Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV's Spring 2019 Edition

Figured I'd start another NSV thread as the other one was started in 2017 and had 69 pages!

We all need a place to toot our proverbial horns and get our backs patted for it :)

Toot away!

When I started my journey, I was in size 32 pants, now I'm in size 18. It feels amazing to be able to buy pants anywhere!

I was shaving myself in the shower and I saw parts of my body that I haven't seen since I was a kid! 🤣

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Ok, sorry this will be a little long...I began this journey back in January of 2016. Started the process and completed my required (by insurance) 6 month weightloss plan and then went for my pre-op physicals. During this process (1 week before my scheduled surgery) my surgeon found that i was anemic and was concerned.(HE SAVED MY LIFE RIGHT HERE...THE FIRST TIME) He pulled some strings and got me in for an endoscopy and colonoscopy the day before my scheduled surgery date because, as he said, "I need to know what i'm dealing with when i go in there." During the colonoscopy they found that I had stage 3 colon cancer. My surgery the next day went from a GSV to a colonectomy. He also took out my gall bladder (as the preop tests found I had gall-stones) and took out my appendix. So, 3 months of open wound treatment (because of an infection at the surgery site), and 6 months of chemotherapy later, i was able to take a deep breath. I had lost 30 pounds during all of this, but then sadly watched as the scale crept back up to my previous weight. So, in August of last year I decided I was ready to continue down the road toward the GSV surgery. Unfortunately, my employer switched insurance companies so my approval had to start back at square one. I have now completed the 6-month weight loss program...again, and have a surgery date of April 25th. (I could have had it sooner, but i needed that week to fit in my life). I am ready to get this surgery done and get healthy because my co-morbites are out of control. So now, my surgeon will get to take credit for saving my life 2 TIMES!!!! Thank you, Dr. Hipp!

So glad for your Dr Hipp, so glad he saved you the first time, so trusting April 25th will bring only good results, you have had Hades. on Earth so I will forcast a Heavenly Recovery for you then. Keep us updated as time goes by, okay? ❤😣❤

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

I'll go first, I guess!

I was sleeved October 2018 and was 235 at the beginning of my 2 week pre-op diet. I've lost 79.9 lbs since then (sooooooo close to 80!).

So I cleaned out my closet a couple days ago and filled 2 garbage bags with clothes that are too big for me to wear. I figured i needed to replace those clothes so I went "for real" clothes shopping yesterday (I've gone shopping for underwear and stuff, but not actual clothes yet, as I have been going through my pile of "skinny clothes" and am running low on them now).

Anyhoo, I am now a size 8 in jeans (down from size 18-20 back in October last year). Yay me.

I also now officially weigh less than my husband, which has been a source of personal embarrassment to me for the past 15 years for some reason. Now thats just one less thing 😜

Awwwwww yeah i love spring collections

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Bought my first bikini!

I’m seeing inches down on the measuring tape and today I was able to fit into a bra that used to be too small.

omg. I hear ya. I can now groom "down there" without having to lift up parts of me to see what I'm doing (sorry for the visual).
Exactly [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

My old trusty tan Levis are getting loose enough I need to wear a belt, yes the pair I used to lie down on the bed to zip, Yippee Skippee Whoop Whoop, a day I have been dreaming of has come, and by a few ounces I weigh less than Tomkitten ! A big wide " Hey it Works" smile upon my face!😝🚩😝🍀

And my Weight loss is cug-a-cugging along, got w3ighed at a doctors office yesterday Friday 22, 2019, aI now weigh 11 pounds less than the arbirary one on my State- issued ID, I have one of those instead of a driver's license.
FYI Ohio is one of those states that requires your weight on hunting and Fishing ones, somebody asked Why? Told them I figure its so they can identify your body if something bad happens, like being shot or drowning! Not too worried about #2. since I can swim. just don't plan on doing in frigid waters. and although all my relatives went through Hunter safety courses that might have fooled the State, but not me, there are definitely a few I don't hunt with, know what doofuse they are in Daily Life, and I'm sure it carries over into here also.

Exercise NSV today! I walked 5k on the treadmill in 1 hour 7 minutes. I’ve never walked more than 40 minutes on the treadmill so this was a big accomplishment for me. I I entered a 5k that’s in a couple weeks so it’s very motivating. 😊

Ok, sorry this will be a little long...I began this journey back in January of 2016. Started the process and completed my required (by insurance) 6 month weightloss plan and then went for my pre-op physicals. During this process (1 week before my scheduled surgery) my surgeon found that i was anemic and was concerned.(HE SAVED MY LIFE RIGHT HERE...THE FIRST TIME) He pulled some strings and got me in for an endoscopy and colonoscopy the day before my scheduled surgery date because, as he said, "I need to know what i'm dealing with when i go in there." During the colonoscopy they found that I had stage 3 colon cancer. My surgery the next day went from a GSV to a colonectomy. He also took out my gall bladder (as the preop tests found I had gall-stones) and took out my appendix. So, 3 months of open wound treatment (because of an infection at the surgery site), and 6 months of chemotherapy later, i was able to take a deep breath. I had lost 30 pounds during all of this, but then sadly watched as the scale crept back up to my previous weight. So, in August of last year I decided I was ready to continue down the road toward the GSV surgery. Unfortunately, my employer switched insurance companies so my approval had to start back at square one. I have now completed the 6-month weight loss program...again, and have a surgery date of April 25th. (I could have had it sooner, but i needed that week to fit in my life). I am ready to get this surgery done and get healthy because my co-morbites are out of control. So now, my surgeon will get to take credit for saving my life 2 TIMES!!!! Thank you, Dr. Hipp!
Good luck. You deserve it!!

Sent from my Moto E (4) using BariatricPal mobile app

Ooh that is so cool, may you continue to have many more!

I can now reach to massage my lower back.

download.jpg