Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 hours ago, LeaG said:

Thank you. I am trying so hard. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I see my surgeon on the 20th. I hope he then places me on the soft food diet.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using BariatricPal mobile app

On May 18 it will be a month since my surgery. I never had a problem with liquids other than I never really felt full. I still however, have a problem getting the Protein Shakes down. To me they are way to sweet. Even with that I am down about 33lbs from my post surgery weigh in, I am also hoping that I get the go ahead for more solid/semi solod foods. I have been mashing down chicken and Turkey meatballs for the last week to try and get more Protein in...I tried to puree them but I couldnt get past the texture so I just make sure to mash them as good as possible and then chew each bite at least 20-30 times. I also bought baby food for some different tastes. Mostly the fruit but some veges like carrots, sweet potatoes and squash. You got this, remember everyone is different!

I would take feeling full anytime over feeling Ready to Puke, today there are Storm Clouds in my heart and I wonder if it will turn worse rapidly. Tried some Bran Buds this am, trying to add Fiber in the hopes I will become more regular with #2. NOW WHAT?

I have trouble with the Protein Shakes as well. I bought the unflavored Protein isolate (I like the Isopure unflavored whey protein isolate) from Amazon. For 1 scoop, you get 25 g protein. You can add it to anything. Yogurt, Soup, smoothie, cottage cheese... I sometimes make my own shake with 1 scoop protein, 8 Oz either skim, coconut, or almond milk, a little vanilla extract, a tsp cocoa, sweetener, and a couple ice cubes... Have to wait a few minutes for the foam to settle it, but the Protein Powder has no flavor or aftertaste. That is my go to rescue to get the protein in when I'm struggling.

I will have to try that!!

I have trouble with the Protein Shakes as well. I bought the unflavored Protein isolate (I like the Isopure unflavored whey protein isolate) from Amazon. For 1 scoop, you get 25 g protein. You can add it to anything. Yogurt, Soup, smoothie, cottage cheese... I sometimes make my own shake with 1 scoop protein, 8 Oz either skim, coconut, or almond milk, a little vanilla extract, a tsp cocoa, sweetener, and a couple ice cubes... Have to wait a few minutes for the foam to settle it, but the Protein Powder has no flavor or aftertaste. That is my go to rescue to get the protein in when I'm struggling.
I'm gonna try this sounds good

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I went for my first post surgery run. It felt good, though I walked up the hills. I’m starting to feel more like myself again.

I’m on purées still, but can start introducing in some soft foods on Thursday. My fluids are going down better, as are my shakes, though I’m struggling to get my whole shake in since I went back to work.

My weightloss stalled for a week and a half. I’m glad I started running again, so that I can focus on progressing with that instead of being so emotionally tied to what the scale is doing.

i hope everyone is doing well, and seeing improvements each day in how they feel.

Evening All - Today is “2” weeks post RNY - I’m doing well most days - however I still get put out by the weird feeling when I don’t have enough Water or Protein - you know the “Hazy” drunk feeling... or is it just me?? Just when I think I got this - I get that feeling and I just push my way through- walk - and I start feeling normal. The one thing that scary is when I’m picking up or washing dishes - and I get this burning pain on my left side - it scares me silly. But, I guess this too shall pass, and I just have to trust the process.
Praying all are well and staying g positive.
Surgery: 4/30
HW 240
SW 228
CW 216

💜💜💜💜

Hi cmedina_75;

my date was April 30th....How are you doing?

Soo very frustrated! I’m stuck for almost 2 weeks at the same weight, after losing 22 pounds since my surgery on April 3rd. What am I doing wrong??? Ok, maybe the Water intake is a bit low but still... I eat lots of Protein, take all my Vitamins, eat around 700 calories per day and zero losing 😡 I feel very low energy, and exercising is very difficult, I can barely get through the day at work, and it’s more of an office job. Any hints?

2 hours ago, Anacat said:

Soo very frustrated! I’m stuck for almost 2 weeks at the same weight, after losing 22 pounds since my surgery on April 3rd. What am I doing wrong??? Ok, maybe the Water intake is a bit low but still... I eat lots of Protein, take all my Vitamins, eat around 700 calories per day and zero losing 😡 I feel very low energy, and exercising is very difficult, I can barely get through the day at work, and it’s more of an office job. Any hints?

We are surgery twins and I am stalled too. Very frustrating. I am on 800 calories and doing everything right too. I’m just trying to focus on the long-term because I know my tool will work in the long run. Hang in there and PM me anytime.

Had anyone traveled for work in pureed stage? I'm finding it super difficult to stay in purees. I've had to eat mashed potatoes or tuna and those are not on my list. I eat a very small amount and mostly drink my Protein. I'm hopeful it hasn't ruined anything. I sent a note to my nutritionist. Just worried

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, Tallymom said:

We are surgery twins and I am stalled too. Very frustrating. I am on 800 calories and doing everything right too. I’m just trying to focus on the long-term because I know my tool will work in the long run. Hang in there and PM me anytime.

I’m Aril 3rd too

I’m not losing much

I’ve stopped weighing as I’d only lost 9 pound in six weeks since surgery but I lost a lot pre op

just trusting what I’m doing is correct and hoping it will come off eventually

saw my surgeon yesterday and he’s very happy with me

I lost 8kg in the month prior to starting pre op

First day of Pre op weight 99kg

surgery date weight 90 kg

yesterday weight 84.6 kg

slow but sure