Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got my date...for next week!

I am feeling super overwhelmed right now. I am a teacher, and I thought I'd have my surgery in January. But, no word on my application. We had a strike. I slipped and fell down a staircase. Strike ended. Went back to work. January ended. Found out my paperwork went missing. February came and went. Then, this Wednesday, my approval letter came. Thursday, at the end of the day, the surgeon's office called and said it was next week or May...I went for the 15th for lots of reasons, but now I'm freaking out. I am missing tons of work, very suddenly. I think I made the wrong call, but I can't take off in May because that's when the state test is administered, and subs can't proctor the exam. I feel... guilty? for leaving my students for a week and a half. I feel anxious? about getting all my lessons for the sub ready in time. Plus all the other worries.

I guess there's not a point to this post, other than me being really worried I won't get everything I need done sorted in time. Fasting, multiple appointments all over town, working, parenting...arrrrrgh!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using BariatricPal mobile app

Okay. Take a deep breath with me and slooooooowly let it out.
Repeat.
Repeat.

Okay, so remind yourself why you are here and think of all the hard work it took to get here.
This is YOUR time. Take it for yourself and let the rest of it sort itself out.
This is the only time you will go through this so embrace the process— even the parts that kind of suck and you wish you could hurry through.
I’m barely a month out and even though I really wish I could hit the fast-forward-to-skinny button, that would be doing myself a horrible misservice by skipping all the hard work and all the ups and downs I’m gonna have.

Don’t sweat the small stuff and embrace the fact that your “new normal” is about to begin!

I agree with sheribear. This is YOUR time and you have to do what's right for you but on a side note if doing it June would bring you less stress then maybe that's also a consideration? For me and maybe you feel this way as well...I didn't want to wait to start my new life. I do think that once other teachers see the newer happier healthier you they will be nothing but happy for you. Also on a selfish note I've been looking for a surgery twin and you'd be the closest lol! I'm the day before you! I really hope you get a little piece of mind through all of this soon so that you can enjoy what you have earned. [emoji173]

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using BariatricPal mobile app

For this issue it should be all about YOU. This is YOUR time to improve your health and your life and school can wait. You'll be okay, hang in there and good luck.

I agree with sheribear. This is YOUR time and you have to do what's right for you but on a side note if doing it June would bring you less stress then maybe that's also a consideration?

Also on a selfish note I've been looking for a surgery twin and you'd be the closest lol! I'm the day before you!

I could have waited till we got out mid/late June, but part if me is like, I've been on hold since December...enough is enough! And I'm also like, These are my benefits, I don't get vacation pay, this is my life, I'm not wasting a chunk of my only break to recover! (Which, again childish/guilt inducing/**how I should feel!! I'm working on it**)...idk. They gave me that date, and part if me was just, If I don't take this, something will happen, and it will never get done.

Then 5 mins went by, and my aggro OCD kicked in, and panic ensued It will get to be okay. My Type A spirit beast has already started making lists, which is very calming.

I'm so excited to have an almost surgery twin!!

On 03/09/2019 at 09:33, Sigi42 said:

I could have waited till we got out mid/late June, but part if me is like, I've been on hold since December...enough is enough! And I'm also like, These are my benefits, I don't get vacation pay, this is my life, I'm not wasting a chunk of my only break to recover! (Which, again childish/guilt inducing/**how I should feel!! I'm working on it**)...idk. They gave me that date, and part if me was just, If I don't take this, something will happen, and it will never get done.

Then 5 mins went by, and my aggro OCD kicked in, and panic ensued It will get to be okay. My Type A spirit beast has already started making lists, which is very calming.

I am SO GLAD to hear that you’re taking the March date!!!

You deserve this and leave that guilt at the door.

Heck, I’m a retail pharmacist and I took off beginning of February right when flu season was starting. Which basically meant leaving my partners with floater help during the MOST stressful and busy time of the year.
It’s okay..... everything will still be there when you return at the beginning of April and nobody is gonna die while you’re gone.

Then 5 mins went by, and my aggro OCD kicked in, and panic ensued [emoji23] It will get to be okay. My Type A spirit beast has already started making lists, which is very calming.

Me too!!!!!

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm a teacher too, so I totally understand the hesitation to take off during the year. You have to do what's best for you though! Your students deserve a teacher who's healthy and happy. I just started the process in February, so I was planning on surgery in June, but I decided if I end up being able to get in sooner, I will. I need it for me. Good luck!