Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DON'T BE DOWN! Even when you don't rapidly drop pounds you will drop inches. And it's All Good! Remember sometimes you are not a Race Car but a Jalopy chug-a-chugging along. We still get to our goals, it is an eventual process but it does happen. And sometimes slow and easy is,better for,YOY in the long run!

Thank you for this...im 4 weeeks out and was losing a poubd a day then when i started back hiking and Water aerobics and walking I stopped losing weight. I haven't really paid attention to inches cuz everything is so baggy on me...time to get the tape measure out.
HW:240
SW:199
CW;182
Ht 5'

Sent from my VS986 using BariatricPal mobile app

Tape measure out- stretched out sweats Bye Bye- sounds like a Good Game plan for TODAY!

Thank you all for your words of wisdom. The nutritionist took my measurements before surgery. I will have to get those from her. And 104 lbs in a year? Didn’t think about it like that. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Anyone else having surgery in April? Maybe we can find surgery twins here. I thought I could start it off by asking a few questions.

When is your surgery? April 4th
What kind of surgery? Revision from sleeve to Mini Gastric Bypass
Height? 5’8”
Starting weight? 285
Goal weight? 175

Hi CajunSam, Just had Gastric Sleeve Surgery on 4/18/19. Seem to be doing well, down 33 pounds from starting pre-surgery weight.

Height - 5'4"
Starting weight - 238 lbs
Goal weight - 138 lbs

Hope your surgery went well

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had RNY on Monday, 4/29/19. I gained 14 lbs in the first 3 days after surgery. The nurses were always hanging new bags of liquids. The Dr said I must have been very dehydrated upon admittance.
No one told me that I could GAIN weight after surgery. I was shocked and disappointed when I got on the scale for the first post-surgery weigh-in!!! I’ve lost all 14 lbs in the first 12 days but I still feel as though I’m on an up-hill battle. My mind can’t wrap around the idea that I WILL lose weight because I’ve not been able to lose weight on my own. I’m past ready to continue this journey!

Been a while since I posted, nice to read all the updates. I had my sleeve done on 4/9 and so far weight loss is 26 pounds from that morning:) I am still on mushy food until June 12 not that I am watching the calendar very closely lol.. But I have noticed that I can not eat a full 2oz like they say.. Does anyone else have this issue? I can get 1/2oz - maybe a little over an ounce but by then my stomach is so uncomfortable I know it is time to stop. I am having a hard time with the Protein I am now at the point every time I start to drink one I want to puke.

Hi 👋🏻 everyone! I haven’t posted in a while but have thought about everyone.

Sending love and light to all. Remember it’s a process. Take your time. Be kind to yourself.

Been a while since I posted, nice to read all the updates. I had my sleeve done on 4/9 and so far weight loss is 26 pounds from that morning:) I am still on mushy food until June 12 not that I am watching the calendar very closely lol.. But I have noticed that I can not eat a full 2oz like they say.. Does anyone else have this issue? I can get 1/2oz - maybe a little over an ounce but by then my stomach is so uncomfortable I know it is time to stop. I am having a hard time with the Protein I am now at the point every time I start to drink one I want to puke.
I cant drink the protein either...it tastes so sweet. One of my friends said to freeze it and eat it like ice cream....I'm gonna try that. I am also having a hard time going #2...its awful. I feel if I eat liquids or purees all day that I never feel full. It's weird. I bought chicken meatballs and started to mush them up and put it with some mashed potatoes or I make some Soup with it

I just joined bariatric pals. I had my surgery 04.30.19
I HATE the post op liquid diet. It is necessary, but I am doing everything I can to not kill anyone. Lol

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using BariatricPal mobile app

It is hard, remember it's just temporary...you got this!

It is rough -But you are Tuff- you're going to still make it through-- This is something I can guarantee YOU.
Day by Day small steps👣 until you make it to where you should ve!