Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else experience this?

So, I've been getting dizzy when I stand up. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen regularly enough for me to notice. Well, yesterday, it happened every time I stood up; I would get so dizzy that I would just have to stand there for a minute so that I wouldn't fall over. Well, today, on top of the dizziness, there is a pressure in the back of my head when I stand up. I just spoke to a nurse and explained it to her. She asked me a few questions, and I explained that I usually get my Water in, but I haven't the last 2 days, and she thinks that could be it. Anyone else have this issue?

Yep hydration. Maybe add a pinch of pink himalayan sea salt to your Water about 3-4 times per day and get your Fluid intake up!!! Stand up slowly!!

Ooooh that's been happening to me too. Dizzy when I stand up. I haven't been so good with my Water either lately, so Imma get back on track.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, ummyasmin said:

Ooooh that's been happening to me too. Dizzy when I stand up. I haven't been so good with my Water either lately, so Imma get back on track.

Same. I drank about 112oz yesterday, and I'm hoping to get as much in today, cause I can't stand this anymore!

Drinking as I write! My MIL has a blood pressure machine so Imma go over and check it too.

This keeps happening to me too lately. Hadn't happened since well before surgery when I had high blood pressure issues. I can't imagine mine is due to dehydration because I'm getting in plenty of Water daily. I see my doctor in the next couple of weeks and plan on bringing it up.

could be low potassium as well. try some Powerade Zero or mix a banana in your Protein.

51 minutes ago, Avery's Mom said:

could be low potassium as well. try some Powerade Zero or mix a banana in your Protein.

ooo that's a good thought. I have been getting cramps in my legs more lately too. I'm gonna go get a banana

Any excuse to eat bananas is good in my book [emoji12]

20 minutes ago, FancyChristine15 said:

ooo that's a good thought. I have been getting cramps in my legs more lately too. I'm gonna go get a banana

4 days postop I ended back in the hospital with low potassium and dehydration. I cut them in 3rds and freeze them then puree with a bit of almond milk, basically like banana ice cream. I put a scoop in my Protein Drink each morning.

On 2/25/2019 at 2:14 PM, FancyChristine15 said:

So, I've been getting dizzy when I stand up. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen regularly enough for me to notice. Well, yesterday, it happened every time I stood up; I would get so dizzy that I would just have to stand there for a minute so that I wouldn't fall over. Well, today, on top of the dizziness, there is a pressure in the back of my head when I stand up. I just spoke to a nurse and explained it to her. She asked me a few questions, and I explained that I usually get my Water in, but I haven't the last 2 days, and she thinks that could be it. Anyone else have this issue?

I get it. I was told it was because of Water intake but even when I get my 64oz a day it still happens.

orthostatic hypotension. was told to drink more and add salt to everything I can. but I blacked out at Walmart this weekend so I am demanding a prescription to fix this. I drink a ton. unacceptable bs.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app