Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2019 sleeve weight loss buddies

Had it, an RnY , last September 5th but having a slow screwy recovery, I can be ranked as "Atypical "in some ways I am like a 6 week- 2 monther instead. But things will straighten out ( or so my Surgeons assure me) and I will have as good a recovery as everyone else. So I try to keep peace in my soul, found out years ago all pounding your head against a brick wall foe is give you a doozy of a headache. So I am somewhat fatalistic, Que Sera, sera- what will be will be. I came into all this to become a winner so nobody better try to count me out!

4 hours ago, DwarfStarlin said:

I’m doing okay. I still have pain in my right side though. How are you doing?

I’m getting there. I’m not as tired and I thank God for popsicles! I have been good about fluids and my Vitamins and walking around. I’m so glad I did this,! I can’t wait to be able to move around more comfortably :) my wounds are healing really well (even my fiancé was surprised with how much better they look). I also have very little appetite, and while I know that doesn’t last forever, I am so happy to finally feel like that!

On 2/28/2019 at 3:22 PM, TeeBeau said:

Mine is March 12! I'm on day 3 of my preop diet. I'm starting to get excited instead of just nervous. How are you doing?

Mine is Tues the 12th too! Omg I'm nervous, excited, scared, STARVING

On 03/10/2019 at 17:46, mandmom said:

Mine is Tues the 12th too! Omg I'm nervous, excited, scared, STARVING

Mine is Wednesday the 13th and I’m feeling the same way!

On 03/10/2019 at 04:09, Frustr8 said:

@makisue, where in Ohio are you? I'm in Mount Vernon, almost dead center, and sending good wishes your way! I have a cousin

with his birthday the same day as your surgery. 2 of my aunt's have had holiday deliveries, 2 Friday to 13th, one Groundhog Day, the other Leap Year day, Halloween, New Years eve and Mothers Day. And my birthday is the day after Christmas. As far as I know, none were induced or c- sections, just the way things turned out for them.
I’m in Cincinnati, sorry I answered this once before without the quote. When is your surgery? Or have you already had it?

My surgery is in 6 hours!!!! I'm pretty freakin nervous.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 03/11/2019 at 07:28, angie_is_losing_it said:

Good luck! You got this!!

@Nickycole86 hi

I’m the 20th March too

getting close isn’t it ? Eekkkkk

How is the ore op diet going ?

Im allowed food mostly salad and veg and very low in calories

We’ll have to stay in touch xx

3 hours ago, angie_is_losing_it said:

Good luck

let us know how you are as soon as you feel up to it

@feelinghopefulnow

It’s going! I’m still learning how to use this app so I can’t figure out how to respond to you lol.

I am also allowed some food so I am not completely dying but I have a pounding headache going on. :)

On 3/9/2019 at 12:59 PM, ihartme said:

I had my Sleeve done on March 5th. I am home. Has anyone had any issues with a dry throat cough? It scares me to cough, like I'm going to pop all my stomach staples. I worry that I am not getting enough fluids, though I am still urinating regularly so take that as a good sign I am not dehydrated. I have been home since the day after surgery 3/6, but have not felt as tired as I do today. I literally feel like I could just sleep all day. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks and good luck to you all

I had mine March 8th, and coughing does like my tummy is about to explode...lol just spokee to my nurse and she asked me Fluid intake I told i drink as much as can tolerate the day after and today is better i did finish my first Protein Drink for today, i go to the bathroom quite often, the nurse that's good sign although i still need to get all fluids in on a regular. Today feels like energy day but my tummy is reminding me to sit down, i slept like crazy the day i came home from surg and day after... today is my third day. Hope this helps.

Good luck to everyone! and a prosperous new journey for healthy life

17 hours ago, Nickycole86 said:

@feelinghopefulnow

It’s going! I’m still learning how to use this app so I can’t figure out how to respond to you lol.

I am also allowed some food so I am not completely dying but I have a pounding headache going on. :)

I’m only just finding my way around too

i have a headache too this morning actually ... it’ll probably be lack of carbs

if you’re allowed porridge , have some ,,, And up your Water x

My surgery was yesterday. I guess I was expecting the worst and I’ve been pleasantly surprised. I haven’t had any nausea and I’m not having any pain when taking sips of clears.

I’ve been taking walks and really feeling pretty good. So excited to hear abt everyone’s journeys.

Good luck to you all!!

CRF

Thanks everyone for posting what it’s like the few days following surgery. I feel like that is the scariest part! So it’s good to hear how y’all are doing! Surgery for me is tomorrow morning and I’m really nervous!