Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No weight loss

12 hours ago, DanaC84 said:

Thank you for this Sheri! I read too much on here that feels almost like fat shaming. That somehow what we’re experiencing is OUR fault and it just sounds too much like “eat this or do this and the weight will come off”. When all we’re looking for is a safe place to vent our frustration in our CURRENT position. It doesn’t mean I think I’m going to stay here forever. It’s just scary as all get out sometimes. I finally had to start thinking of it like childbirth and realize that the further some people are out from the surgery the less they remember the actual fear of the unknown and pain of the birth. They’re just happy with that baby!
I like your therapist!!!

And thank you for this Dana! I don't know if you noticed but I pretty much went silent. Thanks for making me feel like I'm not alone. 💖

On 03/16/2019 at 21:57, LoveFood said:

And thank you for this Dana! I don't know if you noticed but I pretty much went silent. Thanks for making me feel like I'm not alone. 💖

And THANK YOU for being brave enough to start this thread in the first place.
It’s been wonderful to vent and lend support and know that others are going through the exact same thing.

I started keeping a personal journal a few days after surgery because I don’t want to forget what every step of this process feels like

And Sheribear68 and the rest, apprehensive I will be joining you guys soon, I had an Iron INFUSION last Monday ( March 11th) I am scheduled for a Reclast INFUSION on the 22nd, and guess what the med sheet says? Both medicines 1st side effect? Weight gain. Oh gee doctors, and I just was 23 pounds dropped since the middle
of February! Was actually celebrating , doctors PLEASE don't ruin my HAPPY NSV, I have been working hard to do this for myself, a early springtime -📦 present for me!

7 hours ago, LoveFood said:

Yep, I get it ! You are definitely not alone {{{hugs}}}

My nut suggested lemon or cucumber Water s a diuretic . I drink 64oz of water every single day and finish my day with a half a lemon squeezed into water and generally loose half a pound . I also make sure I get an hour of cardio and weights a day , every day . Sometimes I get a 3 day stall, then drop a pound or 2. It’s pretty steady if I make sure I get my macros and exercise and water in

On 03/17/2019 at 00:10, Frustr8 said:

And Sheribear68 and the rest, apprehensive I will be joining you guys soon, I had an Iron INFUSION last Monday ( March 11th) I am scheduled for a Reclast INFUSION on the 22nd, and guess what the med sheet says? Both medicines 1st side effect? Weight gain. Oh gee doctors, and I just was 23 pounds dropped since the middle

of February! Was actually celebrating , doctors PLEASE don't ruin my HAPPY NSV, I have been working hard to do this for myself, a early springtime -📦 present for me!
Please keep us posted on how you’re doing

I came to the horrible realization today that I am almost 3 months out and I’ve only lost 25 pounds. There are a lot of people who would scold me and say that I should be grateful but I am absolutely gutted. I would never have thought that I would only lose 25 pounds by now and this is supposed to be the honeymoon period! I really do feel like my body is betraying me and I don’t think I’m ever going to get to my goal of 150. I’m honestly so depressed over this that I can’t handle it. I have wanted to lose weight for so long and I went to all of these drastic measures to do it and Things just aren’t working out for me the way they seem to work out for other people. I really hope that I can do something to get Weight loss going. The scale hasn’t really moved in weeks!! Like everyone else I am doing exactly what I was told to do and even exercising but I’m just not getting the results. This is all so depressing and I just don’t know what to do

@jasmineinmymind Wow! I feel like I could've written that myself. I guess it's slow and steady for some of us. It's extremely disheartening, but I'm sure it will all be worth it. You're not alone. Not everyone loses massive amounts of weight immediately. I'm sure the scale will start moving again for us.

There has to be a reason for this low level . U should work with ur nutritionist . Make sure u r getting Water ? And doing exercise ? Getting enough Protein ? Journaling to keep itself accountable ?

Slow and steady might not be as “fun” as fast and dramatic, but I’m going to look at this as a a chance to truly start a new lifestyle for forever.
One thing the bariatric psychiatrist was adamant about reinforcing over and over is that the good habits MUST develop during this honeymoon phase because no matter what we eat, we will lose.
The problem with that is that it will eventually catch up.
He told us in support group that the “slower” losers actually had a better long term success rate because even in the honeymoon phase, they had to watch everything that went in.
Those that are going to eat fast food or follow a non-keto diet, or who eat refined sugars are in for trouble when this phase wears off.

So it sucks to only be losing 0.2 pounds daily average for now, but I refuse to give up.
Eventually this body that loves to betray me will get whipped into shape.
Just since last week, the scale finally started moving a smidge faster. I lost 3 pounds in 8 days and I can tell a radical difference in a pair of work pants from last week to this.

Progress. Not as rapid as I’d like it, but I’ll take the progress

@ms.sss Omg yes you’re right. I was so tired last night. But yeah 2 months, still. The majority of the weight was within the first 2-3 weeks then just kinda here and there. I’m seeing my team on Thursday and will try to figure out what’s wrong

2 hours ago, jasmineinmymind said:

@ms.sss Omg yes you’re right. I was so tired last night. But yeah 2 months, still. The majority of the weight was within the first 2-3 weeks then just kinda here and there. I’m seeing my team on Thursday and will try to figure out what’s wrong

I also had my surgery on January 22nd and I've only lost 27lbs since. I was discouraged for awhile and thought I was doing something wrong too, but everyone loses at a different pace. Try not to focus on the number so much and I promise you will see results :)

21st Jan sleeve here and 30 lost. Weighed in mid week last week and had a 1 pound loss, but gained a pound and a bit back by my normal Monday weigh in, so a weekly gain. Other half was gobsmacked given I’ve never been within 600 cals of what diet app says should result in 2 pounds per week for my metabolism.

But, have been back to work for 5 weeks with struggle to stay as active, had a fortnight of introducing new foods and been ill for 3 days last week with Protein down, exercise down and carbs up. My app shows trends up for macros over last 28 days which will come in handy later. Not fretting right now as last 28 included immediate post surgery.

Even with those explanations I worry about how slow it is, but it’s still 38 down from December highest, lighter than I’ve been for 4 years, psoriasis hugely improved, more energy, on track for 50% EWL in six months, steady enough to maybe give loose skin some chance of catching up and I have totally changed how and what I eat.

I think, for me, it’s maybe psychologically easier because I never lost this big before, so I never had the gut wrench of stall then big regain. Still takes effort to let logic beat fear right now.

I cannot stay stalled if I’m not snacking and I’m eating vastly smaller quantities of better food. I’m likely readjusting cos I’ve gone from nutso all Fluid and purées to something more closely resembling a forever food plan and my body is saying ‘Yey! 70 extra calories. Store that in case this mad b***h tries that again’. Not unless someone reinvented the laws of physics.

In short, I feel for you. So much easier to post your wins rather than your glitches and hope you find a head and scale solution soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Jacqueline L said:

I also had my surgery on January 22nd and I've only lost 27lbs since. I was discouraged for awhile and thought I was doing something wrong too, but everyone loses at a different pace. Try not to focus on the number so much and I promise you will see results :)

Thats actually a little comforting to know :)

My doctor said to expect on average 1 pound a week. Slow and steady wins the race... hang in there. I'm 14 days post OP and down 16 pounds... thought it would be more and now starting pureed food today so expect it to slow down now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app