Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My cardiologist told me to try to eat some salmon since they are good for the heart.I bought tuna and sardine and the thought of opening the can made me nauseous. Shrimp is at different level.

So quick update, I had surgery Monday and I’m down 5 lbs in about 5 days. That doesn’t include the Water weight I had to loose from the hospital. So I’m 5lbs lighter than when I walked into the hospital on Monday. So 5lbs in 6 days is pretty amazing in my book!

Good luck to you. I am also in the Bronx, having my surgery at Mt. Sinai on the 29th.

15 hours ago, beautifuldaymonster said:

Your gas may move into weird places like your chest and shoulder. Mine did today. Later I burped and it went away. TMI but the worst part of it for me has been bowel movements: liquid spray, dark, the color of spinach, and the worst-smelling they have ever been in my entire life, haha! Egad do they stink. I woke with stinky breath this morning but they say that's a good sign, ketosis, you're losing weight. It's so exciting reading everyone's journeys! I can't wait until SuzieQ has hers! Thanks for yours!

oh yes on the liquid BM. Also when I fart, not sure if it is just a fart because I have SHARTED several times. Yes and the smell is enough to even nock my dog over. I have some gas too. mostly just getting tired of making sure I get enough liquid in before my belly hurts.

Man I hope I will be able to tolerate sea food because I prefer eating seafood than cow/pork/chicken etc. meats. Well for me after surgery.

Day 1 & 2 : Clear Liquids

Day 3 - 14 (2 weeks): Full liquids

Day 15 - 22 ( week 3): Thin Purées

Day 23 ( week 4 ) : Thick Purées

Weeks 5 & 6: will transition to a regular diet, but I have to measure portions.

So far it doesn’t seem hard, but I won’t know after surgery.

1 hour ago, Mama Kat said:

Surgery April 24th 2019
Gastric Bypass
HW 320
CW 294
GW 165
👋From da Bx in NY👋
Good luck to All in their weight loss journey 🙌🏽💪🏽🙌🏽💪🏽🙌🏽

Oh wow I’m also from the Bronx in NYC, I’m getting my surgery on Monday at Lenox Hill Hospital. Man I hope your surgery goes well.

Wishing you an easy surgery on Monday.

Lenoxs Hills is great I know 2 people who had their sleeves done there. I actually went there for an information secession, but ended up going to Mt. Sinai since my PCP is there.

On 2/21/2019 at 8:24 PM, Alwzla8 said:

Well, I got the call today and I AM IN THE APRIL GROUP!!! Yay!! April 9th is on the books😁🥳

Congrats and good luck!!

My son has watched "My 600 pound life" and he knows what the procedure is and asked me today as I was watching it if I was nervous or scared with surgery on the 9th I think I am more ready to get this show on the road and ready to start over. I think that I am also excited to know that as this journey continues I can count down my anniversary celebration with my cruise at the 1 year mark:) Woo Hoo!

Ohhhh I’m day 4 pre-op diet and booked in for April 18th. Yay

starting weight before pre-op was 138kg

GW ??? I don’t know! How do people decide this?

37 minutes ago, losingthepast said:

Ohhhh I’m day 4 pre-op diet and booked in for April 18th. Yay

starting weight before pre-op was 138kg

GW ??? I don’t know! How do people decide this?

I have 145 as my goal weight but I want to be around 150ish.. I just want to be in shape and healthy and if that is at 155 then I will be happy there:) Good luck with your pre op diet!

First things first - Good luck to all of the 2nd week sleevers. You got this! I look forward to reading your stories!

Now the me part. Lol.
I went into surgery on April 4th weighing around 303 lbs. I came out at 307, but now that my body finished processing the IV fluids, I'm at 299.

I am constipated, so today, I'll start taking Miralax. I have no pain and the few discomforts I had are improving exponentially.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm so nervous about the surgery on April 11th I'm having bad dreams about it my mind playing tricks on me i know I'm doing the right thing for me cause i have hbp diabetes and sleep apnea my starting weight was 358 my weight now 336 liquid diet 12 days in so im losing weight just afraid of having surgery