Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can we talk about food aversion

On 3/6/2019 at 5:34 AM, newmebithebypass said:

6 months out and nothing sounds appealing. even stuff I normally- crave love just eww nope

@newmebithebypass

hey bud

i never had that issue. I wish i had to a small point. It would be easier to avoid/not want certain foods.

(cheese cake, key lime, pecan pic - can you tell i have a sweet tooth!) gotta stop with these examples,

mouth is drooling)

guess when YOU are experiencing the prob - its no "fun", having no desire to eat

foods you used to love (still wouldn't mind having that prob a little bit!)

i know your weight loss is going well

you are still "young" in being PO 6 months - hopefully this issue will turn around sooner than later

keep up the great work

good luck

kathy

hey bud, you joined BP 3 years ago, you used to write many good, informative, helpful post - pre-op , now you only

peak in/write once in awhile - i miss you, losing weight, seeing "less and less of you" - please come around more often, would

love to see your cute☺️ little face more often - kathy

On 3/6/2019 at 12:46 PM, GettinSkinnywithit said:

it comes and goes for me. I will get all psyched up for a food, have two bites and feel sick to my stomach. Eating something salty seems to make it go away, so two triscuits is my quick reset.

I too have found salt helps. Weird, but neat!

I feel the same way. Not complete aversion but when it comes to eating at this point for me it is all about the macros.

I only three weeks out but I really haven't craved anything and during my group session I found it hard to relate to most of my post op peers...who had ton of cravings and still really enjoy food.

I do still love to cook but I have been cooking forever and used to work in restaurants. Now I just cook for my family and eat what I need to eat.

Add me to this sorority, made Tomkitten Baked Fish, parsleyied potatos, and a tossed salad. I had a bowl of my homemade cream Soup with GENEPRO stirred in. Yeah in theory I could have had a little bit of the Fish, it was Cod, but I don't want to. Seems like every time I try to add a little something, even well-chewed, Precious Pouch leads her own rebellion. So why argue and end up wearing it?

I hate to be cranky at this stage of the game, but the few times I actually crave or think "Gee,that would taste so good!" 2 bites in it. either it is a cruel disappointment or it out and out makes me puke. And tell me what the answer is at this point? I need some "outside- me "clarity.*TY* P.S. I am 7 months out and still have THIS PROBLEM [emoji24][emoji25][emoji26][emoji97]
Just eat what you're craving in small bites but make it at home and substitute the unhealthy parts of the fast food for healthy choices. That's how you can keep busy and stop thinking of food all the time and you also learn how to make healthier choices and cook proper meals for yourself without the fast food versions.[emoji847]

Sent from my SM-J337P using BariatricPal mobile app

I WISH I had an aversion! lol so far nothing is off limits in small portion of course.

I WISH I had an aversion! lol so far nothing is off limits in small portion of course.
Yeah I go through spurts where anything goes but it usually makes me nauseous eventually and my cravings soon go away. If I stick to the menu they gave me from the get go I always feel full and I dont get cravings for junk food or fast food.

I'm so glad this topic came up. I am 3 months out and it seems like whenever I eat solids - like meat or even a quiche, I get nauseous and start having pain. smoothies and Protein Drinks are fine, but it seems like I've gone backwards. I was eating pretty well a month ago, and now everything just hurts or makes me feel miserable enough to just go back on liquids. I try to eat slowly and really chew everything to mush, but maybe it is still just too much food. It's very frustrating, because I can eat 3 bits just fine. I feel great and then I eat the next 3 bites and it's disaster. So I guess I just need to stick with 3 bites and keep the Protein supplements going. It makes me want to avoid solids altogether. At this rate, it doesn't seem like I will ever be able to get enough protein from food sources alone. Cottage cheese and yoghurt are my life savers right now. Does this get better?

I'm so glad this topic came up. I am 3 months out and it seems like whenever I eat solids - like meat or even a quiche, I get nauseous and start having pain. smoothies and Protein Drinks are fine, but it seems like I've gone backwards. I was eating pretty well a month ago, and now everything just hurts or makes me feel miserable enough to just go back on liquids. I try to eat slowly and really chew everything to mush, but maybe it is still just too much food. It's very frustrating, because I can eat 3 bits just fine. I feel great and then I eat the next 3 bites and it's disaster. So I guess I just need to stick with 3 bites and keep the Protein supplements going. It makes me want to avoid solids altogether. At this rate, it doesn't seem like I will ever be able to get enough Protein from food sources alone. Cottage cheese and yoghurt are my life savers right now. Does this get better?
Cottage cheese and peaches and greek yogurt are my rescue foods also. There are days when I eat food, but there are days that every time I think about food I get nauseous. Dont be afraid to stay on a lighter diet when this happens. Sometimes you have to go back to lighter diet and slowly add things back to your diet. I'm on my 3rd year after having the sleeve and I've learned to pay attention to my stomach more.
I was 238, surgery at 209,
The smallest I got was 142, I gained back about 25 pounds but when I'm strict with my snacking I can now easily lose weight like when I was 40 but I'm 57 and the sleeve is a good surgery but I have to revise to bypass surgery due to acid reflux.

Enjoy it as long as it lasts. I'm 5.5 years post-VSG, and I wish I had no taste for food. I'm still down 70 pounds, but I've gained ~20+. I'm in the battle. So, enjoy your lack of food appeal. Send it my way, please 😇

I’m 1 Year out I eat 5 very small Meals a Day not more than 4to 6 oz still losing a Pound a Week -85 .Have never thrown up because I don’t push that button ever .