Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling. Jackhammer esophagus

I was sleeved in sept 2018. From 180ish to 110 and still losing. I suffered. I told my doctor. And was told smaller bites. Go to the er. I did this.

A couple weeks ago, I was finally diagnosed with jackhammer esophagus. Basically feels like like I’m having a heart attack when I eat or drink anything. To the point where I go to the er every other week when I need iv fluids. “I know when it’s time cause I start to pass out when I walk” :(

my doctor at blossom said I just needed time to heal. After making a special trip to Vegas. “Made two special ones there to seek help”

I live in Reno. The doctors at UCLA finally did a manomerty study and clear as day, my esophagus was struggling to push food down. And once it gets to my stomach, it takes a long time to go in.

Does any one suffer? How many doctors did you see before it was found? Anything help you?

I’ve just had Botox injections in my esophagus. Didn’t help. Talking about doing the potty surgery.

I want my life back. I can’t work. I can hardly go to the store. Have to nap after. I can’t eat with my family at sushi like we used to. I can’t have cocktails at social events. I feel trapped.

2DDB67BD-F7A3-4165-96CB-0197C1510E8E.jpeg

Do you have severe reflux? Did you have symptoms prior to the sleeve, you didn’t have a band previously did you?

What treatment are they going to use?

I had zero symptoms before my surgery. And still have no acid reflux.

I have read here, that a lot of people had a manometry study done before their surgery to see if their esophagus was functioning well enough to even have it done.

I have done Calcium blockers. Nitro under the tongue. Peppermint oil. Cough drops. Reglan. Pot. I just want the surgery. The poem surgery. :(

I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. From what I’ve read it’s pretty rare. I wonder if your drs office could put you in contact with a support group or even another patient who is dealing/has dealt with this?

:( was forced to get a feeding tube in my stomach. Just unable to function with the lack of nutrition. I have joined some Facebook groups for things that are similar... but yeah. It is very rare. My life quality has never been lower. Down to 109 lbs

183996DC-22B7-4052-9171-D822CDF3D846.jpeg

Can anyone help me? Is anyone else dealing with this
I was having a hard time and it felt as if I was having a heart attack and like it was stuck. I found some relief after I vomited. It happens every so often when I eat but now I make myself vomit. Not sure if this is a good thing but like I said it doesn't happen all the time. I do get instant relief after vomiting. I hope you get better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have heard of Nutcracker Esophagus, are the two conditions in any way similar?