Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 05/24/2019 at 03:16, BigWill619 said:

@Alwzla8 ,, I was thinking the same thing about myself .. I had my sleeve done on 4-10-19 .. I went in at 261 .. I’m currently at 228 , i thought I would have lost more weight by now since the amount of food I’m able to consume is SO small and I’ve started going to the gym about 2 weeks ago .. I’ve read lots about it and turns out losing 30 lbs in 4 to 8 weeks is normal and the mistake I’ve been making is not having enough Water .. just can’t stand drinking plain Water ,, but it’s essential in helping the weight go down faster . Stay encouraged and continue on the plan and the weight will start to fall off .. I’m right there with you 👍🏼
@BigWill619 so true, excellent response! I hope you’ve been doing well. It’s encouraging to read all the comments, it’s so supportive. Take care.

I had mine April 3rd and was 276. Now 237. The average for the first 3 months is 30 to 40 lbs and the same for the 3rd to 6 month. So that means in 6 months you will lose between 60 to 80 lbs on average. I hate the taste of Water so I use Mio in everything. I think you are on target.

On 05/14/2019 at 08:48, Alwzla8 said:

Been a while since I posted, nice to read all the updates. I had my sleeve done on 4/9 and so far weight loss is 26 pounds from that morning:) I am still on mushy food until June 12 not that I am watching the calendar very closely lol.. But I have noticed that I can not eat a full 2oz like they say.. Does anyone else have this issue? I can get 1/2oz - maybe a little over an ounce but by then my stomach is so uncomfortable I know it is time to stop. I am having a hard time with the Protein I am now at the point every time I start to drink one I want to puke.

@Alwzla8 I can only eat teeny amounts also. However I’m ok on getting Protein Drinks down. I have a tasteless Protein Powder and mix it with frozen raspberries, ice, carrot , celery and ginger juice. It’s delicious. But you can add it to anything hot or cold.

I hope you’ve been doing ok.

Thank you all... I’ve turned to Protein Water and no shakes for now. I did buy the flavorless whey and will add that in again soon. I am losing slowly now I know it’s lack of gym and maybe lower protein and water intake but gonna keep trying!! Hope you all are doing well:)

On 05/11/2019 at 22:21, Tallymom said:

Hi all. I had surgery April 3 at 260 lbs and am down 19 lbs. Frustrated last two weeks as my body is changing but I am down from losing 5 lbs a week to 2 lbs a week. I am getting all Water, Protein, Vitamins and walking 3 miles/day. I’m eating 800 calories/day. I know it’s not a stall but I am surprisingly down about it this morning. Big sigh.
@Tallymom I hope you’ve been doing well. I hope the frustration has passed. You are doing the best you can and changing your habits.

I’m also trying to find where you responded to one of my comments but can’t seem to find it.

You are so supportive to others, back yourself, you’ve got this.

Thinking of you and wishing you everything. Love 💕

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:10 AM, Romanoloser said:

Hi everyone I haven't posted in a bit. Surgery April 9th. Since surgery I have been craving pickles, and I eat one every night. Has anyone else had this weird craving??

Starting Weight 251

Surgery Weight 238

Current Weight 208

No but I did crave salty things for quite a while after my bypass. :) Now I am having trouble getting in all the fluids that I should. I have taken to watermelon and popcycles to fill the Water gap. How are you on fluids?

On 6/12/2019 at 11:32 PM, TheFlinstones said:

@Tallymom I hope you’ve been doing well. I hope the frustration has passed. You are doing the best you can and changing your habits.

I’m also trying to find where you responded to one of my comments but can’t seem to find it.

You are so supportive to others, back yourself, you’ve got this.

Thinking of you and wishing you everything. Love 💕

I’m doing well thanks. Even lost 3 lbs while on vacay for 12 days and admit I had a few glasses of wine. 🙂. Which reply were you looking for? Good health to you!

Quick update . I had my 2nd appointment since my surgery on April 29th and I am down 28 lbs since surgery and 44 overall. My doctor and dietitian said everything is going well and cleared me for all food and weight training. I have been spinning 2-3 days a week and on other days I do the treadmill and elliptical machine. I will begin exercising with weights this week. Food wise I get in at least 53 grams of Protein ( but need to increase to at least 60 grams) and 48-64 oz of Water depending on my day. My next appointment is at the end of July and my goal is to be below 200 by then.

I hope all of my April buddies are doing well and wishing everyone the best of health.

Surgery date 4/29/19.

Starting weight 260 lbs

Surgery Weight 244 lbs

Current weight-216 lbs

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:36 AM, SusieQ2019 said:

Quick update . I had my 2nd appointment since my surgery on April 29th and I am down 28 lbs since surgery and 44 overall. My doctor and dietitian said everything is going well and cleared me for all food and weight training. I have been spinning 2-3 days a week and on other days I do the treadmill and elliptical machine. I will begin exercising with weights this week. food wise I get in at least 53 grams of Protein ( but need to increase to at least 60 grams) and 48-64 oz of Water depending on my day. My next appointment is at the end of July and my goal is to be below 200 by then.

I hope all of my April buddies are doing well and wishing everyone the best of health.

Surgery date 4/29/19.

Starting weight 260 lbs

Surgery Weight 244 lbs

Current weight-216 lbs

Great Job! you are doing well. I am also loosing well. I have lost almost 40 pounds now yeah! Sometimes when I want to eat I get mad at my belly, but when I step on the scale I love it. I have a love hate relationship with my belly LOL . I NEVER would have lost this much weight without the surgery.

Hi team April... how is everyone doing?

3 hours ago, Brent701 said:

Hi team April... how is everyone doing?

I'm doing great! I'm down 64.7 lbs. since my surgery and I feel so much better already. I'm off my blood pressure pills and EVERYTHING is easier now. I don't feel self conscious anymore either. I didn't realize how much that affected my life.

Looks like you're doing great too! Congratulations! 😁

54 minutes ago, justmetj said:

I'm doing great! I'm down 64.7 lbs. since my surgery and I feel so much better already. I'm off my blood pressure pills and EVERYTHING is easier now. I don't feel self conscious anymore either. I didn't realize how much that affected my life.

Looks like you're doing great too! Congratulations! 😁

That’s great!! I am down 71 pounds as of this morning. I don’t feel so weighted down by the extra weight. Having fun doing things I couldn’t do with my 11 yr old son:)

Hope everyone else is doing well😊

Wow. Everyone is killing it! Congratulations you all.

I am down 77 pounds. Finally broke my most extended stall yet this morning. Yay!

I haven't been logging as much as I should. I plan to get back on it asap.

Haven’t been on in awhile, but figured I’d throw in an update since my surgery. I’m 6’2” so that helps a little bit with the weight loss, I guess? Lol but my SW was 307, and for about a week or so now I’ve been holding steady at 207. Down 100 pounds and feeling fantastic. I wish I had got this surgery sooner. I honestly wasn’t expecting to get down below 210, it’s incredible. I hope one day I’ll be able to sit down and do a very in-depth post to share for those getting the surgery and give a little inspiration to others. You’re all awesome! Keep up the good work!