF38nSfacVf6ZDNpsbQZyfXiuKMN5XhV1ekdFEED73WJqGgQrMaAvfeEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

On 6/11/2019 at 7:13 PM, Blair P. said:

@justmetj yay! I love MA:) hope you can visit often!

@NoMoore - we're sleeve twins! One week from today - nervous and excited. How's the pre-op stuff going?

Good luck tomorrow!

We got our approvals! But looks like we may not be moving up to June as we’d hoped as there aren’t any dates with two slots available. They are looking into some things but looks like we will be staying with July 9th unless a miracle happens. Either way we are still thrilled to be approved!

I am so very excited for you. I have my one last mandatory dietician appointment tomorrow. All we talked about the last time was our years as military wives. I had the band for 10 years and pretty much understand the diet. Then I have to wait for approval, having said that I've done everything they said I have to do. I just want to get this all underway!! Good luck with your journey!

Hi, Im having surgery June 27th. I am so excited to have the surgery but I admit this 3 week liver shrink diet is killing me. I have cheated a couple times but Im committed to finishing strong. One more week to go!

Mark Axhorn here. 43 yr old male weighing 351 the day of surgery. Well had it done on june 18th. Dr said that’s was textbook. I woke up in a lot of pain in the middle of my chest and extremely high blood pressure I’m guessing from the pain. I was released from the hospital yesterday but am still in a decent amount of pain. Not really hungry. Pain seems to be less around the incisions and more internal. How you guys doing?

23 minutes ago, Axxx said:

Mark Axhorn here. 43 yr old male weighing 351 the day of surgery. Well had it done on june 18th. Dr said that’s was textbook. I woke up in a lot of pain in the middle of my chest and extremely high blood pressure I’m guessing from the pain. I was released from the hospital yesterday but am still in a decent amount of pain. Not really hungry. Pain seems to be less around the incisions and more internal. How you guys doing?

Get up and walk around it is the gas that they put in to move stuff out of the way. Until you pass the gas it will continue to hurt and moving is the only thing that gets it moving. Keep up the Protein too. Sip it all day little swallows walk, little swallows. Good luck each day will get better.

45 minutes ago, Axxx said:

i am almost similar to you but 10 days out i still feel stomach pain i can't stand the foods i am eating uh ....