Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can we talk about food aversion

Ok y'all so I'm 6 months out and nothing remotely sounds appealing. Like even stuff I normally crave and love just ewwww nope. Like the most that even sounds ok right now is apple sauce and really anything soft. Nothing too dense. Help me y'all what is this nonsense

Sent from my moto e5 play using BariatricPal mobile app

Same here at 3 months out. food just doesn't to it for me, which is a blessing to keep me from eating it. I don't have the Gherelin hunger trigger anymore and I'm still working on emotional or boredom eating, but even it's barely there now, so food just isn't a big deal.

I'm 2 years out in June 2019 and I still have food aversions especially in restaurants. I pretty much avoid restaurants. I just enjoy cooking at home more.

Sent from my SM-J337P using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, newmebithebypass said:

Ok y'all so I'm 6 months out and nothing remotely sounds appealing. Like even stuff I normally crave and love just ewwww nope. Like the most that even sounds ok right now is apple sauce and really anything soft. Nothing too dense. Help me y'all what is this nonsense

Sent from my moto e5 play using BariatricPal mobile app

It can totally happen. Either you embrace it and eat what you can while making sure your nutrition is on point or keep trying new things.

It nearly happened to me early on but my NUT put me on a rotation diet plan, thank the Creator.

I've tried almost everything I plan to eat now but I still favor some pretty basic things * cough, yogurt * and I'm ok with that path. It works for me.

it comes and goes for me. I will get all psyched up for a food, have two bites and feel sick to my stomach. Eating something salty seems to make it go away, so two triscuits is my quick reset.

Yes! So many of my favorites I am just not interested in. I loved pizza and now it grosses me out. Just so heavy. And I am super focused on texture instead of taste. And totally not interested in sweets. I got my daughter donuts for her graduation and I took one bite and it was so gross. I would have gone nuts for a warm Krispy Kreme in the old days. I crave bitter and sour. I drink plain 100% cranberry juice very diluted of course for an infection right now and I like it. I add lemon juice to my Water for kidney stone prevention and I don't add any sweetener. A lot of things just taste like mush now. I so loved crackers and dry toast and now I don't want them at all. In fact I don't really want anything so it is difficult to meal plan and shop for the rest of my family. I'm happy about it though and i hope this aversion stays because i totally would have had Death by Toast and Crackers on my headstone if not for surgery.

I must be broken. I had RNYGB one week ago and I'm craving Chick-fil-a, LOL. I'm hoping it is the severe calorie deficit that is causing cravings and that it will fade once I can tolerate reasonable calories and nutrients.

I am 6 weeks out and anything with mayo (chicken salad, egg salad) completely grosses me out. I’m so sad! I love mayo!

Not only am I disinterested in foods I used to enjoy, the smell of many foods make me nauseous.

Embrace! Embrace! Embrace! Capitalize on your honeymoon period. Let the weight fall off you by the barrel full!!!!

Eat only for fuel! Do what you need. Keep is simple and find new pursuits and new ways to get excitement and pleasure. This is a blessed once in a lifetime opportunity. You will likely NEVER feel this way again due to your WLS.

Edited by FluffyChix

I must be broken. I had RNYGB one week ago and I'm craving Chick-fil-a, LOL. I'm hoping it is the severe calorie deficit that is causing cravings and that it will fade once I can tolerate reasonable calories and nutrients.
You might crave it, but that craving could change the minute you bite into it. Your cravings for food is going to be so different you wont recognize yourself.

Sent from my SM-J337P using BariatricPal mobile app

I hate to be cranky at this stage of the game, but the few times I actually crave or think "Gee,that would taste so good!" 2 bites in it. either it is a cruel disappointment or it out and out makes me puke. And tell me what the answer is at this point? I need some "outside- me "clarity.*TY* P.S. I am 7 months out and still have THIS PROBLEM 😭😪😥💦