Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Friends.

I had RNY surgery in December of 2015. I am really bummed. On Monday, I got reestablished with a bariatric office and nutritionist. When I started my weight loss journey I was 298. My lowest was 202. I've been under a lot of stress this past year and slowly gained weight. I am at 223. When I expressed my concern with the office and told them what my goal weight was and always has been. I was told that I would never be able to get to that weight. I just need the support and encouragement from someone. I would love to get to 170. I do not think 170 is unrealistic at all. Am I wrong?

any tips would be greatly appreciated and accepted.

Thanks,

Ellen

1 hour ago, Koosiekoos said:

I was told that I would never be able to get to that weight. I just need the support and encouragement from someone. I would love to get to 170. I do not think 170 is unrealistic at all. Am I wrong?

This would put you at a BMI of 25. I don't think this is unrealistic. It might not be very likely considering the statistics but I don't think it's impossible.

1 hour ago, Koosiekoos said:

Hi Friends.

I had RNY surgery in December of 2015. I am really bummed. On Monday, I got reestablished with a bariatric office and nutritionist. When I started my weight loss journey I was 298. My lowest was 202. I've been under a lot of stress this past year and slowly gained weight. I am at 223. When I expressed my concern with the office and told them what my goal weight was and always has been. I was told that I would never be able to get to that weight. I just need the support and encouragement from someone. I would love to get to 170. I do not think 170 is unrealistic at all. Am I wrong?

Thanks,

Ellen

Hi Ellen,

Your goals and decisions our yours. I’m not going to say what you can or can’t do with your weight. You are not alone, Weight gains can bring you down. It’s easier to work off a 20-pound gain than a 40, 60, 80-pound gain.

You may want to start with a five pound loss as a goal. Think of this as being healthy Vs being 170. No one can predict how much you can or can’t lose

@GreenTealael mention joining a weight loss challenge.(click on her link) It’s a great place to start and get support.

Best of luck to you.

What is the reason for not being able to get down to your goal weight, in the opinion of your nutritionist? Is she saying it's physically impossible? If so, why?

16 hours ago, Koosiekoos said:

Hi Friends.

Thanks,

Ellen

You've done great so far. Weight gain is a sign that we have fallen off track and leaning back on food for comfort. My highest weight was 278 but my surgery wait was 237. I've only lost 50 lbs with my RNY tool. I messed around and gained 10 lbs back after a year and a half but I'm still determined to lose these last 35 - 40 lbs. Right now I'm working towards intermittent fasting and working to implement Keto. It's probably easier for me than others because I've developed so many food allergies throughout the years that I can't eat a lot of foods anyway. I continue to go to Weight Watcher meetings because I still need the support of people who still struggling with their weight loss journey and I need the accountability. I've lost 5 lbs so far. I've tried going to a bariatric group held by my clinic but people were afraid to be honest in front of the nutritionist and counselor. A few weeks ago I showed some before picks I took to someone and they asked my what made me take pictures facing forward and sideways. My response was "I always knew that I would lose this weight by any means necessary". Don't let others defeat your goals because they matter to you.

Be well.

On 3/6/2019 at 4:30 PM, Healthy_life2 said:

Hi Ellen,

Your goals and decisions our yours. I’m not going to say what you can or can’t do with your weight. You are not alone, Weight gains can bring you down. It’s easier to work off a 20-pound gain than a 40, 60, 80-pound gain.

You may want to start with a five pound loss as a goal. Think of this as being healthy Vs being 170. No one can predict how much you can or can’t lose

@GreenTealael mention joining a weight loss challenge.(click on her link) It’s a great place to start and get support.

Best of luck to you.

That is what I did this week. After typing my true feelings out. I set some small victories to look forward to. I have a 5 lb weight loss goal and so on. Thank you for the encouragement!

On 3/7/2019 at 8:02 AM, tihaitien said:

You've done great so far. Weight gain is a sign that we have fallen off track and leaning back on food for comfort. My highest weight was 278 but my surgery wait was 237. I've only lost 50 lbs with my RNY tool. I messed around and gained 10 lbs back after a year and a half but I'm still determined to lose these last 35 - 40 lbs. Right now I'm working towards intermittent fasting and working to implement Keto. It's probably easier for me than others because I've developed so many food allergies throughout the years that I can't eat a lot of foods anyway. I continue to go to Weight Watcher meetings because I still need the support of people who still struggling with their weight loss journey and I need the accountability. I've lost 5 lbs so far. I've tried going to a bariatric group held by my clinic but people were afraid to be honest in front of the nutritionist and counselor. A few weeks ago I showed some before picks I took to someone and they asked my what made me take pictures facing forward and sideways. My response was "I always knew that I would lose this weight by any means necessary". Don't let others defeat your goals because they matter to you.

Be well.

You can do it too! I think I just needed to talk out my frustrations. Im feeling better about it today. My surgeon had to relocate. I think that was also a realization that I had to face. He was great at encouraging us to try to reach our goal, but also become more active.

On 3/6/2019 at 4:57 PM, froufrou said:

What is the reason for not being able to get down to your goal weight, in the opinion of your nutritionist? Is she saying it's physically impossible? If so, why?

When I first had surgery, my goal weight was 168. That was decided by the surgeon and the nutritionist. We have a whole new crew at the office now. The physician that I saw said that "sometimes bodies have a comfort zone. My body may be happy at 200." Don't get me wrong. I liked being around the 200 mark. I just think I could do better. At 200, I was a size 10 jean. I started in 24. I just feel like with there advice, I am settling and this is the new norm.

34 minutes ago, Koosiekoos said:

That is what I did this week. After typing my true feelings out. I set some small victories to look forward to. I have a 5 lb weight loss goal and so on. Thank you for the encouragement!

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑