Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

They told me before I was cleared that divorce is something that happens in a large % of people. Maybe talk to your spouse and try to get the the bottom of the negativity

9 minutes ago, Marc M. said:

Anyone else out there that is struggling with a spouse/significant either that is reacting negatively to you having surgery?

My husband has been really supportive so far. It's only been a month for us coming out of surgery and maybe your spouse just needs time to adjust to the "new you". It's probably quite different for them to get used to us needing to take time now to take care of ourselves more than we were pre-surgery, both physically and nutritionally. Try explaining that you're doing this for them and your family so you can be the best husband and father you can be.

April Gastric Bypass surgery

April 2019

Congratulations to You All,mow your First Month Post-Surgery has started, may all of Your Paths be Smooth!

Hello ladies I'm 4 days post OP and I'm feeling great today!!! Started my Proteins today and the only problem is when I sip the spasm in my stomach dont help. Will that go away soon? And when I sip and it hurts do I keep sipping or stop?

Slow it way down.

Hello ladies I'm 4 days post OP and I'm feeling great today!!! Started my Proteins today and the only problem is when I sip the spasm in my stomach dont help. Will that go away soon? And when I sip and it hurts do I keep sipping or stop?
Yes slow it down n sip it in 30 mins...that is painful to feel... Jus grateful it doesn't last long!

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using BariatricPal mobile app

On 4/30/2019 at 5:32 AM, mgrand said:

Are you getting enough Water and Protein? And exercising?

Hi

no I’m trying to drink more but making my stomach spasm and feel sick x

April 4th here!

5' 3"

HW: 269

SW: 251.2

CW: 222

GW: 150-ish

Ladies I'm 6 day post OP and today I've been having bad stomach spasm on and off, should I be concerned? Thanks

Ladies I'm 6 day post OP and today I've been having bad stomach spasm on and off, should I be concerned? Thanks
In my opinion, it's pretty common. If they gave you hyoscyamine, you can use that for spasms. It helped me a ton!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

April 11 vsg
Hw:249
Sw: 221
Cw: 207

I haven't been on the forum since surgery, but it's been going great. Surgery day was awful in terms of being uncomfortable and nauseated. Day 2 was better and I was determined to go home so I made sure to get my liquids in on schedule otherwise I would have had to stay in the hospital until I could meet their guidelines.

I had incision pain, but only took gabapentin, the narcotics didn't help and made me loopy and I was worried about dependence since I'm susceptible to that.

I started back swimming last week (2.5 weeks from surgery). I do a deep Water aerobics class twice a week, but haven't gotten back to lap swimming yet.

I'm still on pureed food but have cheated with a little bit of meat here and there, but I have no problem with meat. I had a couple instances of pushing my restrictions because I ate egg salad too fast. I need to work on slowing down eating, but pureed foods go down quick.

Overall I'm very happy with the results, lack of complications and the fact that I have a whole new wardrobe available to me (lost weight once before taking Saxenda, gained it all back after I stopped the meds, but kept all the skinny clothes.)

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Monster is checking in to report she is at 221 pounds so far (surgery was April 1, 2019), and I discovered today by going to the thrift store I can fit into size 12 Lululemon yoga pants. The black ones. You know the ones! They fit!!! Plus a gorgeous velvet dress I would have never gotten into two months ago, or even one: bought it today for $10 and........ IT. FITS.

~swoon~

A girl could get used to this 😄

Transparency: what I am able to eat now, one month into the pouch:

Almonds and other roasted, salted nuts - the pouch loves them

Brussels sprouts - boiled until soft, then salted and/or roasted - the pouch loves them

Cooked beets - a little touchy but can handle them in moderation

Those little Protein packs that contain almonds, Colby Jack cubes and ham/turkey cubes at Ralphs - loves em

Sardines - it likes them, can handle in moderation - very high protein though so I make sure to eat them

Red Bull and I know I shouldn't - pouch likes it

Red wine and I know I shouldn't - pouch OK with it but no buzz. Alcohol has no effect (disclaimer this is unusual, do not use alcohol unless your surgeon and nutritionist say you can). Very weird. Pouch treats it as Kool-Aid and I am unsure why. But I cannot overdrink. About an ounce is far as I can go before pouch fills and stops me.

V-8 tomato/veggie drink: recommended. Almost nothing makes body and pouch both as happy.

cheese - pouch likes cheeses but finds cheddar a bit tough to digest, prefers Colby Jack etc

What the pouch cannot stand:

Prunes which is sad: they loosen me up and I like the taste. Pouch says firm no

eggs of any kind, again which is sad. I loved them

Most meats, but I'm a former vegan, I can do without as long as I find sufficient replacement protein

Most vegetables so far. This makes me ANGRY. Will continue to test, try, and gently adapt the pouch to em

Things pouch looks sideeye at me if I even consider eating, so I have not and will not:

Anything crunchy/salty with points and edges such as chips, pretzels and my beloved avocado Triscuits 😭

Milk of any kind

Sweets, but then I hated those anyway, good riddance

Eating more than about 400-450 calories per day. It's difficult. It is truly HARD. I have a big day of what I think is eating then measure everything, check the calories I had and find I just cannot reach 500 calories. Can't do it. This is a work in progress. Every day is an opportunity to trick the pouch into accepting a healthy food. It's very cunning. It knows what it wants (450 tops) and will manipulate to get it. Nobody warned me of this. Seems ideal doesn't it? Wait until you get here. The low calorie intake will worry you. Taking Vitamins like crazy to help.

Stuff I used to love but mysteriously do not crave now:

Coca Cola/Pepsi and similar products, sugar free or not. For some reason the taste for this is just not there.

Breads, chips, salty crunchies except nuts, or sweets. No desire whatsoever.

Hamburger type meat, burgers, steaks, hot dogs, chili - no desire for em

Sushi. This was my big one. My super crave. Now I drive right past a sushi joint and don't care. Scary

But new yoga pants in skinny girl size FIT. Vintage 1950's cocktail dress at thrift store FITS.

Everything fits. I'm over the moon. God bless this surgical procedure. Report out!

EDITED TO ADD: And this is just 36 days after the surgery!!!!

Edited by beautifuldaymonster