Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And chapstick

Oh yes the chapstick!!

My big post op report.

Today I am 4 days post op revision from VSG to Mini Gastric Bypass.

Today I only feel discomfort and no pain at all. In fact, I haven't touched any of the pain medicine I was sent home with. Although, I do have a high tolerance for pain. The biggest issue I had with discomfort was I had a drain paced and it made it nearly impossible for me to get comfortable. I have 3 incisions and one drain "open wound" that should close on it's on. My stomach has bruised pretty bad but all in all it doesn't look so bad. The hardest part of the whole surgery was coming out of anesthesia honestly. I felt perfectly fine after. We even toured Tijuana 2 days post op and were able to walk around the beach and shops with no issues.

As far as hunger is concerned...I haven't felt hungry since my surgery at all. It's a very weird thing to me to not feel hungry because before I was always hungry. Well, Head hungry anyway. The thing about being coder after surgery has been absolutely true for me! I have been freezing all day. It's 75 degrees right now (830 pm where I am) and all I want it to bundle up in my husbands thermal PJ's and put a heated blanket on. As they have stated above...BRING CHAPSTICK. That's the only thing I didn't bring that I wish I would have.

I have opted to go back to work tomorrow because I have a job where I feel I will have no issues at all. We have filtered Water there, a way to heat up broth and I have a mini fridge in my office so thats just about all I need. I do need to remind myself to keep hydrated!

I forgot to add that the Doctor told me due to myself having mini gastric bypass they kept me on a IV the whole time replacing the units every six hours. Even then I came home a little lighter than when I left. I'mont complaining.

2 hours ago, Aiysha said:

As my surgery day approaches Thursday I'm starting to second guess myself what am i getting myself into

I went through that, too. It may go away in the next day or so. It did for me, and a calm acceptance came over me and I went in and had it done. I don't regret it. I kind of doubt you will regret it either. Last-minute cold feet are perfectly natural.

1 hour ago, CajunSam said:

My big post op report.

Today I am 4 days post op revision from VSG to Mini Gastric Bypass.

Today I only feel discomfort and no pain at all. In fact, I haven't touched any of the pain medicine I was sent home with. Although, I do have a high tolerance for pain. The biggest issue I had with discomfort was I had a drain paced and it made it nearly impossible for me to get comfortable. I have 3 incisions and one drain "open wound" that should close on it's on. My stomach has bruised pretty bad but all in all it doesn't look so bad. The hardest part of the whole surgery was coming out of anesthesia honestly. I felt perfectly fine after. We even toured Tijuana 2 days post op and were able to walk around the beach and shops with no issues.

As far as hunger is concerned...I haven't felt hungry since my surgery at all. It's a very weird thing to me to not feel hungry because before I was always hungry. Well, Head hungry anyway. The thing about being coder after surgery has been absolutely true for me! I have been freezing all day. It's 75 degrees right now (830 pm where I am) and all I want it to bundle up in my husbands thermal PJ's and put a heated blanket on. As they have stated above...BRING CHAPSTICK. That's the only thing I didn't bring that I wish I would have.

I have opted to go back to work tomorrow because I have a job where I feel I will have no issues at all. We have filtered Water there, a way to heat up broth and I have a mini fridge in my office so thats just about all I need. I do need to remind myself to keep hydrated!

Wow, CajunSam, it's done! You did it! We're all so happy and proud for you... you watched and were so kind to all of us as our dates came and went... and now you've had yours at last! Great report by the way. I had six incisions for some reason! And coming out of anesthesia was the most painful part of it. I'm amazed you were able to walk so easily so soon... I'm only catching up walking NOW, lol!

PS what little hunger you're feeling is going to get lots, lots less ;)

26 minutes ago, SusieQ2019 said:

Congratulations on a successful surgery @CajunSam glad that everything went well for you.

Your moment is coming! :D

Update on 7 day preop liquid diet:

Day 1: soooo weird, my mouth wanted something to chew, it was such a weird feeling. I felt weird but was manageable.

Day 2: HEADACHES!!!! Ommmggg. Oh and weak not tired but definitely weak.

Day 3-5 actually pretty good!! I’m surprised by how okay I feel. My stomach feels less swollen, energy is alright. But honestly I love seeing some numbers being off the scale.

I’m 5’4
24 years old
Heaviest weight (2 weeks ago): 264
Current weight (today): 254
Goal weight: 1st - 180/ 2nd - 150/ 3rd - 130!

I am scheduled for vsg this Thursday!!! Super excited and ready!!

I’m having to be on liquids for two weeks!!!
Me too. I'm at Toronto western hospitals bariatric program. Two weeks of optifast900 which made me lose 13 lbs before surgery. Yesterday and today I'm on clear fluids, mostly Water. The next 12 to 14 days I'm on full liquids before going to puree stage for a couple more weeks then I spend the last 4-5 weeks on soft foods before transitioning to a healthy eating plan. It's a lot but well worth it for your health and longevity! It's not so bad though. I want to eat out of habit but I'm not really wanting to eat if that makes sense. Good luck!

Sent from my LM-Q910 using BariatricPal mobile app