Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2019 sleeve weight loss buddies

My first post :) I'm scheduled for the 21st and started my 2 week pre-op diet yesterday.

Mine was the 6th

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my Sleeve done on March 5th. I am home. Has anyone had any issues with a dry throat cough? It scares me to cough, like I'm going to pop all my stomach staples. I worry that I am not getting enough fluids, though I am still urinating regularly so take that as a good sign I am not dehydrated. I have been home since the day after surgery 3/6, but have not felt as tired as I do today. I literally feel like I could just sleep all day. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks and good luck to you all

Hi @ihartme early days for you yet then. My op date isn’t until the 20th March so I can’t help with regards to your cough/dry throat ,,, I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better though and hopefully you will improve daily x

I had my surgery on March 1st. I’m feeling fabulous! Down 14.6 pounds and couldn’t be happier. The first 3 days were a little rough as I was exhausted and mostly slept the whole time. By the 4th day I could feel my energy creeping back up and today (8days post op) I almost feel 100%. I’m so glad I did this. Good luck to everyone!

I had my surgery 3/6 and struggling with getting in my fluids, gas pain and just tired. Trying to drink 1 ounce every 15min to keep hydrated but having a rough go of it.

@makisue, where in Ohio are you? I'm in Mount Vernon, almost dead center, and sending good wishes your way! I have a cousin
with his birthday the same day as your surgery. 2 of my aunt's have had holiday deliveries, 2 Friday to 13th, one Groundhog Day, the other Leap Year day, Halloween, New Years eve and Mothers Day. And my birthday is the day after Christmas. As far as I know, none were induced or c- sections, just the way things turned out for them.

On 3/8/2019 at 8:46 AM, SLCxn said:

MAL - my surgeon gave me a list. The best on so far that I like is Ensure Max Protein. That’s the only Ensure on this list because the others have a lot of sugar. Max is 1 gram of sugar and 30 grams of Protein. I am 4 days post op and the Max is going down pretty good. As for Vitamins I splurged on the Bariatric Advantage. They don’t taste as bad as some and I really want to avoid vomiting where I can. Downside: you have to take 2 a day and they are expensive. I wish you all the best for a comfortable recovery.

My surgeon gave me some as well, but I was just curious to see what others were using. Thank you for sharing what you used. I’m getting very anxious and excited. Thank you again, i hope the rest of your recovery is comfortable as well.

On 3/2/2019 at 1:21 AM, DwarfStarlin said:

Mine is March 7th

I had mine March 7th too! How are you feeling?

I had my Sleeve done on March 5th. I am home. Has anyone had any issues with a dry throat cough? It scares me to cough, like I'm going to pop all my stomach staples. I worry that I am not getting enough fluids, though I am still urinating regularly so take that as a good sign I am not dehydrated. I have been home since the day after surgery 3/6, but have not felt as tired as I do today. I literally feel like I could just sleep all day. Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks and good luck to you all
Still pre-op but I've heard this can be from the anesthesia and breathing tube. Are you holding a pillow to your tummy for support during cough? I've never had surgery so I can speak to tiredness. Maybe if you have Protein that is mixed with Vitamins reach for that one over just protein only shake variations. Glad you're staying hydrated!

March 18! I was wondering what everyone is using for their Liquid Protein and Vitamins. I know there is other posts on this here, but it's so overwhelming!
@MAL I am using solgar liquid Cal/mag+d3 formula and nature's plus chewable multi and chewable Iron. I have Isopure drinks + the powder version. I am attaching my haul IMG_20190310_123446.jpeg

I have surgery on Wednesday and I’m getting nervous. Down 8lbs so far from pre op diet alone. But nervous for sure.

@makisue, where in Ohio are you? I'm in Mount Vernon, almost dead center, and sending good wishes your way! I have a cousin
with his birthday the same day as your surgery. 2 of my aunt's have had holiday deliveries, 2 Friday to 13th, one Groundhog Day, the other Leap Year day, Halloween, New Years eve and Mothers Day. And my birthday is the day after Christmas. As far as I know, none were induced or c- sections, just the way things turned out for them.

I live in cincinnati! When is your surgery?