Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stall since August 2018

Has anyone stopped losing weight for a few months and then resumed losing weight? Not sure if I would call what I'm experiencing a stall, but I've been stuck between 224-231 since August. I hope I'm not done losing weight as I still would like to lose another 50 lbs and I'm currently down 86. VSG 11/22/2017.

8 hours ago, bogglesauce said:

Has anyone stopped losing weight for a few months and then resumed losing weight? Not sure if I would call what I'm experiencing a stall, but I've been stuck between 224-231 since August. I hope I'm not done losing weight as I still would like to lose another 50 lbs and I'm currently down 86. VSG 11/22/2017.

Congratulations on 86 pounds down. Six months and no weight loss must be frustrating for you. How long has it been since you last talked with your team? You may want to rule out medical issues and get ideas to start losing again.

Your last post titled “coming up with a diet plan” Are you still over eating? Have you tried some of the advice posted on your last thread?

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/423194-coming-up-with-a-diet-plan/?tab=comments#comment-4748704

You asked - (Can anyone help me come up with a diet plan? I had my surgery in November 2017 and I've only lost 55 lbs since then. Per my nutritionist's instructions, I'm supposed eat a small meal about 200 calories every 2 hours and eat up to 1400 calories. However lately, I feel totally off the rails and have been overeating.

I think I got bored eating the same thing every day for months and months. I track everything I eat but I don't drink enough Water. I don't really like Protein Shakes but I'm wondering if it might be time to try them again. What do you do when you lose control of your eating? How do you get back on board?)

Are you still logging everything? I find I lose more if I log. Try logging what your currently maintaining at. So you know what your current maintenance calories are and then subtract 500 calories from that. Eat at that reduced calorie rate and you should start losing again. I eat low calorie foods throughout the day. Making sure I always get at least 60 grams of Protein in. Things like greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and lean chicken are good low calorie options that also high in protein. I'm a slow loser and never lost my appetite so it's not always easy. But I keep plugging away at it and slowly but surely I'm getting there.

I stalled for about 4 months and have since started gaining weight back. I have put on 20 to 25 pounds in the last 6 months. It is not a good feeling to regaining weight after having weight loss surgery. I am trying to remind myself why I had the surgery in the first place and everything I put my body through after surgery, hoping that will get me back on track. I have also found a local OverEaters Anonymous meeting however I have not attended yet.

On 2/25/2019 at 3:13 PM, Healthy_life2 said:

Congratulations on 86 pounds down. Six months and no weight loss must be frustrating for you. How long has it been since you last talked with your team? You may want to rule out medical issues and get ideas to start losing again.

Your last post titled “coming up with a diet plan” Are you still over eating? Have you tried some of the advice posted on your last thread?

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/423194-coming-up-with-a-diet-plan/?tab=comments#comment-4748704

You asked - (Can anyone help me come up with a diet plan? I had my surgery in November 2017 and I've only lost 55 lbs since then. Per my nutritionist's instructions, I'm supposed eat a small meal about 200 calories every 2 hours and eat up to 1400 calories. However lately, I feel totally off the rails and have been overeating.

I think I got bored eating the same thing every day for months and months. I track everything I eat but I don't drink enough Water. I don't really like Protein Shakes but I'm wondering if it might be time to try them again. What do you do when you lose control of your eating? How do you get back on board?)

Hi there! Thank you so much for your response. A few people advised me to try intermittent fasting, so I'm taking a stab at that while also reducing my overall caloric intake and bumping up my exercise to a few days a week and even multiple times a day. Nothing extreme, just doing a 30 min walk on my lunch break during the day and then a work out at night after work.

10 hours ago, nevermore71 said:

Are you still logging everything? I find I lose more if I log. Try logging what your currently maintaining at. So you know what your current maintenance calories are and then subtract 500 calories from that. Eat at that reduced calorie rate and you should start losing again. I eat low calorie foods throughout the day. Making sure I always get at least 60 grams of Protein in. Things like greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and lean chicken are good low calorie options that also high in Protein. I'm a slow loser and never lost my appetite so it's not always easy. But I keep plugging away at it and slowly but surely I'm getting there.

Hello! Great advice - yes, I've been tracking religiously but honestly have been racking up 1400 cals or more most days. I definitely needed to dial things back to 1200 or less. Also, I'm the same as you - slow loser and never really lost my appetite either!

8 hours ago, Walter.Sobchak said:

I stalled for about 4 months and have since started gaining weight back. I have put on 20 to 25 pounds in the last 6 months. It is not a good feeling to regaining weight after having weight loss surgery. I am trying to remind myself why I had the surgery in the first place and everything I put my body through after surgery, hoping that will get me back on track. I have also found a local OverEaters Anonymous meeting however I have not attended yet.

Sorry to hear that, Walter!! I believe in you and I think that OEA meetings could be extremely beneficial. I'm here to help provide support however I can!

15 hours ago, bogglesauce said:

Sorry to hear that, Walter!! I believe in you and I think that OEA meetings could be extremely beneficial. I'm here to help provide support however I can!

Thank you, I appreciate that. It is very hard, now that the "honey moon" phase is long over with. I can pretty much eat anything I want without any major issues. The restriction is still there to a certain extent, I cannot eat nearly as much as I could before surgery but more than I could post op.