Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on the 9th and had a surprise hernia repair:)

I weighed 242 at the dr office on my last visit

Day of surgery 229

2 days after I came home I made the mistake of getting on the scale and it said 235, from all the fluids and such

Weighed myself today and it said 221:)

I am only able to wear sports bras and still very uncomfortable wearing pants so I am living the sweatpants life. My surgeon told me that I could go back to work Monday but my job won't let me back without a dr note UGH.. so I have to wait for my follow up on Weds. I am still on a liquid diet and can't go to thicker Fluid until next week then a week after that I can finally go to mushy food and I have to stay on that for 6 weeks:(

Best wishes to all:)

On 04/18/2019 at 16:44, Alwzla8 said:

I was sleeved on the 9th and had a surprise hernia repair:)

I weighed 242 at the dr office on my last visit

Day of surgery 229

2 days after I came home I made the mistake of getting on the scale and it said 235, from all the fluids and such

Weighed myself today and it said 221:)

I am only able to wear sports bras and still very uncomfortable wearing pants so I am living the sweatpants life. My surgeon told me that I could go back to work Monday but my job won't let me back without a dr note UGH.. so I have to wait for my follow up on Weds. I am still on a liquid diet and can't go to thicker Fluid until next week then a week after that I can finally go to mushy food and I have to stay on that for 6 weeks:(

Best wishes to all:)

Great weight loss! Congratulations! I’m still on full liquids until the 24th-ish... At my appointment the other day, I was told I could test the waters a little with the blended/puréed stage. We went out for dinner and I had some split pea Soup. It was so good. Having something with real flavor was fantastic!!!!! I will be happy once I get to the soft foods stage, but that’s not until 5/8 or so for me.

53 minutes ago, TxStar09 said:

Great weight loss! Congratulations! I’m still on full liquids until the 24th-ish... At my appointment the other day, I was told I could test the waters a little with the blended/puréed stage. We went out for dinner and I had some split pea Soup. It was so good. Having something with real flavor was fantastic!!!!! I will be happy once I get to the soft foods stage, but that’s not until 5/8 or so for me.

My follow up is actually the 24th as well, I will find out then about moving on to pureed food and get the thumbs up for the mushies the week after!! Praying because I am actually getting hungry for something other than: broth, Water, Jello, Protein repeat repeat repeat omg!!

7 hours ago, I Am Groot said:

Hey everyone!!!!

Can we get some updates from those who have had surgery? Let's provide some encouragement and realistic expectations for our 3rd and 4th week April Surgery Pals 🙂

April 4th VSG here, just passed the two-week mark.

Surgery date weight was 330, now I'm down to 312 as of this morning (my "official" two week weigh in) and now my clothes are starting to get very loose.

UPDATE: had my first post op appt today. I was sleeved 4/8. Surgery weight was 225, today was 210. Down 15lbs. The body analysis shows that was mainly Fluid loss, but doctor said that’s normal. He cleared me to start purées stage Saturday. Never in my life have I ever looked so forward to mashed potatoes or scrambled eggs!! 1 more day of liquid. Water still a struggle. I used to drink 80-100 ounces a day, now 40-50 is about all I can manage on top of the Protein Shakes, broth and yogurt. My doctor said it will get easier in a couple more weeks when the stomach swelling goes down. Hope you all are doing well on your journey. Feel free to ask me anything! Thanks for all your support!!! 😘

I really appreciate all of you sharing your experiences! I am a bit of a lurker! My surgery date is 4/22 so this is my last weekend before "the change" ..... A bit worried, nesting for sure... Trying to get the yard work done the pantry cleaned the junk drawers cleaned out etc.... worried about taking time off from work... lots of moving parts and emotions right now.

On 04/18/2019 at 18:39, girlaccountant said:

UPDATE: had my first post op appt today. I was sleeved 4/8. Surgery weight was 225, today was 210. Down 15lbs. The body analysis shows that was mainly Fluid loss, but doctor said that’s normal. He cleared me to start purées stage Saturday. Never in my life have I ever looked so forward to mashed potatoes or scrambled eggs!! 1 more day of liquid. Water still a struggle. I used to drink 80-100 ounces a day, now 40-50 is about all I can manage on top of the Protein Shakes, broth and yogurt. My doctor said it will get easier in a couple more weeks when the stomach swelling goes down. Hope you all are doing well on your journey. Feel free to ask me anything! Thanks for all your support!!! 😘
Congratulations!!🎈 I am right there with you on.. who would ever think someone would be so happy to eat mushy!! I can’t wait I think I have 2 weeks left.. that is as long as all goes well with follow up Weds

Sleeved on 4/11, so officially a week post op today. I’ve had mostly gas and some pain around the largest incision site but I have been up and walking. My follow up appointment is on the 24th at that point I hope to be cleared for purées! I spent one night in the hospital and have been home all week. Im able to work from home so I’ll probably “go back” to work tomorrow and work most of next week from home just to enjoy being home.

Glad to read everyone is doing well and good luck to those whose are coming up!!!

8 hours ago, Jennifer22672 said:

It has been one week since my gastric bypass.
I had a rough start due to some leftover scar tissue from previous surgeries. Because of bleeding, I ended up in the hospital for four nights instead of the expected one.
Since being released, though, things are going really well. I’m not having any difficulty drinking the required amount of liquid. I have been drinking Water, Crystal Light, V8, Gatorade Zero, and my Protein Shakes.
I have been driving for a few days with no problems. I feel pretty normal except for being pretty tired. I have had almost zero pain (from day one) from my surgical sites.
I am sending good vibes to those of you waiting for your April surgery.

Sorry to read you had a rough start, but I'm glad things are going much better now. 😊

8 hours ago, Tallymom said:

Good morning. I had a gastric bypass revision on April 3. I am doing well except for being sooo tired. I move onto soft foods today. Pretty excited about that! I spent two nights in hospital because the hole in my original pouch (done in 2004) was 3”, much larger than expected. Also had a lot of scar tissue. The nausea after surgery was horrendous the first day but not too bad after. Pain has been minimal.

I I hope everyone here has a surgeon as amazing as mine. And a wonderful post-op experience in the hospital. Hang in there! It gets better every day.

Soft foods, yum. I will get there tomorrow.

If you don't mind me asking, which procedure did you have in 2004?

2 hours ago, savanna_dotson said:

I got mine April 10th

Awesome! How did it go for you?

18 minutes ago, brownymix13 said:

Sleeved on 4/11, so officially a week post op today. I’ve had mostly gas and some pain around the largest incision site but I have been up and walking. My follow up appointment is on the 24th at that point I hope to be cleared for purées! I spent one night in the hospital and have been home all week. Im able to work from home so I’ll probably “go back” to work tomorrow and work most of next week from home just to enjoy being home.

Glad to read everyone is doing well and good luck to those whose are coming up!!!

Sounds like things are going well. Working from home helps a lot. I'm telecommuting right now as well, so I was able to "return to work" the first Monday post surgery.