Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m still in the hospital. 😕 The vomiting has stopped, but now I am expelling all the old blood out the other end.
I feel SO much better, though. My stomach pain and nausea are completely gone. They did a blood test this morning to make sure I didn’t lose too much blood. They will be repeating the blood test in about an hour. If that looks good, I get to go home today.
The doctor said I had so much blood because of the scar tissue left behind from other abdominal surgeries.
Today, I am not having any trouble drinking my Water and Protein Shakes. I’m just ready to get home.

5 hours ago, Jennifer22672 said:

I’m still in the hospital. 😕 The vomiting has stopped, but now I am expelling all the old blood out the other end.
I feel SO much better, though. My stomach pain and nausea are completely gone. They did a blood test this morning to make sure I didn’t lose too much blood. They will be repeating the blood test in about an hour. If that looks good, I get to go home today.
The doctor said I had so much blood because of the scar tissue left behind from other abdominal surgeries.
Today, I am not having any trouble drinking my Water and Protein Shakes. I’m just ready to get home.

So sorry to hear about how hard the after surgery complications have been for you... but just have faith this was worth it and better for your health in the end. It’s good you are getting the help you need in the hospital even though I know how much you want to get home. Hang in there! I will pray you get to go home tomorrow.

On 04/15/2019 at 04:17, Jennifer22672 said:

I hope your second blood test goes well. I’m sorry it’s been challenging, you are going to get there. Best wishes!

We are all out here supporting you @jennifer22672. I had a longer stay in the hospital than planned and 11 days after my release, I’m eating yogurt and down 8 lbs this week. You can do this!

Good Morning here on Monday.

I’m travelling well. Slept ok last night. Small amount of pain at incision sites and upper abdominal pain probably from pushing up on it in surgery.

I weighed in this morning and I’m down...

HW : 310.2
SD : 293.3
CW : 288.6 -4.7 lbs since surgery!

Surprising! It’s all happening.

Thank you for your support.
My hemoglobin level went down to 7.9 on my second blood draw of the day, so I am having to stay another night in the hospital. I am no longer vomiting blood or having bloody diarrhea, so that is good news. My period started out of the blue (my period just ended a few days before surgery). Right now that is the only blood loss I’m experiencing.
If my hemoglobin count is better in the morning, I will get to go home. If it goes below 7 I will have to have a blood transfusion. Please pray that my level goes up.
As far as the bypass, I have no pain and am on no pain medication at all. It is easy to keep up with the Water and Protein Shakes as long as I keep on top of it.
Thank you again for your support. I know this is just a small hiccup in my journey and I will be very happy that I went through this.

20 minutes ago, Jennifer22672 said:

My hemoglobin level went down to 7.9 on my second blood draw of the day, so I am having to stay another night in the hospital. I am no longer vomiting blood or having bloody diarrhea, so that is good news. My period started out of the blue (my period just ended a few days before surgery). Right now that is the only blood loss I’m experiencing.
If my hemoglobin count is better in the morning, I will get to go home. If it goes below 7 I will have to have a blood transfusion. Please pray that my level goes up.
As far as the bypass, I have no pain and am on no pain medication at all. It is easy to keep up with the Water and Protein Shakes as long as I keep on top of it.
Thank you again for your support. I know this is just a small hiccup in my journey and I will be very happy that I went through this.

Sending positive vibes your way.

Good luck to all of the week 3 surgery goers!!!

On 04/15/2019 at 10:48, Jennifer22672 said:

Rest up and recover while you can in hospital. It’s ok it’s another night. You’ll be well cared for. I hope you sleep well, that will help with recovery. Many hugs.

Well after a few days I have a bad rash and can not get it to go away even with Benadryl it will not go away ugh!! Anyone else break out?

80BCC8FC-F064-4497-9E42-7C234ADFCDAC.jpeg

Edited by Alwzla8

RNY on the 17th April

Height: 153cm

SW: 89kg

GW:60

So nervous!

9 hours ago, Venessa Blair said:

April 17

Hey surgery twin! I'm on the 17th aswell. Best of luck to you

I am finally home! I’m not happy that I had to spend five days in the hospital, but it is nice to be feeling pretty good when I came home. My hemoglobin level did drop .1 from yesterday, but it wasn’t enough of a drop to warrant a transfusion or for me to stay another day. So I am free! I just have to make sure to go immediately to the ER if I have any bloody vomit or diarrhea since my hemoglobin is already so low.
Now that I’m home I am just trying to get in a schedule of drinking Water, Protein Drinks, Crystal Light, etc and taking my supplements.