Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Luckily I’m urinating fine. Haven’t had a BM yet tho. The gas still hurts. I had a hynial hernia repair with my sleeve and drinking Water is super painful. They weirdly took me off my iv earlier today. Which I thought was strange since I can’t even finish a 16 oz of water.

19 minutes ago, undeadDharma said:

Luckily I’m urinating fine. Haven’t had a BM yet tho. The gas still hurts. I had a hynial hernia repair with my sleeve and drinking Water is super painful. They weirdly took me off my iv earlier today. Which I thought was strange since I can’t even finish a 16 oz of Water.

I had a bypass and I know that's different, but my procedure was April 1, and I didn't experience a BM until April 3rd. Gas preceded it by about 12 hours, then led it in, lol.

That’s good to know. Hopefully I’ll have one tomorrow since that’s my 3rd day. The doctor said it might not be for a week, which I’m not looking forward to if it does take that long.

They had the Water on ad off full run and drip drip and nothing:( It is a little after midnight and cath will come out at 6am and I get to start trying again. I also think that is when I get to try to drink water. Today was nothing not even water.

So I was taken off my iv sometime mid morning the day after my surgery since I'm drinking well and urinating. I was also discharged and home less than 24hrs after surgery. I'm tired and tender but most of my pain I think is gas related so I'm just drinking my Water and trying to move around as much as possible. No flatulence or BM yet, just burps. It's really nice to see my little one. Missed him so much.

Sent from my LM-Q910 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 04/10/2019 at 00:13, Alwzla8 said:

They had the Water on ad off full run and drip drip and nothing:( It is a little after midnight and cath will come out at 6am and I get to start trying again. I also think that is when I get to try to drink Water. Today was nothing not even water.
I’m sorry about the cath. I at least got ice chips yesterday to go with the IV. Hopefully today will be better for you.

So, my operation is on Tuesday 22nd April. I’m so nervous but excited. I started my pre-op diet yesterday. It ended in disaster, I started of so well with the Protein Shakes but by late afternoon I got such a bad Migraine with nausea I ended up eating a sandwich so I could take my meds. Within an hr I was slightly better.

I’m not sure what caused the migraine. But I’m hoping I have better luck today.

If you guys have any advice I’d appreciate it.

On 04/10/2019 at 04:18, TxStar09 said:

I’m sorry about the cath. I at least got ice chips yesterday to go with the IV. Hopefully today will be better for you.
Hopefully so, I love hospitals.. not ha ha every few hours someone has to open the door, guy from the lab came in at 3:30 very happy telling me have a good day. They did just come in and give me gabapentin (so) and liquid Tylenol and a few teaspoons of Water which went down well.. shew!! And the cath is coming out in a few minutes. Yay!!!

On 04/10/2019 at 05:30, TheFlinstones said:

All done., surgery over. No pain.

Xoxoxo o
Awesome! Congratulations I hope everything goes easy and well for you:)

On 04/10/2019 at 05:25, Jules said:

So, my operation is on Tuesday 22nd April. I’m so nervous but excited. I started my pre-op diet yesterday. It ended in disaster, I started of so well with the Protein Shakes but by late afternoon I got such a bad Migraine with nausea I ended up eating a sandwich so I could take my meds. Within an hr I was slightly better.

I’m not sure what caused the Migraine. But I’m hoping I have better luck today.

If you guys have any advice I’d appreciate it.
I get Migraines as well so I’m sorry for your pain. How many Protein Shakes can you have per day? It seems different drs allow different things are you allowed other items besides the shakes?

On 04/10/2019 at 05:30, TheFlinstones said:

All done., surgery over. No pain.

Xoxoxo o
Congratulations! I hope everything continues to go well!!! Take care.

On 04/09/2019 at 16:07, Alwzla8 said:

I brought most of things everyone listed and my Sherpa blanket. Everything feels ok except my stomach really hurts because I can’t pee!! Been trying for 4 hours off n on and can’t go ugh!! I feel like I need to but just can’t this sucks! I’m doing the breathing exercises and everything just that 1 thing I can’t seem to get thru!! Hope everyone is doing great and if I don’t say it later.. Best wishes and luck for anyone who goes tomorrow!!
Lol not laughing at you but everything has been going good also except I can’t pee, they had to straight catheter me yesterday, I’m hoping more walking today and I will be able to go. I stopped the morphine hoping this will help.