Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 2/20/2019 at 7:42 PM, CajunSam said:

Not a single soul!? LOL

Guess I’m just an April Lone Ranger.

April 23 revision from the sleeve to gastric bypass and I'm scared out of my mind but I look forward to being free of the Gerds.

1 hour ago, I Am Groot said:

Soft foods, yum. I will get there tomorrow.

If you don't mind me asking, which procedure did you have in 2004?

I don’t mind at all. I had RNY in 2004. Lost 130 lbs. My weight started to creep back up 5 years later and I could tolerate sweets. It’s been a long road to find out what was wrong and a surgeon who was willing to fix it. So glad to be back with a fully functioning RNY.

Sleeved April 3rd. Height 5.5, SW 242.5, CW 229, GW 140
For those who are post op, how was it for you? How are you feeling? How much have you lost?
I feel fine, just a bit dizzy in the morning, take my Vitamins, Water, Protein Shake and heparin.
A bit disappointed because I feel like I have not lost much, but then hey, it’s a journey and this just the beginning!

Hello everyone out there I'm second week post -op my doctor's appointment is today I'm a little nervous i haven't step on a scale since the day of surgery which was 4/11 can't wait to see how much i weigh. I'm so new to this so i need a little help getting back into the swing of everything especially the routine with my 2nd week diet i need a schedule because i have no clue of what I'm doing trying to go by the paper the doctors is gave me but not sure if I'm sipping enough help please

On 4/6/2019 at 1:57 PM, SusieQ2019 said:

Good luck to you. I am also in the Bronx, having my surgery at Mt. Sinai on the 29th.

Am from the Bx too. Am also having mine with Dr harvey at my Sinai sometime in June God willing..

Welcome Bxsg76, I am from the Bronx and my surgery is also at Mt. Sinai on April 29th. Have you gone to support group?

Wishing you the best of luck!

7 minutes ago, SusieQ2019 said:

Welcome Bxsg76, I am from the Bronx and my surgery is also at Mt. Sinai on April 29th. Have you gone to support group?

Wishing you the best of luck!

No yet am going on Tuesday to the 1sr one.i already did my ultrasound and the upper GI. Hopefully everything goes well. Which Dr did u choose

My surgery is with Dr. Dong. I am on 3rd day liver diet, feeling light headed but I have stuck to the plan so far. The support group I go to is the one held every 1st or 2nd Monday of the month. If you are seeing Debra on Tuesday you can ask her for the information.

Don't worry everything will be fine.

Susie...

4 minutes ago, SusieQ2019 said:

My surgery is with Dr. Dong. I am on 3rd day liver diet, feeling light headed but I have stuck to the plan so far. The support group I go to is the one held every 1st or 2nd Monday of the month. If you are seeing Debra on Tuesday you can ask her for the information.

Don't worry everything will be fine.

Susie...

Thanks. My doctor told me that I didn't have to do the pre-op diet because I barely made it with my bmi of 36. Are u doing the sleeve or the bypass

Surgery is scheduled for April 30th just sign consent with doctor got all my paperwork for surgery. Hospital will call me 1 day before to give me time. So excited cant not wait, so proud of myself I quit smoking too!!!

I am having the sleeve. On my first appointment my weight was 260 with a BMI 42. I am now down to 253 hoping to loose at least another 10lbs before surgery day.