Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone get their sleeve February 2019

Sleeved 2/22... 7 days post-op and only down 9 lbs. feeling a little doubtful on this weight loss journey.

Had mine on the 18th having issues with eating. Had half a boiled egg and threw up some of it. I’m fine with liquids and pudding and Jello. Guess I’m not ready to move on to soft foods 😞

jodster64, hang in there. That is more than a pound a day! I don't know how much you want to lose, but a pound a day is really great.

Kmanigat, sorry you are had trouble with the egg. I had a little trouble with hardboiled eggs, but poached egg, done very lightly, goes down easy. Good luck.

Had mine on the 18th having issues with eating. Had half a boiled egg and threw up some of it. I’m fine with liquids and pudding and Jello. Guess I’m not ready to move on to soft foods [emoji20]
I would try a soft scrambled egg before a boiled egg, easier on the tummy. I had my surgery the 19th and so far I haven't had many issues, but I've been making sure to chew really well and wait in between each bite. I've had yogurt, jello, very mashed cottage cheese, avocado, a soft scrambled egg, refried Beans and chili (pureed in a blender) plus the broth and strained Soups from the earlier stage. Take it slow and you'll get there!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 3/1/2019 at 11:01 AM, kmanigat said:

Had mine on the 18th having issues with eating. Had half a boiled egg and threw up some of it. I’m fine with liquids and pudding and Jello. Guess I’m not ready to move on to soft foods 😞

When I first moved to soft foods I was having problems with eggs too. I found that egg salad and a poached egg as long as it wasn't overcooked was fine. I can now tolerate soft boiled or scrambled egg but I make sure not to overcook it. The softer the easier it is.

18 hours ago, jodster64 said:

Had mine on the 22nd and have only been able to tolerate Water, Liquid Protein, small amounts of yogurt and broth.

I had mine on the 22ns also. My dr doesn't want me to have anything but liquids which I'm doing great on. Trying to take it slow. Just started wanted more food

Sleeved on 2/27. I am totally out of energy, sore, and can’t seem to sip slowly enough. Lot of belching. My program told me not to worry about Protein in the first week, but will I feel better if I have some?

On 2/28/2019 at 4:04 PM, Catherine Wible said:

I had my Surgery on the 19th. Was in for a Duodenal switch, but due to a drop in my O2 levels, my surgeon quit after the sleeve was done. I started my weight loss journey in May of 2018 at 399 pounds. I am 63 and 5'5". I lost 63 pounds prior to surgery, and at 9 days out now, I am down another 13 pounds. I am a little worried that I am doing too well after surgery. By that I mean, I have been able to eat everything I have tried, no nausea, very little pain, and I am never really hungry. Getting all my pills down with just sips of Water is a challenge, takes me forever a sip at a time.

Thank you for posting. I was worried about doing good too. Sleeved 2/25. Been able to drink everything so far. Yoghurt was even good. Did fill full after buy not uncomfortable. Even pills are going for good. I'm 58. It's never to late.

Hi Everyone. Sleeved 2/25. So far so good. Pain is easing up. No problem with drinking my fluids so far. Stomach let's me know when to stop. Getting 30gm of Protein in so far with shakes. Trying yogurt later with a little protein power, fingers crossed. Everyone sounds like they are finding what they need to be doing for themselves which is fantastic since it is all about us working together doing what we need to do. I seem to be the only one on here with a heart issue which requires a blood thinner. As a result I'm having tarry stools. I have a call out to my doctor. Also have blood work scheduled for tomorrow. At best I hoping to stop one of the thinners but have a sick feeling I might have to go back into the hospital. Not letting this get the best of me. I can continue with progress. Reading everyone's post has been so uplifting. Sorry took me so long to get caught up and post. I' be been walking in the house and the gas is improving. Was constipated took some mom and that resolved it. Miralax, and Smooth Move tea had been suggested on other boards. Trying them next. I have to check my weight every day for Water retention. I 'm good as long as the numbers don't go up. Bonus when they go down. I'd been at a stall for over a year and up till surgery was going to cardiac rehab gym 3x a week for cardio and strength training. Had a good amount of non weight success dropping almost 2 pant sizes. Didn't mean to carry on so long, just wanted to catch you all up.

Hi All! It’s really nice to have found a place with encouragement and great information!

I was sleeved 2/19. So far I’m down 13 lbs. but it’s slowed somewhat ... it’ll stand still for a day or 2 then drop 1-2 lbs again. Is that normal?

Also.... does anyone have advice or recipes for week 3? Honestly if I never see Jell-O or pudding again it may be too soon.

I was also had sleeve surgery on the 19th. I am down 20 lbs. I know what you mean about the Jello and pudding, but for me it is yogurt and Protein shakes!! I am loving the egg drop Soup though. Homemade or takeout, though I have to say takeout is the best. Poached eggs and cottage cheese and pineapple pureed are also up on my list!