Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤MARCH 2019 CHALLENGE❤

8. A bad habit I'd like to break is snacking over my calorie allowance in the evening. I tend to go "an extra 100 cals won't hurt" so I need to be firmer with myself.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

9. The best advice I can think of to have given myself is "to get moving". One of my favorite things from being post-op is that I go to the gym nearly every day...at least 6 days a week. I feel so much better in my body and my head because of it. Speaking of which...time to go to the gym. :) PS. Didn't get to do any yoga yesterday.

9. Piece of advice I’d give myself, start now! Don’t wait till tomorrow because if you keep waiting for tomorrow you’ll miss today.

A piece of advice I came across today
"I do not ask you to save me; I ask only that you walk by my side and emotionally support me as I save myself."

9) get the surgery 💪🏻

#27 I am going to loosen and untie all the knits from my Life Rope, The could- nots, will- nots, should- not, can-not and most of the great big Am- not. You see, I really am committed enough, willing enough, deserving enough to achieve what Bariatric Goals set forward, I have the strength enough yo keep on when others say I can give up, relax, and save myself from sorrow. I have too far to go anyway but forward. Can't read what it says at the finish line(blasted bifocals) but I can see a shiny light and as I get closer the words will become clearer, but I will gain nothing by standing still, so I'll continue forward as long as I live.😝🚕😝

• Excited about trying a mix of yoga and Pilates this morning.
  • One piece of advice: I made the right decision to have WLS. Three years of my life worrying about should I or shouldn't I have the WLS.
  • One thing I'm good at: Trying to look at the positive side of life.

10) one thing I’m good at? Listening.
Do you ever encounter people that asks how you’re doing just to get it out of the way so they can proceed to make it all about them? Yea, HATE that.

25. I have few fears, losing 7 family members within a few years does do that, but my main one is that the TPN I was on for 3 months has aborted my weight loss capabilities and I will stall in the mid to low 200s and never make it into Onederland, where I decided to be. As the weather slowly warms back up I am exercising by walking more, still gonna get me a bike although Tomkitten groans to hear it. Now that I no longer have Dunlap Disease- where my rump don't lap down on each side of the bike seat I won't look like a Fat Old Lady trying to regain her lost youth. I talk about spading up a small garden plot, even if I only grow salad greens and such, it would help. Lord knows I have no delusions about 30 feet of sweet corn, don't even like corn all that much, give me carrots, tomatoes and onions and I will be his Kool Mama Kitten once more. Flowers, IDK, might move again , have a lease but there are things he didn't live up to in the agreement and reading Ohio lease/ tenant rules, I can get out of it. One of the things is he has failed to make it handicap- accessible which he promised within 90 days, no hand rails, only have real steps on one door, an outside light there but back door had none and just a stack of half-pallets for step- downs , Tomkitten has to follow me in and out so I don't trip and fall backwards, cold air registers are broken, for a while we had stray cats coming into the basement, he has a lock on the basement storm door so I don't have access to down there, is he hiding a still or something? Suspect the hall going to the upstairs that he is going turn into a studio/1 bedroom apartment in the Spring or so he says, might have also contained an access set of stairs to the basement, but I may never know for sure. And I wonder if I am heating the upstairs from the way my gas bill bounced up in pricing, luckily I am on a year- round budget plan, but still? And he also states there are 2 electric meters, the one is digital but TK and I keep watching to see how much it moves for nobody being up there.
When I wanted Spectrum to institute cable service, he refused to come unlock the basement for access, so my cable quality isn't A1 j-ust come in through the wall, probably needs rewired but he refused to open Secret Land long enough for access, notified him 4 days ahead but he was Busy? He is turning out to be one strange bird! So if nothing else collapses, there are weak areas in the wood floor he had splat brown cheap paint on , just mop with a swifter wet mop but the paint is wearing off in places. So it will be no mystery if this place becomes history in a few months when the weather moderates.🏡

10. I'm good at...hmmm...my job. Oh and I did a 20 minute beginners yoga routine today.

Sorry I've been absent from this thread. I am struggling so badly...

For a while I had been losing a pound a day - down 21 lbs. Now I'm stuck. My appetite has returned and all of the mind games about food have come back into my head. I'm really feeling like a bit of a mess to be honest :( I didn't think I'd face issues only 5 weeks post surgery!

21 minutes ago, froufrou said:

Sorry I've been absent from this thread. I am struggling so badly...

For a while I had been losing a pound a day - down 21 lbs. Now I'm stuck. My appetite has returned and all of the mind games about food have come back into my head. I'm really feeling like a bit of a mess to be honest :( I didn't think I'd face issues only 5 weeks post surgery!

Sorry you are feeling this way. I’m a little over 5 weeks post op and the scale is moving so slow but I am just sticking with it. I don’t really get hungry unless I don’t eat for a long time but I have the mind game struggles. I figure this is just something I have to overcome and you will too. Stick with it!

9- I would tell myself not to give up

10- I think I am good at my job and I’m a good mom most days ;)

Okay, just spilled my guts about totally screwing up from my 6/5/18 surgery & how I was gaining weight back & hopeless! So, in response to myself, I’m in - 10 days later - to this March challenge!

Goal - lose the 10 pounds I gained since my lowest weight of 217 in July 2018. And go to a counselor!

Best morning- prayer time, hot tea, & being fully awake because I went to bed on time for a change!

3 words to describe me - friendly, funny, lovin’ the Lord!

Pray for me!