Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am trying all the liquid shakes and I just can't seem to drink them... omg! My doctor has you drink Bariatric Advantage and to me it is just like slime. I don't know what to do or try to make this any better, does anyone have suggestions with this? Need help this 2 weeks will be horrid!

What is it specifically you don't like about them?

Are you buying the already made up drinks or using powder?

It is powder and it just seems a thin slime and if I shake too long it is very airy and bubbly and I can't drink it like that either. I have an appointment on the 7th and I pray I can figure it out by then because I think that is when I have to get all my shakes and such. My dr office you have to buy all your 2 weeks worth of shakes from them as I thought she said and at this point I can't seem to get past the consistency of them.

Edited by Alwzla8

I used a blender...I also used half skim milk and half Water plus some yoghurt nd always added some frozen blueberries. I also found that they tasted better if they were finished quickly.

Have you trialled any other brands (that are comparable in calorie/protein/carb content) from outside the clinic and know that you can stomach them? If so, explain to the clinic the difficulty you are having the brand, that you don't want to waste your money by buying from them and not using the shakes. Is it much more expensive to buy from them? Is it just a money make scheme or is it a case of careful selection because the brand contains Vitamins and minerals? My doctor may have specified/recommended a brand but there wasn't any requirement to buy from them.

I have not tried anything else but will try what you said and look at other things tomorrow. My office charges 350 for whatever it is I'm still not sure exactly what all it is besides the shakes and Vitamins and calcium chews. I will def. have to ask if I can buy something elsewhere if adding fruit and or milk don't help it go down. Thanks for the help:)

I had trouble with the shakes too and drinking them ice cold helped. I can also tell you that even though the two week liquid diet seems brutal (I was there just like you), the rewards on the other side are so worth it. Try to look ahead to one month from now when you will be losing and feeling so much better! Good luck to you!

Right now it does seem brutal since I can not make it past samples omg how will I live on this for 2 weeks😩 I will make it somehow just right now I don’t see how.. dreading March 25th when this is my life:(

I use GNC Lean shakes, premade and they're very smooth and tasty. I also drank a lot of Gatorade Zero, sugar-free peach iced tea, and sugar-free popsicles during the liquid phase.

Over the last three months I’ve tried many different Protein Shakes. My favorites are Muscle Milk 32mg Protein and Pure Protein 30mg protein. Like somebody said before......the colder the better. I start my 2 week pre-op liquid diet and stocked up on both. Just think of what those two weeks of liquid diet leads you to 😊

Yeah, I am using the high Protein slimfast and Unjury shakes. There are other shakes unless your surgeon disapproves but a Protein Shake isn't the most appetizing thing no matter the brand IMHO. [emoji52]

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using BariatricPal mobile app

You can also get the Protein flavored waters. I have found the premade shakes are better blended than powder and milk at home. When I do make one at home I shake it then put it in the freezer for 10 minutes to get cold and for the bubbles to dissolve, that helps.

I did add ice to my last one and was able to drink it. I am gong to ask them if it is mandatory that I use their brand... I know on the paperwork it says I will have to pay the money to them for the products but all are powder and I also think that the premade ones are much better. I know that when this 2 weeks starts I will be saying I'm sorry a lot lol:)

Sometimes I feel like I am on the l9ngest liquid diet in the Western World, think I have tried almost every kind out there. My current favorite is Ensure High Protein in strawberry, tastes just like Nestle Strawberry Quik. I can't have chocolate, been allergic for 43 years, but it might be equally good and vanilla, I have grown to loathe vanilla, such a think white tasteless nothing much flavor to me. Hope this might help, runs about $ 8 a 6 pack at Wal-Mart.

I have tried a bunch of shakes the Syntrax Nectars are really tasty. They have a wide variety of flavors like fuzzy navel, red grapefruit and even Cappuccino. You can order the variety pack or even get one at a time.

I am going to buy different ones even if they say I am supposed to just have theirs as long as it is the same or very close Protein and such because if I can't drink theirs I am getting no where quick except HUNGRY:) Thank you all for the suggestion it is great!