Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wishing you an easy surgery and quick recovery.

14 hours ago, beautifuldaymonster said:

Wow, CajunSam, it's done! You did it! We're all so happy and proud for you... you watched and were so kind to all of us as our dates came and went... and now you've had yours at last! Great report by the way. I had six incisions for some reason! And coming out of anesthesia was the most painful part of it. I'm amazed you were able to walk so easily so soon... I'm only catching up walking NOW, lol!

PS what little hunger you're feeling is going to get lots, lots less ;)

Thank you so so much! The anesthesia was hard for me to come out of initially, as well. I woke up too early and my breathing tube was still in. Very scary! I am trying to keep moving around today and drinking lots of Water. As of now I don't feel any type of hunger. I did make myself eat some sugar free Jello earlier and around 1 ish Ill heat up some broth. This no hunger thing is so weird and so new to me! When I had my sleeve surgery I was full fledged hungry just days after surgery. I am hoping it stays this way, LOL!

Thank you for the kind words!

3 hours ago, I Am Groot said:

I brought a small sling bag of items, but the only things I used were chapstick, phone, and phone charger. I would have done some reading, but my brother was there to keep me company...or I was sleeping. Lol. The nurse seemed impressed with my light packing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

I second this, LOL. The only other thing I used was my tablet but I could have done all that on my phone. Bring chapstick! I didnt and my lips stayed so dry!

On 04/09/2019 at 11:19, Romanoloser said:

In the hospital waiting, ahh
Good luck!! They just discharged me, you’ve got this!! See you on the loser bench!! ☺️

On 04/09/2019 at 10:14, TxStar09 said:

I am officially on the losers bench!!!! Not feeling to bad, but they gave me quite a few pain meds. 😬. Hope everyone else is doing well so far.
Congrats, I was just discharged from hospital. Super sore & kinda tired. Walking & Water helps

@girlaccountant hi lovely, glad you’re all ok.

Good luck @Romanoloser

2 hours ago, TxStar09 said:

I am officially on the losers bench!!!! Not feeling to bad, but they gave me quite a few pain meds. 😬. Hope everyone else is doing well so far.

Congrats! Hope you have a speedy recovery!

I brought most of things everyone listed and my Sherpa blanket. Everything feels ok except my stomach really hurts because I can’t pee!! Been trying for 4 hours off n on and can’t go ugh!! I feel like I need to but just can’t this sucks! I’m doing the breathing exercises and everything just that 1 thing I can’t seem to get thru!! Hope everyone is doing great and if I don’t say it later.. Best wishes and luck for anyone who goes tomorrow!!

On 04/09/2019 at 17:07, Alwzla8 said:

I brought most of things everyone listed and my Sherpa blanket. Everything feels ok except my stomach really hurts because I can’t pee!! Been trying for 4 hours off n on and can’t go ugh!! I feel like I need to but just can’t this sucks! I’m doing the breathing exercises and everything just that 1 thing I can’t seem to get thru!! Hope everyone is doing great and if I don’t say it later.. Best wishes and luck for anyone who goes tomorrow!!
Glad you are doing well. I hope you can pee soon.

On 04/09/2019 at 17:13, TxStar09 said:

Had to get Cath put in urg!!

On 04/09/2019 at 18:24, Alwzla8 said:

That’s no fun. This should help with some issues until they can find out what is going on for you.

3 hours ago, Alwzla8 said:
4 hours ago, TxStar09 said:

I know this may sound cliche, but did you try running Water? I couldn't pee after surgery, though the urgency was present. My sister-in-law came to check on me and I told her what was wrong. She turned on the water, stated it helped my brother after gastric bypass, and ta-da, I immediately peed.

Sorry to read about the cath.

On 04/09/2019 at 16:07, Alwzla8 said:

They put a nausea patch behind my ear. They told me they’d remove it if I had trouble urinating. Supposedly it can cause Water retention. If you have that you might want to remove it. Hope you’re feeling better! I’m still trying to get my water in for the day. Never realized how big the bottle was, lol.