Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 minute ago, Nami said:

I had the gastric bypass as well. and yea when I first woke up. I felt extreme pain, extreme hungry, and extreme thrist. I wasn't allowed to have ice chips until i did my first walk...everything was easier at the hospital. but now I have to figure it out. tomorrow I'm going into full liquid. thank you for the kind words. how did you deal with the pain and how long did it take?

My doctor sent me home with Oxy and muscle relaxers. As you can imagine, those worked great. The incision above my belly button was the worst. It still bothers me a little. I find it very hard to sit still at home and just rest. So I got really frustrated at times. But now I feel almost 100%. I will keep sending positive vibes your way.

Omg the itching!!!! Is anyone itching like mad on their belly? My surgi-strips are just starting to fall off but the itching is becoming unbearable!

On 05/03/2019 at 09:49, KimB7811 said:

Omg the itching!!!! Is anyone itching like mad on their belly? My surgi-strips are just starting to fall off but the itching is becoming unbearable!

Hi, yes I got some itching too. But it’s a good sign everything is healing. I was even worried I’d scratch in my sleep and do damage to the incisions. So try to cover them up. 🙂

On 05/03/2019 at 09:49, KimB7811 said:

Oh, and also the elastoplast/bandaids made me itchy I think too, the sticky glue stuff. I ended up with a rash. Which I put Sudocream on, it’s a high zinc nappy rash cream that is really soothing. Wherever you are I’m sure they have something like it. Three weeks out and I still have faint marks from the rash.

3 minutes ago, TheFlinstones said:

Hi, yes I got some itching too. But it’s a good sign everything is healing. I was even worried I’d scratch in my sleep and do damage to the incisions. So try to cover them up. 🙂

My surgeon told me to put Neosporin and a band aid on my incisions and that worked great. Also said to take Benadryl at night. That works great too as mine are still itching.

On 05/03/2019 at 10:25, Tallymom said:

My surgeon told me to put Neosporin and a band aid on my incisions and that worked great. Also said to take Benadryl at night. That works great too as mine are still itching.

Wow, that’s interesting. I didn’t ever scratch in my sleep. Was just worried I might when they weren’t fully closed yet. Also I had oxy each night and slept quite well.

I hope you’re doing well @Tallymom hope your pain eases up. Mine is nearly all gone. I haven’t taken anything for pain in almost two weeks.

Starting to get slightly more food in (in terms of being able to get a whole yoghurt down that’s high in protein!)

I’m also concentrating on getting in my H2O. I feel the odd low on energy feeling which has to be not enough Water not enough calories. I think. But otherwise all feeing well and I’m so happy with the difference in how I feel with the weight that has gone. I feel so lucky, but also too like everyone else, it’s been a plan and doing bits each day to gain success in getting healthier.

Much love.

I’m on clear liqiid till Thursday May 9 which would be 10 days on it. My program feels extremely conservative compared to others but atleast I didn’t have to do liquid diet pre op like I’ve seen many others.

On 05/01/2019 at 23:47, I Am Groot said:

Congratulations, everyone!!! We did it! I can't wait for updates over the next few months and maybe even years.

I second this. I’m loving hearing everyone’s updates. I’m wishing the best for all of us. I’m so glad this forum is here. So lucky to be able to share stories and not feel alone.

On 05/02/2019 at 09:10, SusieQ2019 said:

I am up and about, trying to get my Water and Protein in. I am full after 2 spoonfuls of greek plain yogurt with unsweetened apple sauce and a scoop of Isopure unsweetened Protein Powder. I am going to try to go to the gym tomorrow.

I am really cold and may invest in a small space heater. I am covered up with 3 blankets. All and all pain is manageable and I am not having any gas pains. Knock on wood.

My cat keep trying to lay down on my stomach smh.

I am thankful for my sons 20 and 23 yr old. My 9 yr old daughter is to busy playing ROBLOX with her friends.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Oh, @SusieQ2019 glad you’re doing well. Your cat sounds so sweet, trying to look after you and give you comfort.

Slowly slowly it goes with being able to get food down & H2O.

Keep up the self care and positive vibes lovely. (Not sure how long since your surgery) I’m 3 weeks.

Take care.

How are you @CajunSam ? I hope all is well.

Flintstones, I think I actually broke my stall! It’s highly motivating. I kept telling myself to trust the process and I did.

5 hours ago, TheFlinstones said:
5 hours ago, KimB7811 said:

Oh, and also the elastoplast/bandaids made me itchy I think too, the sticky glue stuff. I ended up with a rash. Which I put Sudocream on, it’s a high zinc nappy rash cream that is really soothing. Wherever you are I’m sure they have something like it. Three weeks out and I still have faint marks from the rash.

I was wondering if it could be from the surgi-strips as well! I know itching is a good sign that things are healing...but I feel this intensity of the itch is not just from the wounds healing. I usually get a rash from any type of surgical tape that’s ever used on me ( like what they use to tape down the IV or the cotton ball after you get blood taken) I just don’t want to rip these off before they fall off on their own and risk opening up some of the incisions

On 04/30/2019 at 06:30, CajunSam said:

Has anyone hit the dreaded 3 week stall yet? I have. It’s a HUGE bummer and discouraging but I am trying to remember it’s totally normal. I’ve been stalled for 7 days now and I am 3.5 weeks out.
Lost 14 lbs from SW in 2 weeks, then stall for 1 week, then lost another 4, now again at 1 month stall for 6 days... What was even more discouraging was seeing the nutritionist at the 1 month post op and she saying I had lost too few, like 18% of extra weight instead of over 20% 😢
Also now cleared for soft food, but my stomach wants none! So I vomit after almost every meal. Did this happened to any of you?

7 hours ago, KimB7811 said:

I started using aloe vera on my tummy. It seems to work great!

Anyone else out there that is struggling with a spouse/significant either that is reacting negatively to you having surgery?