Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And small world after all, Colchester is among the cities I'd like to visit if I ever made it to the UK.

11 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

And small world after all, Colchester is among the cities I'd like to visit if I ever made it to the UK.

It’s very rich in history. It’s the uk’s oldest recorded town with loads of roman ruins still to be seen

Doing well today finally peeing ok, no bm and I have not passed gas yet but I am walking laps. I have eaten some broth the Jello was too sweet. I’m taking hydrocodone for pain it’s not bad. All of you who have the preop diet follow it, that was the first thing they told my husband, he could tell I followed my diet and had no problems because I did. I was so scared for surgery but honestly it was as everyone else said not bad. Good luck to everyone who’s surgery is coming up!

On 04/10/2019 at 08:01, brownymix13 said:

Yay I’m glad everyone that has had it seems to be doing well!! Mine is tomorrow as well—getting a little more nervous and lots more excited! Been a long time coming I feel like.
Good luck tomorrow, I will say the first few days have been kinda rough, but it’s been better today than yesterday for sure. If I can do this (I’m a giant wuss) you can do this!! Sending prayers & good thoughts for you tomorrow!! ☺️

6 minutes ago, girlaccountant said:
4 hours ago, brownymix13 said:

Yay I’m glad everyone that has had it seems to be doing well!! Mine is tomorrow as well—getting a little more nervous and lots more excited! Been a long time coming I feel like.

Good luck tomorrow, I will say the first few days have been kinda rough, but it’s been better today than yesterday for sure. If I can do this (I’m a giant wuss) you can do this!! Sending prayers & good thoughts for you tomorrow!! ☺️

I'm so glad it's getting better and better every day! Thank you for the thoughts and prayers...officially I have to arrive at the hospital at 4:45AM tomorrow so it will be a 7pm bedtime tonight hahahaha

5 hours ago, Aiysha said:

Hope everyone is recovering well my surgery is tomorrow and my period came today has that happened to anyone

Sent from my LGMP260 using BariatricPal mobile app

Mine did the opposite. It was supposed to start the day of surgery, but I have yet to see it. No idea what to expect at this point, with the rapid weight loss and hormone release.

On 04/10/2019 at 13:03, I Am Groot said:

Mine did the opposite. It was supposed to start the day of surgery, but I have yet to see it. No idea what to expect at this point, with the rapid weight loss and hormone release.

I’m so glad I have a mirena and don’t have to worry about it. I have pcos so it’s really sporadic and mine is usually heavy. I’d hate that. :/ sorry about it!

17april[emoji137]‍♂️ This time next week it will all be over/beginning! To say I’m nervous is a massive understatement! The pre op diet is testing to say the least as I live away with work in hotels surrounded by fast food. I’ve made a few rubbish choices last week and with a week to go I hope I’ll be ok and haven’t done to much damage. Good luck everyone!
Keep at it! If surgery goes as planned there will always be choices that may temp you. I wasn't perfect during my pre op diet but I kinda knew what they were aiming for. Keeping me in ketosis to lose fat around my liver and shrink the size of it for my safety during surgery. The first week of Optifast shakes I had a total of two pickles, some Pickle Juice, and 1 slice of ham and Swiss cheese spread out over the week. The second week of optifast I had like maybe a table spoon total of egg salad and chili that I made for my family. All of these things I knew wouldn't kick me out of ketosis. But I did make sure for the 4 days before my surgery I stuck to the guidelines 100%. I would recommend sticking to the plan as it's for your safety and if they ask you what you had to eat be honest. It's better to delay surgery than risk your life. Goodluck!

Sent from my LM-Q910 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm in the same boat. Was expecting mine around the day of surgery, sometimes it's a few days late or early so we shall see how surgery affects that. I'm hoping it delays it for a little bit. My periods are usually full of intense back pain and cramping.

So I am 2 days post RNY. Pain is less, mostly just gas I think. I am up walking around every 30min to and hour, burping and finally passing gas but no BM yet. The discharge nurse told us that if we don't see a BM by Saturday to try milk of magnesia, if that doesn't work, try suppositories. Aside from that just to keep taking the senokot they prescribed. Hopefully it comes without issue by Saturday!!! Its 3pm and today I have had a cup of broth and a cup of apple juice diluted. It's taking me about 2hrs to finish a cup. I should get about 5 cups in today of the recommended 4-6 cups so I'm happy. Going to try some tea next I think.

So I am 2 days post RNY. Pain is less, mostly just gas I think. I am up walking around every 30min to and hour, burping and finally passing gas but no BM yet. The discharge nurse told us that if we don't see a BM by Saturday to try milk of magnesia, if that doesn't work, try suppositories. Aside from that just to keep taking the senokot they prescribed. Hopefully it comes without issue by Saturday!!! Its 3pm and today I have had a cup of broth and a cup of apple juice diluted. It's taking me about 2hrs to finish a cup. I should get about 5 cups in today of the recommended 4-6 cups so I'm happy. Going to try some tea next I think.

I also got to go on the patient portal today and read the notes from my surgery which was interesting lol.

I finally went pee and I’m already home:) omg:) so happy to be home, my son don’t know I’m here so he will get a surprise ha ha. Now just to figure out how to get all these liquid and Protein requirements in my body. I found out the top of my stomach hurts more because I had a hernia repaired while I was under. Best of luck to everyone and thank you all for all the support you all are amazing!!

Hey there! Want to buddy up? No pressure if ya don't want to just ignore this this message. [emoji3].
I'm April 22! Just got my date too! I so excited! I'm a touch nervous mostly about doing everything right not so much the surgery. I had a bad csection so I'm no sweating the surgery!
I am a 46 year old mom of 1 -7 yo old boy and I weight 227 now looking to drop 103 lbs.
Goal weight 124 lbs.

I'm there also, 22nd at 6:30am

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 04/10/2019 at 15:32, Alwzla8 said:

I finally went pee and I’m already home:) omg:) so happy to be home, my son don’t know I’m here so he will get a surprise ha ha. Now just to figure out how to get all these liquid and Protein requirements in my body. I found out the top of my stomach hurts more because I had a hernia repaired while I was under. Best of luck to everyone and thank you all for all the support you all are amazing!!
So glad you were able to finally go and that you are home now. I’m working on the liquid and Protein as well. I think it’s going to be a lot more difficult than I thought.