Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

eggs were tough. I can do 2 fried but only 1 hard boiled. Scrambled still gives me fits so I avoid it.

Been doing well I guess .. I suck at Protein intake and Water intake and miss coffee:( of all things that my body decided not to tolerate it ended up being coffee!!!

I started at my HW 242 and my CW is 145 so not too bad I go for my 9 month visit on the 22nd so we will see what they say:)

Wishing everyone the best in the new year!!

Hello all! New member here! My surgery was April 9th and I've lost 71lbs so far. I've been experiencing a stall for the last 3 months and am very frustrated! 😔

I am feeling ya both.. I stalled out and I know that I am not doing what I should be, I am doing much better than I was before the surgery but I know I am not counting and such I do measure while at home but not while out. I do snack since my nutritionist said I could have 1 a day... but I usually have 2 but they are fruit or nuts nothing too awful.

3 hours ago, Miss Liss said:

Hello all! New member here! My surgery was April 9th and I've lost 71lbs so far. I've been experiencing a stall for the last 3 months and am very frustrated! 😔

3 hours ago, Feeling_Sleevey said:

I have lost about 80 and I'm stuck. I'm stuck because of my own fault. I'm not eating or exercising the way I should! I don't want to go back where I started so I need to get it together!

2 hours ago, Alwzla8 said:

I am feeling ya both.. I stalled out and I know that I am not doing what I should be, I am doing much better than I was before the surgery but I know I am not counting and such I do measure while at home but not while out. I do snack since my nutritionist said I could have 1 a day... but I usually have 2 but they are fruit or nuts nothing too awful.

You guys can do it! The holidays are over. Now is the time to recommit yourself and get the scale moving again.

What has helped me is eating my Protein first and stopping right when I start to feel full. I'm a pretty fast eater and I don't take my time to eat just so I can eat the whole portion. Listen to your stomach not your mind when you want another bite. I don't count right now either I just try to keep track of my protein.

P.S. Welcome Miss Liss 😊

Edited by justmetj

4 hours ago, Miss Liss said:

I feel you! My VSG was April 15. My SW was 227, CW is 162...65 lbs gone, but have been at a stall for a month. I have to admit that I don’t get near 64 oz of fluids a day and I’m not exercising yet, so I’m hoping if I tweak this the scale will start moving again.

Hi I had BPDS Switch on April 2. I have lost 101 pounds since surgery and around 140 since starting the process. Main issue I am having is I have swelling in my lower legs very day due to low Protein and pre albumin levels. I am now taking additional supplements for Iron along with my bariatric Vitamins. Glad to hear everyone checking in!

Highest Weight 264

Surgery Weight 224

Current Weight 123

Vsg 4/4/19

Hw 270

Sw 251

Cw 199

However, my lowest was 184.

Ive not been doing so well, with the healthy eating the last 2-3 months or so and Im super bummed about it.

Pathetic Pity Party, for 1 please?! 😟

I feel like I have totally wasted this post-op 'honeymoon'. Its almost like all the good attention and progress I have made has almost sabotaged my mind. Ill think 'Ive done so good!', really feel like Ive got this. Ya know...no big deal if I eat this ________, Ive lost 70 pounds. But then I carry on, creeping on the weight pound by pound. Wtf man. So stupid. Why am I doing this to myself?!

Updating since my surgery. It's been a very emotional journey for me. A few months after my surgery i was losing a decent amount of weight. I was doing fine at first. But the growing issue I had on my end was my family. I'm asian. Sometimes, asians see things more of a materialistic look. You have to be skinny and pretty. you're nothing if your fat. No one will want to be with you. Growing up, I dealt with my dad making fun of me at my birthday parties or just social events. They did it believing this will 'make me wanna lose weight'. But of course. It only killed my self-worth. I didn't do it to be skinny, I needed to do it because of the health and other medical issues that added on to it. Losing weight was a bonus, but not the main reason. I wanted to live. I didn't want to die at such a young age.

So when they found out I was doing this surgery. They were very supportive...But that quickly changed when I didn't lose enough in their eyes. They would compare me to other people going "but this person lost this much!".

My mother would stick to my hip whenever I went to my doctor's visits to see how much I lost. But the number wasn't to her satisfaction. She wanted or expected much more. The look of disappointment and disgust was what I had to deal with. Days before my appointments, she would call me. "you better lose this much!!!" or "you cheated on your diet, didn't you!! I didn't see you lose weight!!. you cheated!!" I was losing weight with each appointment. But it was never enough. I would start hyperventilating. Crying. I was struggling with myself mentally. I almost gave up soo many times. It was just so easy, to give in to someone's disappointment, then to prove them wrong sometimes.

But, in the end. I couldn't deal with it anymore. I cut my parents off from visiting the doctors with me. I refuse to tell them the numbers anymore. I started avoiding them if they choose to start a conversation about my weight or the issues they had with me. I still got a long way to go. I've lost weight. Maybe not as much as I would hope for. But i don't think the numbers bother me. I exercise. I eat what I'm supposed to.

I get lazy sometimes. lol. Eatting is hard sometimes for me. Exercising has it's up and downs. But I just find other activities to make up for it. Walk around the mall with friends, going to social events. just hanging out. Anything to keep my feet going. I'm happy where I'm at right now. And i'll keep working towards my goal. But I'm in a good mental state now compared to how I was over the summer.

I'm sorry for my wall of text. But I hope my words, helped anyone out there that is feeling low. Try not to think about the numbers too much. But pay attention to the changes to your body. Muscles beneath that fat, loose skins. You might not hit that goal this month. But the changes you see along the body make up for it sometimes. If you make mistakes. It's okay. Just keep going forward. We are only human. And humans are good at recovering from mistakes. If we allow ourselves to. ^_^.

-Nami

Edited by Nami

Hi Ya'll!

Today is my one year surgery anniversary!! Just thought I'd pop in to see how everybody is doing.... I can't believe it's already been a year! It went by super fast. I'm so glad I did it and I'm almost to my goal weight....

Lots of love!!!

Just crossed my 1 year mark. Still short of the goal weight but I am happier with myself. Best decision I ever made and wish I did it sooner.

On 4/24/2020 at 9:30 AM, Sberryblond said:

My 1 year anniversary was April 15. It did go by fast! I’m not to my goal weight yet, but I’m close! One of the best decisions I’ve ever made!

I agree, awesome decision for me, too!

On 5/5/2020 at 7:17 AM, Brent701 said:

Just crossed my 1 year mark. Still short of the goal weight but I am happier with myself. Best decision I ever made and wish I did it sooner.

That's great! I totally wish I had done it sooner, too. Good luck and keep at it! I'm still in disbelief at how fast the year went...