Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is 10:00am on Monday. I like the time because I can still take my daughter to school and make her Breakfast before I leave.

I am starting the puréed stage and it is not going great. My stomach really churns and gas or air seems to double up. I am trying smaller bites and thinning it a bit more. Hopefully this will help. I am down 24.4 lbs since I started the process and that is pretty amazing for me.

On 04/25/2019 at 13:08, Newbeginning57 said:

I am starting the puréed stage and it is not going great. My stomach really churns and gas or air seems to double up. I am trying smaller bites and thinning it a bit more. Hopefully this will help. I am down 24.4 lbs since I started the process and that is pretty amazing for me.
Congrats on the weight loss!! Yay!! I’ve been on puréed for a week, the first few days were difficult. Seemed like I had to burp with every bite. Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s gotten a little easier every day. Our stomach tissue is still a bit swollen, but we are a little more healed each day. I actually was able to eat a little than 1/4c cream Soup for lunch today with no issues. But still finding certain things aren’t working like cottage cheese. Keep thinning until whatever agrees with you. You’re doing great!! You got this!!

On 04/25/2019 at 10:47, OhMyGracious! said:

Consider Protein Water. Premier Protein Water has 20g protein, but counts as water too. I have to add Crystal Light to cut the aftertaste, but it’s been a lifesaver for me.
What kind of crystal light do you mix with it? What a great idea!!

On 04/25/2019 at 11:18, naiad said:

What kind of crystal light do you mix with it? What a great idea!!
My personal favorites are pink or regular lemonade and fruit punch. I alternate the two. Water just gets so boring. Gatorade zero is really good too. Tastes almost like the original.

On 04/24/2019 at 06:59, LabGoddess said:

Is anyone else struggling with their energy levels just suddenly plummeting? Some times I feel like I am going along fine and then I just hit a wall. I've been getting my Protein and fluids in, but I still haven't topped 500 calories in a day. I am sure that is part of it. I have my followup with the dietitian tomorrow. Hoping to get moved onto the pureed/soft diet stage. Hopefully that will help with the energy levels. Otherwise, I am healing well and back to work half days this week.

so glad to read everyone's updates!

I’m 3 weeks out today and sleep like 18 hours a day. Went back to physical therapy yesterday for my shoulder that had surgery in October and even with weights down low I needed a 3 hour nap after. I figure next week once I get “real food” I’ll start feeling better.

On 04/24/2019 at 07:23, girlaccountant said:

Yes!!! This!!! I work a full time job, which I went back to the week after surgery. I was sleeved on the 8th, and back on the 15th. I’m at a desk but up and down quite a bit helping up on the retail side. However this week I started back to my second job of waiting tables. I felt so lightheaded, I had to go outside a few minutes and put my head between my knees. My pulse according to my Fitbit was 161! I had 16,000 steps at that point in the day as well. My pulse has been running slightly high in the upper 80’s-90’s since surgery. I asked my surgeon, they said it’s normal if you aren’t drinking as much as you did preOp. Your body feels dehydrated. PreOp I drank 80-100oz Water a day. 60 is still a bit of a struggle. I’m going back to wait tables tonight, after I get off from my day job. Really hope it’s better. I’m taking Protein to drink during my shift, the Water didn’t cut it Monday. Wish I worked somewhere that we had sick leave 😕. But yes, I’m constantly exhausted!! Hang in there, I hear it gets better!
My pulse is higher too. I take metoprolol for sinus tachycardia and my watch keeps giving me high HR readings. Not sure why.

I had surgery this morning. Im doing well, lots of walking.

Angie, I'm glad to see you're "bearing" up well! Sorry I just couldn't miss that punning occasion, but seriously I do hope everything goes really well for you. Always room for one more on our Bench of Victory, and today that's YOU!

On 04/06/2019 at 04:59, Ohiogirl14 said:

I was april 3rd it was awful 1st day. How r u doing

I was April 3rd as well. Had pain, nausea, but they managed it immediately with meds, very successfully. Was up and about since day 2. 1 week of liquids, 2 weeks of cream Soups, now my first day on puréed. Lost 17 pounds in first 10 days, been stalling since. I take all Vitamins and Protein, Water and walking are harder to manage. Energy is soooo low I hope it will improve with the purees. I have been very emotional and frustrated, I cried and argued with my father, my sis is busy with her kids, so I’m practically alone. Some support from friends would have been nice, like, hey, let’s go for a walk, but they are all busy with their lives...I know I am a crybaby now, but it will pass soon I hope