Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 6 weeks out and haven't had any yet but am considering having a glass of wine tomorrow when we go out for hubby's Birthday.

Can you please let me know how it goes .. I’m 3 weeks out but in about a month or so will be going to Las Vegas so by that time I’ll be about 7 weeks out

I got sleeved August 2017 and had my first drink on thanksgiving. It was marvelous. I drink 1-2 glasses of wine or gluten free beer daily. Biggest concern is empty calories and it can cause reflux. Vodka is the MVP for calories. Otherwise just count it in your log.

My doctor said I could have a drink starting 21 days post-op, which is what I did :) I had a glass of wine. No bad reactions at all, but it took me forever to drink and of course I was very wary about the calories. I was afraid I'd feel nauseous or get buzzed super quick, but nope, everything felt normal. I had a sip of beer though yesterday but it was too carbonated for my stomach, so beer is currently a pass for me.

I am almost 5 mos post op. I went on a 7 day cruise on Feb 3rd and bought the drink package. I tried wine and all kinds of mixed drinks and NEVER even got a buzz. Anyone else have this happen? I have never been a big drinker but was really hoping to enjoy the drinks on the cruise since I couldn't enjoy the food.

I was expecting my tolerance to be one drink but I can have a bottle of wine and be totally sober even if my BAC says otherwise. I think I’m not absorbing the alcohol or something magical. Was really looking forward to being a cheap drunk.

I was expecting my tolerance to be one drink but I can have a bottle of wine and be totally sober even if my BAC says otherwise. I think I’m not absorbing the alcohol or something magical. Was really looking forward to being a cheap drunk.

Right me too[emoji20]

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my first alcoholic drink on Valentine's Day this year. I had a bourbon and Water. I was super buzzed pretty quick.

Same here. Had couple ounces of a reisling last night and was buzzed of a couple sips

I’m 2 months out. I had a glass of white wine when we went out for hubby’s Birthday, it was fine. I also tried a light red 1 night at home, 1/2 glass went straight to my head so the rest went down the sink! My tolerance is definitely a lot lower than presurgery when I could happily sit and drink half a bottle watching TV and more on special occasions

I never asked/ was never told ( when I had my sleeve 10/2017) but I heard 6 mo from a coworker who had it done so I waited till then. I always got a "burning" sensation going down so I really never finished them. But maybe I will give it a shot again in a few months ( I just had bypass- I'm not sure how long to wait with this one)