Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nutribullet vs Ninja

Does anyone have a preference as to which one to use for the liquids/puree portion of the post op diet. I have been researching like crazy, but can't make up my mind.

Thanks in advance for any help/opinions/experiences.... 😊

Good question. I may be cheap or old-fashioned but I just used a regular blender.

I didn't actually use my blender to puree anything except chicken salad one time and meh- i could have lived w/out that. I just ate a lot of yogurt, cottage cheese, ricotta bake, things like that. If you are not on your puree stage a long time, I wouldn't buy anything if you don't think you will use it in the future. That being said, I have the ninja, it has a few different attachments and I use it sometimes for shakes...but not much else.

9 minutes ago, esskay77 said:

Good question. I may be cheap or old-fashioned but I just used a regular blender.

I'm feeling rather cheap right now... I'm not sure how much I would use it.

6 minutes ago, CurvyMom said:

I didn't actually use my blender to puree anything except chicken salad one time and meh- i could have lived w/out that. I just ate a lot of yogurt, cottage cheese, ricotta bake, things like that. If you are not on your puree stage a long time, I wouldn't buy anything if you don't think you will use it in the future. That being said, I have the ninja, it has a few different attachments and I use it sometimes for shakes...but not much else.

Thanks for the input. I was thinking that I would use it for smoothies and shakes too. Other than that, not sure how much I would use it.

Just now, TxStar09 said:

Thanks for the input. I was thinking that I would use it for smoothies and shakes too. Other than that, not sure how much I would use it.

I drink mostly premade shakes when I drink them and I don't make smoothies much but it works for that. I think I'd get the smallest most economical one if I was buying another one. It's a space waster for me LOL but some people use theirs daily and then you need a good one.

I bought a Farberware $19 at Wal-Mart, shoot I thought , it looks like the "Big Guys" maybe just a less powerful motor. First 2-3 times it preformed adequate, fine I thought , things are gonna be fine, then I decided to try making a blueberry smoothie, darn thing locked up tighter than a prison door. When a mess I got, and trying to free the container, shake container did loosen although the power blades did not and there I was in Lake Purple Pain. Spend a little more, get something a little better, might have worked to blend Water and powders but failed me when I need it most. Now I own a Nutriblast, gonna go make me a "Good for you" smoothie, and I have faith in this one to work. Even if my Previous Pouch isn't very big I'm going to try it! May the Power be with me!

I have the nutribullet and I like it very much for my smoothies. I've been using it for 2 years now with no problem. It was actually an upgrade to a faster speed from another one I had. I had a Ninja blender and did not like it.

I didn't end up using one for anything.

Agree with you @GradyCat some people may not use it for anything. I think if you already owned one of these things it's a plus. I love smoothies and make them a lot. Otherwise I'd have to spend $10-$12.00 a day on smoothies and the prices are even higher when you start to add Protein to the shake. I find a lot of the smoothies places in the NYC add orange juice/apple juice for the base liquid while, I add Water and plain yogurt and sometimes almond butter. The fruits are already sweet on their own.

Edited by SusieQ2019

Well mine just did fine, almond milk and fruits that have not given me fits in the past, no melon, no banana, they both make me puke. I am heartened to do this again, in the meantime since it wasn't as runny as I thought, next time add liquid clear up to the Max Line, shorted it a smidgen I'll eat it is like (non) dairy freeze custard, oh and I added a scoo0 of Protein Powder, by hand I have trouble mixing it smooth, but it's smooth and hidden here. I think I will be brave to do it again and may try one of the Green smoothies Fluffy Chix and the others talk about, think I would enjoy a little avocado et al.

I bought the nutri ninja 1000 watt. That thing would grind masonry, I think. I bought it because my whole family drinks smoothies, but going into this I didn't like the $20 Oster smoothie maker we had because things like pineapple and other fibrous fruits had an awful texture. Enter the Nutri Ninja and it will turn anything into smooth liquid. Only issue is the price point, it's like $75 on Amazon and $100 at Kohls before coupons.

4 minutes ago, Jobber said:

I bought the nutri ninja 1000 watt. That thing would grind masonry, I think. I bought it because my whole family drinks smoothies, but going into this I didn't like the $20 Oster smoothie maker we had because things like pineapple and other fibrous fruits had an awful texture. Enter the Nutri Ninja and it will turn anything into smooth liquid. Only issue is the price point, it's like $75 on Amazon and $100 at Kohls before coupons.

Thank you! I appreciate the input!

And my notorious Pouch🍚 is named Precious, because I fought for over 3 years to obtain her. There are days when i wish I had a zipper, so I could pull her out, spank her for all the ornery.digestive tricks she wants to pull but i realize we are now life- companions, trying very hard to make my peace. 6 months and she still hopes I'll surrender and let her always have HER Way.
But life, especially bariatric life, is a constant learning experience so best to go with the flow as time goes by!

I think they're both the same really mid range blenders. You can pay $20 or you can pay $2000 it really depends on your budget!

But I can't believe people buying pre-made Protein Drinks at like $3-$5 a drink when you can buy 2lbs of powder from $30+ and make your own shakes!