Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone I haven't posted in a bit. Surgery April 9th. Since surgery I have been craving pickles, and I eat one every night. Has anyone else had this weird craving??

Starting Weight 251
Surgery Weight 238
Current Weight 208
I had the same thing! Except I ate the pickle pops. So good

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

58 minutes ago, naiad said:

I had the same thing! Except I ate the pickle pops. So good

I will have to try those.

Were almost surgery twins! My VGS was on 4/15. My HW was 227, pre-surg 218 and I’m at 198 now (I’m 5’1”). I’ve felt the same way, especially since I was at 199 for 5 days! But I’m down 2 shirt sizes and 1 pant size, so I know I’m losing! Just trying to stay positive...get to start regular foods Monday!
Hi Sberry, yea we are. Im 5'3", my pre surgery weight was 238 and I just weighted myself this morning and I am at 199.8. The weight loss has been moving slower as I had lost 22 pounds in the first 2 weeks after surgery. I am down a shirt size it fits a little big but comfortably, everybody is telling me to buy smaller but I dont like anything to hug my belly. And I am down from a 20 pants to a 16. This is a huge step because my belly has been my problem for a while so I wasnt able to buy normal jeans. I dont go back to the doctor until 6/5...hoping to lose another 5 lbs before then. Stay positive you are doing great!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey fellow April'ers!

I'm glad everyone is doing so well.

SD: 4.9.2018

PSW: 274

SW: 262

CW: 236.6

On 5/25/2019 at 8:30 PM, naiad said:

Anyone not able to eat eggs? ! My new stomach revolts when I eat them!

eggs are very filling for me im able to eat only 1. I started them early in my puree phase but it was advised to me it would be more tolerable once softs start (Thursday hopefully). They get a little easier every time.

I’m just wondering how anyone is going with acid reflux/heartburn?

Dr gave me medication for this for the first month after surgery. And since I’ve finished it, it bothers me a little during the day and then at night time wakes me up. I’m hoping it’s not for life! (Catastrophysing)

I hope everyone is doing well.

I’m struggling getting Water down over the day. I know I’m dehydrated. Water needs to be attached to you on a camelback backpack.

I also find it easier to have Protein Shakes than real food as real food still seems to sit a little uncomfortable and I can hardly eat anything if I do (which is obviously the whole point of the surgery!) hehe

Anyway I’ve written far more than I thought. Take care everyone xo

Surgery 10/4/2019

Since surgery I’ve lost 56.1 lbs...

So far it’s given me relief from knee pain, can finally put shoes on more comfortably (my stomach/belly has shrunk so I can reach easily now), I’m able to do more during my days physically, still unfit though, very slowly regaining strength in my legs, sleeping better.

That’s just a few.

Definitely not hungry.

26 minutes ago, TheFlinstones said:

I’m just wondering how anyone is going with acid reflux/heartburn?

Dr gave me medication for this for the first month after surgery. And since I’ve finished it, it bothers me a little during the day and then at night time wakes me up. I’m hoping it’s not for life! (Catastrophysing)

I hope everyone is doing well.

I’m struggling getting Water down over the day. I know I’m dehydrated. Water needs to be attached to you on a camelback backpack.

I also find it easier to have Protein Shakes than real food as real food still seems to sit a little uncomfortable and I can hardly eat anything if I do (which is obviously the whole point of the surgery!) hehe

Anyway I’ve written far more than I thought. Take care everyone xo

My Dr. put me on acid reflux medication for two months. Maybe you can call and have them do another refill. This will give you a chance to loose more weight and hopefully alleviate any weight related reflux.

I'm in the same boat with the water. I did better in the beginning drinking my water than I'm doing now. I may get a water reminder app on my phone and see if that helps.

I know the Protein Shakes are so convenient. I still drink one about every other day. They're quick and easy on your stomach and if you're like me some days my stomach feels like it just doesn't tolerate food as well as others. So weird but I guess we're still healing.

It sounds like you're doing great on the weight loss and are having some nice non scale victories. Congratulations on your progress and I hope your reflux gets better with time. 😊

I am discouraged about going out to eat. I went out to brunch for the first time since surgery and I had a Greek omelet. I was only capable of eating about 3-4 small pieces and ended up taking the rest home. I also struggled with my Water intake this past weekend.

A Greek omelet, oooh Yum Yum! I really don't care much for eggs, but in the case of a Greek one, I will forego my repulsion.
Snicker-snicker, I taught L.L.(short for Late Lamented) to make his own eggs when I called it "Some poor hens miscarriage" never could please him with my egg cookery, he liked his Over Easy, that's where the white is set, but the yoke is still So runny it coats the back of your throat! Yucky to the INTH 👎degree!