Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve revision to bypass

Yes! I just did on the 4th. The BEST thing I did. I had a pretty severe case, along with a restriction where the esophagus and stomach met. Once my surgeon got my EGD results it was scheduled fast. I had it done the following it. The risk for me was aspirating in my sleep though. Because I'm on some pretty strong sleeping meds and I didn't wake up at night when it happen. So once everything was done and ins approved I was schedule for surgery with in 72 hours

On 03/19/2019 at 19:34, Mj77803 said:

Yes! I just did on the 4th. The BEST thing I did. I had a pretty severe case, along with a restriction where the esophagus and stomach met. Once my surgeon got my EGD results it was scheduled fast. I had it done the following it. The risk for me was aspirating in my sleep though. Because I'm on some pretty strong sleeping meds and I didn't wake up at night when it happen. So once everything was done and ins approved I was schedule for surgery with in 72 hours
Same. I hit my limit when I would wake up choking on vomit and wheeze for hours after cause I aspirated some. I got approval within 24 hours. Wicked fast.

Sorry I'm new to this so I don't know how do direct to reply to messages 🤦‍♀️! I was worried I'd have to go through all the steps all over, that's what the benefits coord told me. My surgeon is phenomenal! He has listens, and takes care of the problem. I just wish I wouldn't have waited for so long.

Nervous! This time next week I’ll either be passed out on drugs or wide awake and pissed I can’t sleep. As long as the GERD stops I can take anything surgery throws at me. I think.

Hello all thank you for posting great info I have learned alot.

I was sleeved 3/18/2019 and have some severe complications. I am getting revised today to bypass. Hope this helps. I had severe acid and bile reflux. I was unable to eat or drink.

Currently waiting to be wheeled off to the ER. This was unexpected.

I was well researched on the sleeve.. now to research RYGB.

Thanks again for sharing all the great info

Just wanted to add I'm 5'06" I weighed 233 on my surgery date and weigh 206 today.

Good luck jb1809!!! Hoping for a great outcome for you! God Bless!

Hello all thank you for posting great info I have learned alot.
I was sleeved 3/18/2019 and have some severe complications. I am getting revised today to bypass. Hope this helps. I had severe acid and bile reflux. I was unable to eat or drink.
Currently waiting to be wheeled off to the ER. This was unexpected.
I was well researched on the sleeve.. now to research RYGB.
Thanks again for sharing all the great info
Just wanted to add I'm 5'06" I weighed 233 on my surgery date and weigh 206 today.
Hope all went well.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hope all went well for you today

Hi Froufrou,

I'm getting the gastric sleeve revision to gastric bypass, i'm a bit nervous, i gain most of the weight back and have had other health issues like, PCOS, arthritis in knee and diabetic along with acid re-flux. how much have you lost since the revision? was it worth it? i'm just a bit nervous.

Mj did you get the revision bc of acid reflux or weight gain? How long did it take to get approved? If it was due to Gerd, did you have to do a lot of tests to get approved? I was told I would have to do like 3 tests; scope, swallow test and another test where a device is attracted to my esophagus , I wear a device around my waist and everytime I experience acid reflux I press a button and it takes a pic and measures the amt of acid

I had it due to severe gerd, I had an edg that showed it was causing a restriction in my esophagus once they submitted it to insurance I had an approval in less then 4 days and surgery in less then 3 days

I’m a week out from surgery. I had severe reflux before. Not once since! I hiccup a bit and get chest gas pain but it could still be leftover from surgery. I’ve had a few times where I thought acid would come up but it hasn’t! I’m in the deep depression phase where I regret my surgery but in my heart of hearts I don’t even though I’m depressed and feeling low. I am taking 1x a day Prevacid for a month but even before surgery meds did nothing.