Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

22 minutes ago, KhaosG00B said:

Wow once I had horrible gas pains and I felt like I was dying but i just dealt with it since I wasn’t able to do nothing. But man I wonder if the gas pain from surgery will be anything like what I experienced before. Thankful it was only once. Fit.4.Me I hope you feel better soon

Your gas may move into weird places like your chest and shoulder. Mine did today. Later I burped and it went away. TMI but the worst part of it for me has been bowel movements: liquid spray, dark, the color of spinach, and the worst-smelling they have ever been in my entire life, haha! Egad do they stink. I woke with stinky breath this morning but they say that's a good sign, ketosis, you're losing weight. It's so exciting reading everyone's journeys! I can't wait until SuzieQ has hers! Thanks for yours!

34 minutes ago, KhaosG00B said:

My VSG surgery is on April 8, nervous yet excited and bit stressed. You’ll know why if you read my post. But yeah I’m so excited and wonder how my body will change after surgery. I can’t lie I wonder how my body shape will look like and who it will resemble the most from all the females in my family. They all look different and my two sisters have different body shapes.

Funny you mention that: I noticed my body shape is resembling the shape of my grandmother! I'm not tall as she was but I definitely see her shoulders, teeth and cheekbones emerging...

I had vsg April 3rd

Im home and doing well only slight discomfort from incisions , I didn’t gave gas pain so I guess I was lucky , I walked a lot though quite soon after surgery - I did have bad indigestion though and gaviscon cleared that ... not had it since

I’m sipping Water and Protein as much as possible , I need to monitor how much though as I’m probably not hitting what I should yet , so I’ll start that today, loving hearing about everyone’s journeys here - wishing you all a speedy recovery and for those due to have their surgeries , hope it all goes well for you

What is an Emersion mixer?
I received my time today, I have to be there at noon surgery is at 145, holy cow I’m nervous! And I am going to do the last of my shopping this weekend, I’ve been looking up puréed recipes since I will be on that for 4 weeks. We only do Clear Liquids in the hospital.
It is a stick blender that you can use to put in food to blend while it's cooking. For example I used mine to make broccoli cheese Soup to liquefy the broccoli while the pot was on the burner.

Things just got real. The hospital called, I’m scheduled for 9:30am Monday morning. I’m the 3rd procedure that day. Check into hospital Sunday night. My nerves just kicked in, so far I’ve been able to not really think too much about it. I know I won’t regret it, just ready to get onto recovering and starting this new chapter. Thank you for all the insight everyone is posting with their experiences. I think in the end that will help prepare me the most for what to expect. We’ve got this thing!! See you on the losers bench Monday!! Any items anyone wished they had with them in the hospital but didn’t?
I brought a tiny bag - flip flops, pajama bottoms, biotene dry mouth spray, tablet, phone, chargers, deo, toothpaste/toothbrush, and lotion.

Out of all if that, I only used my phone and it's charger. I slept and talked to family the day of. The next day, I was restless and ready to go home.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

CajunSam. I’m hoping for surgery in April. As it’s my month Supposed to be my month.
Answering your questions above

Having gastric bypass
Height 4’11. I know. I’m a shorty 😀
Starting weight. 224
Goal weight 130

I have been eating an 800 calorie diet so it will be easier to transcend to the next stage after the Water and Protein Shakes. There’s no want for food. So I’m good there. I have been walking my dogs for exercise and it’s nice here today. Yesterday it snowed. But today my spring flowers wanna open. Can’t wait to get my surgery date. Blinds going stir crazy not knowing.
Hope all is well with everyone

14 hours ago, Romanoloser said:

To What is an Emersion mixer?
I received my time today, I have to be there at noon surgery is at 145, holy cow I’m nervous! And I am going to do the last of my shopping this weekend, I’ve been looking up puréed recipes since I will be on that for 4 weeks. We only do Clear Liquids in the hospital.

Immersion blender... sorry:) To make all those wonderful blender wand thing to blend without having to always clean my full size blender, because we all know that is a pain in the butt. My Dr still has me on liquids as well but for 3 weeks before mushy foods.. Did you ever think that you would look forward to mushy food lol

Edited by Alwzla8

I know right and I have never heard of one of those blenders. I’m assuming it purées? I’m wondering how well my blender will purée chicken and I did get chicken In a can which I have never tried before. I’m sure I will be tired of baby food in no time though lol!!

11 minutes ago, Romanoloser said:

I know right and I have never heard of one of those blenders. I’m assuming it purées? I’m wondering how well my blender will purée chicken and I did get chicken In a can which I have never tried before. I’m sure I will be tired of baby food in no time though lol!!

LOL I wonder if it will do chicken.. hummm. We were told NO baby food even though if you think about it all the mush is just like baby food haha. I was also told no chicken during the mushy food phase but hey pot roast from the crock pot is ok.. MAN I can't wait for smush ha ha

Edited by Alwzla8

On 04/06/2019 at 10:42, Alwzla8 said:

LOL I wonder if it will do chicken.. hummm. We were told NO baby food even though if you think about it all the mush is just like baby food haha. I was also told no chicken during the mushy food phase but hey pot roast from the crock pot is ok.. MAN I can't wait for smush ha ha

There was a good recipe for hummus in the book that came with my ninja. I am looking forward to trying that!

We were also told no baby food because they are low in Protein and high in carbs and sugar. I am going to use my nutri bullet to puree my homemade bean Soup and puree bake chicken in broth. I don't eat seafood but hoping i will have a liking to them after surgery.

I was looking at the recipes that are in with the instant pot lol.. someone posted one that looked good on here with ricotta cheese end eggs and light cheese.

2 minutes ago, SusieQ2019 said:

We were also told no baby food because they are low in Protein and high in carbs and sugar. I am going to use my nutri bullet to puree my homemade bean Soup and puree bake chicken in broth. I don't eat seafood but hoping i will have a liking to them after surgery.

I am the same about seafood, with the exception of shrimp. I am hoping that I will be able to eat fish when this is over, I mean if I can adjust to these horrid shakes god willing I will find a way to eat fish!

And we can’t have baby food either, but the mush will be just like baby food! I bought some frozen cauliflower there’s a couple recipes for mashed cauliflower and chicken and avocado. I just hope I can get past the texture.