Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤MARCH 2019 CHALLENGE❤

10. I think I'm a good writer. I work in content marketing so writing is part of my day job. I also do some freelance writing on the side.

On 03/10/2019 at 14:36, froufrou said:

Sorry I've been absent from this thread. I am struggling so badly...

For a while I had been losing a pound a day - down 21 lbs. Now I'm stuck. My appetite has returned and all of the mind games about food have come back into my head. I'm really feeling like a bit of a mess to be honest :( I didn't think I'd face issues only 5 weeks post surgery!

I’m so sorry you’re struggling! I hope you’re feeling a little better. I have no sage advice other than to say just keep going. I’m hoping as I continue to make wiser choices my brain will catch up with my stomach and realize this is it’s new reality. Not exactly fun but I’m pretty sure the future me is going to thank me.

16 hours ago, froufrou said:

Sorry I've been absent from this thread. I am struggling so badly...

For a while I had been losing a pound a day - down 21 lbs. Now I'm stuck. My appetite has returned and all of the mind games about food have come back into my head. I'm really feeling like a bit of a mess to be honest :( I didn't think I'd face issues only 5 weeks post surgery!

Hi! Sorry you hit a mental snag... But try to think of it as that.

Your body is doing just fine if its not actively rebelling against you. Silver lining. Not everyone will lose extremely fast , fast ,evenly or at the same pace forever. And im sure youve heard it all before.

I was a slow loser. I once stalled for a month+ straight out the gate. I didnt know it until visiting my surgeon's office ( I utterly refused to buy a scale during the losing phase). I can only tell you what I decided to do not what you should do.

I gave the royal single finger salute to weighing and focused squarely on things I could control. My diet. I went hardcore making sure I substituted everything I could with better things even if they were already healthy, eliminating sugar completely (honey & maple) cutting out unnecessary cals when/where I could, etc.

It gave me something I could quantifiably control. I didn't feel helpless or hopeless and i didnt care about the scake at all ... I was way too busy. All the oz ans lbs add up in the end. Promise. Promise. Promise.

I hope you feel better about it all soon. Your surgery is very young. There is still so much time to explore and experience you new post Bari Life and body. Wait and see. 💜

13 hours ago, churchgirl said:

Okay, just spilled my guts about totally screwing up from my 6/5/18 surgery & how I was gaining weight back & hopeless! So, in response to myself, I’m in - 10 days later - to this March challenge!

Goal - lose the 10 pounds I gained since my lowest weight of 217 in July 2018. And go to a counselor!

Best morning- prayer time, hot tea, & being fully awake because I went to bed on time for a change!

3 words to describe me - friendly, funny, lovin’ the Lord!

Pray for me!

Welcome ! We got you! We support you! Lets do this!

Just now, GreenTealael said:

Hi! Sorry you hit a mental snag... But try to think of it as that.

Your body is doing just fine if its not actively rebelling against you. Silver lining. Not everyone will lose extremely fast , fast ,evenly or at the same pace forever. And im sure youve heard it all before.

I was a slow loser. I once stalled for a month+ straight out the gate. I didnt know it until visiting my surgeon's office ( I utterly refused to buy a scale during the losing phase). I can only tell you what I decided to do not what you should do.

I gave the royal single finger salute to weighing and focused squarely on things I could control. My diet. I went hardcore making sure I substituted everything I could with better things even if they were already healthy, eliminating sugar completely (honey & maple) cutting out unnecessary cals when/where I could, etc.

It gave me something I could quantifiably control. I didn't feel helpless or hopeless and i didnt care about the scake at all ... I was way too busy. All the oz ans lbs add up in the end. Promise. Promise. Promise.

I hope you feel better about it all soon. Your surgery is very young. There is still so much time to explore and experience you new post Bari Life and body. Wait and see. 💜

THis is great advice. i just nearly hurled my scale out the window this morning....so this is good to read!!!

8 minutes ago, CurvyMom said:

THis is great advice. i just nearly hurled my scale out the window this morning....so this is good to read!!!

scales only tell you only 1 number in your overall health (maybe 4 if they are fancy)

They can't tell you your blood pressure, a1c, thyroid function, stress levels, bone density, heart valve function, kidney function, glaucoma risk factor, dental anomalies, parent's health in 5 yrs, love life predictions, hair stylist reviews, child rearing advice, challenges to join, tax audit results, ebay bidding wars wins, Walking Dead/Game of Thrones endings...

IDK... Doesn't seem the most important in the overarching story

Edited by GreenTealael

scales only tell you only 1 number in your overall health (maybe 4 if they are fancy)

They can't tell you your blood pressure, a1c, thyroid function, stress levels, bone density, heart valve function, kidney function, glaucoma risk factor, dental anomalies, love life predictions, hair stylist reviews, challenges to join, tax audit results, ebay bidding wars wins, Walking Dead/Game of Thrones endings...

IDK... Doesn't seem that important in the overarching story

You're right.....but in the early stages (5-6 weeks) It's definitely frustrating when the thing goes up and down but not really down much :) Time to ignore the scale for a while......Im glad my scale doesnt review my hairstyle right now though !! lol

9 minutes ago, CurvyMom said:

You're right.....but in the early stages (5-6 weeks) It's definitely frustrating when the thing goes up and down but not really down much :) Time to ignore the scale for a while......Im glad my scale doesnt review my hairstyle right now though !! lol

The scale may bounce around indefinitely. Some VETs say they go up and down within 5-10lbs of their lowest weight all the time while in maintenance. The day a scale gives me lucky lotto numbers & famous quotes i will pay a lot more attention to what it has to say and of course everyone is different should feel the emotions they really feel. I think this will spark a B-Side question...

Edited by GreenTealael

March 8,9,10 &11:

One annoying habit I would like to break is reading 15267477948473383384 books at the same time. Its just that there are sooo many good ones and life seems so short so I want to read as much as I can while I can

f4d319553fc33c7a337ae77e58ae91db.gif

Advice I'd give myself a year ago today is enjoy that trip thoroughly. Stop whining about the frigid weather, buy another scarf and socks, keep walking.

I'm good at recognizing my own bs and calling myself on it.

I really like my shoulders at the moment because everything else is trying to hurt my feelings... Lol plastics here I come 😂

Edited by GreenTealael

Oohhh can’t wait to hear the b side today!!!
11) favorite body part? Geesh that changes over the years! I always thought it was my eyes so I’ll stick with that.

B-Sides Questions:

How do you handle dissatisfaction / disappointment / discouragement in life?

Edited by GreenTealael

B-Sides Questions:

I'll go first because I want to be completely honest:

I can't handle it well at all. I would throw a tantrum if still allow but my face does it for me. I need a good 5 mins of solitary space to process then at least an hour to come to grips with the new world created by the circumstances.

I recognized this about 20 yrs ago. Accepting my process and working it made it easier for me to move past whatever the challenge presented was, but I need what I need or the turnout is no good.

I have always thought of my eyes as my best feature. But glad for my limbs and all they help me do.

B-side: Over the years I have learned a lot. First, I get to feel my feelings...and not try to deny them....then I breathe and think about what is in my power to change in a healthy way. Once that's done, I let it go and let the Universe take charge. I have learned to practice what I preach as best I can. Oh, yes, and I look for the lesson in whatever happened to cause those feelings because maybe whatever it is that I wanted isn't the best thing for me. Breathing and being are the most helpful things for me.

On 03/11/2019 at 07:45, GreenTealael said:

B-Sides Questions:

Honest (and somewhat condensed) version? - cry, b’tch and moan and then pull up my big girl panties.
So maybe a nicer way of saying that is I vent where and to who I can, I search for answers to find a resolution and then come up with a plan to move forward. It’s so easy to think of it this way when I’m not in the middle of a challenge so thank you for this @GreenTealael