Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys...I dont write much but i have been following all u guys for a while trying to get as much info as i can for my incoming may surgery. I AM 57 yr old. And my sleeve is in may. today was my final weigh in . i am now 210. My lowest weight has been 190. I look ugly at 190 (as ive been told) because My butt disapears n my boops will fall along with my stomach. Does anyone know if Horizon NJ Health insurance pay for loose skin surgery? I really dont care what people say , i know i need to loose weight for my health no mater what...I need this surgery because i have tried all diets n nothing works, im like a yoyo dieter.

Another big concern is that i asked my surgeon to give me a pre-op liquid diet menu..but he said that i do not need any pre_op clear liq diet. He just said to stay away from carbs n fats and i can eat whatever i want. But i dont find that normal. He said that post_op is liquids for 3 days then only protien for one week then puree after that. So i dont no if all this is ok or should i do Water n protien for 2 whole weeks. Its like he doesnt explain anything i have to ask the questions if i want to know. Then there is the isue of GERD medication pills AND MY HIGH BLD PRESURE meds. Can i take those medications in pill form after surgery??? [/url] EVERYTHING IS SO CONFUSING.. Also will i need someone to stay with me after surgery since i live alone? IF THERE IS ANYONE THAT HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS PLZ. LET ME NO AS I NO THAT PERHAPS IM OVER REACTING BUT IM SCARED OF THIS SURGERY N WANT EVERYTHING TO BE DONE RIGHT BECAUSE ANY MISTAKE I MAKE CAN LAND ME IN THE HOSPITAL N OUT OF WORK FOR LONG TIME N I CANT AFORD TO BE OUT OF WORK. I WORK IN A NURSING HOME. MOVING N LIFTING PATIENTS SO I WILL BE OUT ONLY FOR ONE MONTH OR LESS. THANK U GUYS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP OR ANY ADVICE U CAN GIVE ME

Sent from my LGMS210 using BariatricPal mobile app

is

Hey! I have the same insurance, but I don't know if the cover skin removal. Someone told me along this process that they do as long as it it medically necessary. But I didn't hear that from the insurance company so I don't know how accurate it is. I had my surgery Monday and they put me on a new blood pressure pill. It's much smaller and I can get it down. They will tell you what you can and can't take. Where are you having it done? I'm in South Jersey. I don't know about everyone else but I have been very happy to have the help the past few days since I've been home. Walking and sipping can take a lot out of you so help is nice, but I don't know that it's required for each person. Have you seen a nutritionist yet? They will explain the whole pre-op diet for you. And don't worry about the number on a scale, worry about your health and how you feel. Your going to do great!

That was difficult to read as it was all in 1 long paragraph that just blended together! In future try breaking it up and don’t use caps!

You are going for a sleeve with only 20lb to lose but you believe that if you lose this 20lb you will look ugly? So why are you doing it?

I had no preop diet for my revision, I was just told to stick to clean eating.

Why are you questioning what your surgeon has told you to do? You are trusting him or her with your life but you don’t want to trust them with your diet instructions?

Yes you can take whole pills after surgery.

I think just about every person on here has had a different pre op / post op diet. I would follow what your surgeon has layed out for you. I’ve read a lot of people on here that didn’t have to do a pre op and what he said for post op seems reasonable.
As far as how to take your meds I would consult your surgeon.
I can tell you my son had DS surgery two years ago and he was working in a nursing home as a patient tech at the time. He was only off work for 10 days. Depending on your drs weight lifting restrictions you may have to be on modified duties but he wasn’t. I thought that was too soon so I’m glad to see you have a month!
It seems like you are experiencing the same jitters we all face when it finally becomes “real”. Just try to focus on “what is” and not the “what if’s” and take it one baby step at a time. You got this!!!

That was difficult to read as it was all in 1 long paragraph that just blended together! In future try breaking it up and don’t use caps!
You are going for a sleeve with only 20lb to lose but you believe that if you lose this 20lb you will look ugly? So why are you doing it?
I had no preop diet for my revision, I was just told to stick to clean eating.
Why are you questioning what your surgeon has told you to do? You are trusting him or her with your life but you don’t want to trust them with your diet instructions?
Yes you can take whole pills after surgery.
Thanks for your respond. the reason im questioning is because this is a surgeon that doesnt explain anything unless i ask, therefore, i dont feel to comfortable with that. I know from testimonies that he is a good surgeon but he lacks comunication to the patient. The little bit that i have learned has been by reading all posts in this forum and it has been more informative then my surgeon. I can loose 35- 40 which is ok with me. Im doing it for my health. I am just somewhat worried because i have been reading that many here in the forum has been givin a pre-op clear liq diet and my surgeon says its not ness. Thnxx again for your respond

Hey! I have the same insurance, but I don't know if the cover skin removal. Someone told me along this process that they do as long as it it medically necessary. But I didn't hear that from the insurance company so I don't know how accurate it is. I had my surgery Monday and they put me on a new blood pressure pill. It's much smaller and I can get it down. They will tell you what you can and can't take. Where are you having it done? I'm in South Jersey. I don't know about everyone else but I have been very happy to have the help the past few days since I've been home. Walking and sipping can take a lot out of you so help is nice, but I don't know that it's required for each person. Have you seen a nutritionist yet? They will explain the whole pre-op diet for you. And don't worry about the number on a scale, worry about your health and how you feel. Your going to do great!
Tanxx Gerl86 for your response. N congrats on your post-op. Im glad your doing good. Yes, i guess every surgeon gives different instructions. I will let my pcp know if its ok to continue taking my meds or change them to smaller pills......I just pray everything comes out fine. This is my second intent with the sleeve. Two years ago i was going to do it and i had cold feet and backed out. I dont want the same thing to happen again...im from North jersey in Bayonne
You were very helpfull thank you
Glad you were not alone after surgery...you will do great.....
Keep us posted

I think just about every person on here has had a different pre op / post op diet. I would follow what your surgeon has layed out for you. I’ve read a lot of people on here that didn’t have to do a pre op and what he said for post op seems reasonable.

As far as how to take your meds I would consult your surgeon.

I can tell you my son had DS surgery two years ago and he was working in a nursing home as a patient tech at the time. He was only off work for 10 days. Depending on your drs weight lifting restrictions you may have to be on modified duties but he wasn’t. I thought that was too soon so I’m glad to see you have a month!

It seems like you are experiencing the same jitters we all face when it finally becomes “real”. Just try to focus on “what is” and not the “what if’s” and take it one baby step at a time. You got this!!!

Thank you DanaC84 Most helpfull. Your son returned to work immed. Wow that was great that he had a speedy recovery.

Yes i guess its different for everyone

Thnxx for your advice, i will take it.

I am a week pos-op and I am doing great. I have been taking care of myself since I got home. I am 63, by the way, I did a lot of prep work though. I filled the kitchen with the fluids and pureed food that i need post-op. It made the first couple of days home much easier. Other than the diarrhea (sorry if that is TMI) I have had no issues. My surgery was done laparoscopic so I have 5 small incisions, and the one that they used to remove the portion of my stomach that was removed through was sore for about 4/5 days, but I didn't need anything but tylenol for the pain. If you don't feel that your doctor is giving you enough information, keep on pressing for answers. You are paying him/her for their services and you have the right to know everything! If you aren't comfortable with this doctor, maybe you need to find one that you are more comfortable with. You will need to have a long term relationship with your doctor and their team. Good luck!

I am a week pos-op and I am doing great. I have been taking care of myself since I got home. I am 63, by the way, I did a lot of prep work though. I filled the kitchen with the fluids and pureed food that i need post-op. It made the first couple of days home much easier. Other than the diarrhea (sorry if that is TMI) I have had no issues. My surgery was done laparoscopic so I have 5 small incisions, and the one that they used to remove the portion of my stomach that was removed through was sore for about 4/5 days, but I didn't need anything but tylenol for the pain. If you don't feel that your doctor is giving you enough information, keep on pressing for answers. You are paying him/her for their services and you have the right to know everything! If you aren't comfortable with this doctor, maybe you need to find one that you are more comfortable with. You will need to have a long term relationship with your doctor and their team. Good luck!
Catherine weble thnxx for the info. Glad youre doing great. N thnxx for the info of prepping for post op. i didnt think of it. I will have lots to buy. n need to be loaded with protien drinks n gatorade..... Besides that i have read here that many post op suffer from Constipation. But u were the oposite? Well keep up the good work n zip zip zip.

6 hours ago, PALOMABELLA said:

Hi guys...I dont write much but i have been following all u guys for a while trying to get as much info as i can for my incoming may surgery. I AM 57 yr old. And my sleeve is in may. today was my final weigh in . i am now 210. My lowest weight has been 190. I look ugly at 190 (as ive been told) because My butt disapears n my boops will fall along with my stomach. Does anyone know if Horizon NJ Health insurance pay for loose skin surgery? I really dont care what people say , i know i need to loose weight for my health no mater what...I need this surgery because i have tried all diets n nothing works, im like a yoyo dieter.

Another big concern is that i asked my surgeon to give me a pre-op liquid diet menu..but he said that i do not need any pre_op clear liq diet. He just said to stay away from carbs n fats and i can eat whatever i want. But i dont find that normal. He said that post_op is liquids for 3 days then only protien for one week then puree after that. So i dont no if all this is ok or should i do Water n protien for 2 whole weeks. Its like he doesnt explain anything i have to ask the questions if i want to know. Then there is the isue of GERD medication pills AND MY HIGH BLD PRESURE meds. Can i take those medications in pill form after surgery??? [/url] EVERYTHING IS SO CONFUSING.. Also will i need someone to stay with me after surgery since i live alone? IF THERE IS ANYONE THAT HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS PLZ. LET ME NO AS I NO THAT PERHAPS IM OVER REACTING BUT IM SCARED OF THIS SURGERY N WANT EVERYTHING TO BE DONE RIGHT BECAUSE ANY MISTAKE I MAKE CAN LAND ME IN THE HOSPITAL N OUT OF WORK FOR LONG TIME N I CANT AFORD TO BE OUT OF WORK. I WORK IN A NURSING HOME. MOVING N LIFTING PATIENTS SO I WILL BE OUT ONLY FOR ONE MONTH OR LESS. THANK U GUYS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP OR ANY ADVICE U CAN GIVE ME

is

👑First beauty is very very subjective. And inner beauty counts most...this needs to be said more often👑

Have plastics if it makes *you* feel better screw everyone else's opining

Next, not every surgeon requires preop diets. Mine didn't. Follow your surgeon's instructions as best as you can.

Take off as much time as you can especially if you have to perform lifts and transfers.

Last

❤ALWAYS ASK QUESTIONS ❤

become a seeker of information, never wait for someone to hand it all to you

Congrats on the upcoming surgery and safe journey

Everyone will have different pre and post op instructions. You need to follow what your surgeon has set forth as the guidelines for the program for his surgical patients.

It would be difficult for me to allow a surgeon to operate on me if I was not comfortable with how he or she presented information to me but that’s my opinion and maybe you only have one surgeon available to you.

Many topics you are asking about such as medications after surgery are often discussed in a group class prior to your surgery date, many times three-four weeks ahead of time. The nutritionist and bariatric coordinator are often the ones at this meeting.

18 hours ago, PALOMABELLA said:

Thanks for your respond. the reason im questioning is because this is a surgeon that doesnt explain anything unless i ask, therefore, i dont feel to comfortable with that. I know from testimonies that he is a good surgeon but he lacks comunication to the patient. The little bit that i have learned has been by reading all posts in this forum and it has been more informative then my surgeon. I can loose 35- 40 which is ok with me. Im doing it for my health. I am just somewhat worried because i have been reading that many here in the forum has been givin a pre-op clear liq diet and my surgeon says its not ness. Thnxx again for your respond

Hi there...I did not have a pre-op diet either, I just could not have any food after 10:00 pm the night before surgery. Every team is different in their requirements. Just keep asking your doctor questions for your concerns, you said he has good reviews but is lacking in communication so trust him and ask all the questions that you need to. You will be just fine, follow your plan.

Congratulations on your up coming surgery and I wish you all the best!