Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scars Are Fading Nicely

I've been using Bio-Oil on my surgical incisions ever since they healed at 3 weeks and now at 90-days post-op they're really starting to fade nicely. They're a dull pink and the top one is almost invisible as well as the two smaller lowest ones, with the two in the middle, the largest ones, still the most visible. I believe that they'll be gone within another six months.

How are your incision scars doing? Are you using anything on them? How long did it take for them to fade away completely?

I was very lucky that I got my doctor to do a single incision sleeve. My doctor did it through my belly button. She did have to make two other little incisions because I was too tall. My doctor told me I wouldn't need to use anything, but I did have faint scars so I am using Mederma. It was inexpensive and seems to be slowly fading them.Mederma

I used to work at a doctors office in the 90's and at that time we recommended Vitamin E oil applied directly on the scars. It really worked wonders to reduce the appearance of scars. I tried it while my scars were still healing and it caused an incredible itch so I stopped. I am at 46 days out and your post remind me to try it again now. If it still itches, then it might be too strong for the skin on my abdomen. The capsules are 640mg per soft gel. If it does I'll try the Bio-oil. reading the ingredients it looks like a great product. Thanks for the idea and reminder. 😀

6 minutes ago, JessLess said:

I was very lucky that I got my doctor to do a single incision sleeve. My doctor did it through my belly button. She did have to make two other little incisions because I was too tall. My doctor told me I wouldn't need to use anything, but I did have faint scars so I am using Mederma. It was inexpensive and seems to be slowly fading them.Mederma

If your scars are only on the belly button you can always get a belly button piercing to cover them up. 😁 I used to think that if I ever lost a lot of weight I would get one because I do think they are sexy. But at 54 yrs old I'm thinking I'll be better served investing in a GG Gucci belt 😂🤣 which is my reward when I reach goal weight since they are pretty expensive. But it has always been a dream because my own initials are GG.

2 hours ago, CaribeRidge said:

If your scars are only on the belly button you can always get a belly button piercing to cover them up. 😁 I used to think that if I ever lost a lot of weight I would get one because I do think they are sexy. But at 54 yrs old I'm thinking I'll be better served investing in a GG Gucci belt 😂🤣 which is my reward when I reach goal weight since they are pretty expensive. But it has always been a dream because my own initials are GG.

I'm 49 and not looking to invite more attention to that part of my body at this time. I have enough cellulite to put the sun out of business. ;)

I need to start back with the bio oil. mine are very dark purple still. one did not heal well at all

I was sleeved 4-ish years ago. You'd only see my scars if you were hunting for them. Even *I* have lost track of them except for 2. You'll get there!

On 03/09/2019 at 10:18, CaribeRidge said:

My goal reward is also a Gucci belt!

On 3/9/2019 at 10:18 AM, CaribeRidge said:

Oh my gosh! That is almost the exact same goal I have. I have been waiting for years to buy a Hermès belt. I have wanting one for so long and just refused to buy some big large size because frankly I didn’t want to draw attention to my midsection anyway. But when I get to my goal weight or close to it I will be buying one!

And I may be right behind you in the Belt queue, I have always figured that a belt would look like a rope around a sack of grain, so steered clear of them, but at goal I think shall be able to do it with firm resolve.

I want to wear my Silver belt buckle that I earned in College on the Horse judging team. Doesn't look good with a muffintop.